Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

All I have to say is..., Hanzo had better...,

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's most likely to return?
Hanzo
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Yuber
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Pesmerga
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Milia
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: All I have to say is..., Hanzo had better..., Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... be a star or be well involved with Suikoden 5. And I want Milia with the Dragon Rune to judicate some dragon-madness on people. I'm so stoked for this insstallment of the series. Pesmerga and Yuber are still close...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hanzo and Milia will not be in this game, in all likelihood. They live in the Toran region. Suikoden V takes place in the Queendom of Falena. There is a large ocean between Toran (the Scarlet Moon Empire) and the Queendom of Falena. There is no reason for either of them to be in Falena, except for maybe if Hanzo is on some secret ninja business. Also, unless, I'm mistaken, Milia will not have received the Dragon Rune yet. This game takes place before Suikoden II, and likely before Suikoden I, placing the Dragon Rune in the hands of Joshua Levenheit.

That said, I'm thinking that Pesmerga might be in this. We haven't seen him in a very long time, and all signs indicate that he and Yuber will still play a major part in the series. So, both Yuber and Pesmerga are likely, with a slight edge to Pesmerga due to his absences from the recent games.

Even more likely to return, however, are Lorelai and Killey, especially if the game takes place before Suikoden I. They were both researching Sindarin ruins in Falena at some point.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
That said, I'm thinking that Pesmerga might be in this. We haven't seen him in a very long time, and all signs indicate that he and Yuber will still play a major part in the series. So, both Yuber and Pesmerga are likely, with a slight edge to Pesmerga due to his absences from the recent games.

Just because we haven't seen him in a while doesn't mean he will show. I think he might be likely though because of how close this game is to I and II. If it is set before I, he could be on his way to the Scarlet Moon in surch of Yuber. And if it's after, I think he just about as likely to be in. As for Yuber, I don't know if he will be that likely because I thought before suiko I he was with Windy and Neclord who will most likely be in the Scarlet Moon empire at that time. But between I and II...maybe so. Depending if there is someone in the Queendom who knows how to summon him.

I used to think that maybe they won't be adding any more this time other than the regulars (Jeane and Viki) and Georg, Killey and Lorelai. But the qoute from the article the other day has got me thinking. Maybe there will be more and maybe some of them, who are usually on your side, won't be and vise versa.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
Just because we haven't seen him in a while doesn't mean he will show.

I never said it was a guarantee. Just that if he is still supposed to play a major role later, we need to be seing more of him now. It would be pretty silly if Konami just pulled him out of nowhere for the final Suikoden.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree but that may just happen.

Probably won't though. :wink:
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have felling that Yuber might make an appearence in Falena and get involved in the action.

Pesmerga could also return it just depends what Konami does like:

Don't put both of them in the game to make us pull our hair out in anticipation.

OR

Be ever so kind and give us the both of them.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it would be fine to see Yuber as the mad Queen's Knight.

Anyway, isn't it too much for all of these returning characters, it wouldn't really be fun to have characters that already been shown and known about more than other normal characters, we need more new interesting ones, though I wouldn't really mind having them for at least one good reason other than "we just happened to be here".

I can see Milia or someone really close to her having a reason to be there solely for the new appearance of the water/sea dragons (or were they sea ponies :?) , as for the others, quite not, maybe unless they are there as fillers.

Hanzo was sure cool looking, but as I saw it, he was only as important as the Chief of Elves or Chief of Dwarves in Suikoden I, and I don't really see anyone demanding them to magically reappear for no reason other than it would be cool.

Give them a good reason, give them a good returning character role and I would happily welcome their appearance in a new game.

As for Yuber and Pesmerga, I grew to not care, I read too many speculations and theories about them that I stopped dreaming about them appearing once more after Suikoden II, I say let them come when they want to come, time to see new dark pretty boys/men.

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although it would be cool to have hanzo, milia, yuber, pesmerga in the game it just isnt that likely. Hanzo wasnt all that important albeit very cool. Milia is still subordinate to Joshua and unless they make some sort of weird tie in that has her on some sort of mission to the Queendom, I dont think so..

Of course we all want Yuber/Pesmerga in it but come on. Pesmerga is busy chasing Yuber and not long after he is in Toran/Jowston depending on the timeframe. I dont think he would miss it if Yuber was all of a sudden in the Queendom. Even though unlikely.. if someone in the Queendom (i.e the queen) knew how to summon him, that would be extremely badass.

Oh well... we can dream.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber seems the only one that could return, but really i don't care about yuber or pesmerga. I wouldn't mind if milia or hanzo to be in it but probabbally not, besides it's better if we see more new characters.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would prefer to see a lot of returing characters in this game, since it is so close to the time periods of I and II, also because it would be better for Konami to flesh out some already existing characters rather than what they have been doing - rehashing old character types in new bodies.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord wrote:

...Hanzo was sure cool looking, but as I saw it, he was only as important as the Chief of Elves or Chief of Dwarves in Suikoden I, and I don't really see anyone demanding them to magically reappear for no reason other than it would be cool...

ehm...actually..Hanzo was the Chief of the Ninja Hideout "Rokkaku" the Elven Chief had no real name...And there wouldn't be a reason to appear for hanzo or the elven chief of the toran elves...

But it would be interesting if there would appear a ninja of the Kage Organisation...maybe...
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg wrote:
Njord wrote:

...Hanzo was sure cool looking, but as I saw it, he was only as important as the Chief of Elves or Chief of Dwarves in Suikoden I, and I don't really see anyone demanding them to magically reappear for no reason other than it would be cool...

ehm...actually..Hanzo was the Chief of the Ninja Hideout "Rokkaku" the Elven Chief had no real name...And there wouldn't be a reason to appear for hanzo or the elven chief of the toran elves...

But it would be interesting if there would appear a ninja of the Kage Organisation...maybe...

He didn't say that Hanzo was the Chief of Elves or the Chief of Dwarves, he's saying that he and they are of equal importance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: