Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Voice confirmed for Suikoden 5 + some additonal characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that the voices are good in this one. I liked the ones in the last one, but there could've been speaking in battles such as chanting before you cast a spell and the like.

I also think that it's time to have a hero that speaks. It might add more story and feelings of attachment to the hero. The last hero didn't show many emotions that I remember, so I couldn't really feel any thing that he felt...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree... I wanna hear the hero speak this time. I wouldn't have anything less! Also, I'm expecting to hear good voices for the characters... and no more creepy Chiepoo impressions. :twisted:

Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We still don't know who Euram is! I wonder if that's the name of the new stragist.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or maybe one of the queen's knights (there was a woman in green with red hair and an older looking guy)
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am pretty curious of how they will further this option. I hope that the voices will be good in this game. Though I have to say, the whole silent-hero thing wouldn't bother me too much since it is kinda tradition. I am expecting good things from Suikoden V.

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope they take some good voice actors to record voices for Suikoden V. Besides if hero would be silent again I think they should at least record voices for prompts for the Hero. Let's see if there would be about 10-15 prompts there would be only 20-30 sentences(If they decide for two voices, which seems preety sure). In Suikoden IV it was annoying when other characters didn't speak your name, but in Suikoden V they have easier task because Hero have title so I think they will be speaking title instead of name.
As for Rhapsodia: If somebody have it and is playing it now could he tell us what he thinks about voices for characters?
I'm also curious if characters returning from SIV will have same vioces in english version.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't think that the voices in S4 were all that bad. They weren't perfectly good, but they weren't all that bad.

I could feel the emotions in their voices, which is somewhat hard for video games to pull off.

The only part I didn't like is that they don't mention the name of the army, boat, or the hero during the voice acting. If they could at least have like some word or something to take the place of those names, then I would be happy.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The annoying thing with the voices in S4 was how little of the voices we actually heard. Many characters had a few spoken lines before you recruited them, then you never heard them again. And then many plot characters you only heard a few times.

I remember how you meet Chiepoo at Razril at night for the first time and he tells you to rescue the girl. he see him again at the item shop. But you never actually hear his voice until he stows away on your ship.

It creates a bad first impression. When I read the dialogue I imagine a certain voice...then I hear a different voice later and I feel confused.

^Actual quote!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually liked Chiepoo's voice. But out of the three nekolbolds, my favorite is Champo. His voice is that of a bumbling and klutzy goof, and it fits his personality. Narcle has the deeper voice, and that's usually something that I wouldn't associate with cats.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the voices of all three cats. I thought they were among the best in the game. Nalkul's was the best IMO opinion because he didn't sound childish. He helped break apart the self-mockery of the Nay-Kobolds and thier village.

^Actual quote!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really liked both Champo and Nalkul's voices. They fit them perfectly IMHO. But i'm still reeling from Chiepoo's voice before. It's not my cup of tea.

Hopefully, the new beaver-people's voices aren't that strange as well. They may actually sound like humans this time. :wink:

SuikoCrimson

The Lion Hearted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

runemaster wrote:
Well i hope they give hero5 a good voice actor i mean he is the prince for heavens sake.

Yeah, I agree with you. Konami should choose the appropriate voice for the heroes. The voices that fit on the character's personality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: