Suikoden United and Inspirational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rap and Hip-Hop, Yea or Nay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Rap/Hip-Hop Good Music?
Yes
47%
 47%  [ 21 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 44

Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heres a little something I dug up..

A little something

Not to be taken too seriously, but I think some of you might find it amusing.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really like much of the rap/hip hop even though I like all other music....maybe its just me....

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well right now Twiztid's "Mutant" is the best album EVER!!!!]

So totaly yay.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just one thing that I had to make a statement on. Rap was not founded on the 'gangsta' principle. People misconstrue that. Rap was founded based on cultural and social revolution. It spoke to a people and touched on subjects that hit the homes of low income urban masses. That was why it was so popular. It was all about the unity of a people and standing up for what you believe in. There was no "gangsta" involved. This "gangsta" rap didn't even come around until the early 1980's and rap had been around nearly 30 years before then.

Rap, Hip-Hop, and 'Gangsta' Rap are 3 totally different things that people try to roll into one. It's just sad that most people don't know the history of hip-hop and rap and will unfortunately associate it to this marketed, corporately manipulated, industry driven, and image motivated type of music which doesn't even faintly resemble the original essence of rap music.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rap is great... I've enjoy rap and hip hop all that since i was in primary school thanks to the kind a people i hang out with... most of the times they rap about their lives, money, gangstaz and all that... but there's some truth in them and some similarities i find in the lyrics to my life and i like that... sure i can find it in other type of songs.... but i just prefer rap to all that rock, pop, grunge and stuff... i hate a lot of the other types anyway for my own reasons... :twisted:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: