Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden I & II being released on PSP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dammit! Well, it looks like I'll be importing it then. That being said, I'm still thinking that with the designers trying to take Suikoden to much bigger heights then if Suikoden V/Rhapsodia are v. popular - which they look to be - then these could very easily be released later on.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusanji wrote:
I must be the bearer of the (slightly)bad news then...

http://www.konami.co.jp/press/2005/09/033/r.17.09.16-e.html

Scroll down to find Suikoden 1 + 2 for the PSP...and it says Japan only -_-. Coruse, considering it's Konami...you never know.

:evil: They must be kidding... I hoped that I will buy PSP only for these S1&2 and now what?
But in those bad news there is one good: Suikoden V probably would be relased in Europe too(It says so in this table)..Yay

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well like I said, there's always a small chance that Konami could release the PSP versions in the US at a later date if Suikoden V has exceptionally high reviews and feedback.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Well like I said, there's always a small chance that Konami could release the PSP versions in the US at a later date if Suikoden V has exceptionally high reviews and feedback.

And Europe...don't forget Europe :wink: But if this is true that PSP games haven't got regional blocade then US will be enough.(for Suikoden1&2)

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's what I was going for. Didn't want to push the dream too much. Being released in the US is more than good enough for me if we can import it safely onto the PSP lol

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusanji wrote:
I must be the bearer of the (slightly)bad news then...

http://www.konami.co.jp/press/2005/09/033/r.17.09.16-e.html

Scroll down to find Suikoden 1 + 2 for the PSP...and it says Japan only -_-. Coruse, considering it's Konami...you never know.

Not surprising but I would not doubt that we could see it brought over. MOst gmes start as japan only until it's decided on top bring it over and localize it. Often the games released here are at least 6 months and often over a year old once we see it.

The game has earned itself a bit of a cult following since the early games (as much as some fans hate it, the third game is really what finally generated some mild interest in the series.) The first two games simply sold so poorly for many reasons including poor artdisplay (1st game) and after the first game bombed they didn't even try to advertise 2 and even released it directly against Final Fantasy 8 in the US. The series is a bit more known by the rpg gaming community now than it was then so it would not be an unexpected risk.

Of course this is still all speculation. Just my take on it.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Abour Suikoden 1 and 2 not being released over here. It COULD just mean that they have no current plans to do so. It's quite normal to wait for a game's release in Japan before considering bring over here. I emailed konami of america, asking for clarification. As usual, they don't know. But them not knowing is WAY better than it being "Japan Only".

So try to stay optimistic. It's too early to know.

Also, does anyone know who makes the porting decistion in Konami. Konami of Japan or Konami of America?
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to give up hope. There's always a chance that the compilation will be brought over.
The game was just announced a few days ago so it's still pretty early.

Don't be afraid to let Konami know how you feel. Preferably in a civil fashion. :)

Last edited by Gunloc on Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FUCK YOU KONAMI. It seems Konami doesn't even want Suikoden to be popular here. In Japan they rerelease the previous games every time a new game comes out. Here, they haven't even bothered to rerelease them despite fan feedback, and now this.

Konami needs to take a page from Square's book.

*emails*

Just keep the mail coming. We'll force them release this like when Square wouldn't release FFIV and CT for psx.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the attitude!

I'll even make it easy for ya support@konami.com

While the people who read such email claim to be powerless and most likely are, if they get an overwhelming about of emails they'll surely pass such ino to the higher ups. There's a lot of people here at SARS. Even if it's unlikely we'll change things it only takes a minute. And maybe we'll be that last little push Konami needs to release it over here.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I'm going over some reasons why they wouldnt realese it outside Japan
1. Translation
2. Convertion
3. Bad sales

But....
1 Both games are already translated
2 Not needed cause PSP dont have regioncoding
3 What can the cost be to change language and ship it to the US? They dont have to sell many to overcome that.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are no rpgs coming to psp over here. Why NOT bring it over here? It'd give them more attention.

I suggest we help make this possible by taking screen caps of the ebay auctions and mailing them to konami, and other things like that. To show that people are WILLING to buy the games.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IT might come if all goes well in Japan but this sounds rather bad.

Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm I have played both games about 8 times each, all through. I havce also played different part countless times. I should be able to play through both games in Japanese even tough I cant read a word, I have it all in my head every single line spoken (written), I think. Nor buying them is not an option, but I will wait a while before buying the Japanese version.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man! That is crap. I hate when Konami do stuff like that. *Damn them* but they make great games. :evil: :evil:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: