Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV and ancestors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I knew there were a few I was missing.

About Meg and Belle, I'm pretty sure Meg is Belle's mother, but what creeps me out is this:

Solar Year 445: Meg's born
Solar Year 460: Dunan Unification War. Meg is 15
Solar Year 463: Belle is born. Meg is 18 years old O_o
Solar Year 475: Second Fire Bringer War, Belle is 12 years old, Meg is 30.

So yeah, if Meg is Belle's mother, which I still think she is, she was pretty young when she had her. Anyway.

The trouble again with finding ancestors in Suikoden IV is that it's so easy to find the tablet of stars and point out similarities between stars, and assume descendants. It's fun, for sure, but not all 108 in Toran, Dunan, Grasslands, Zexan, and Harmonia can have their roots in the Island Nations. We have to be a bit more selective and pile on a bit more criteria. For example, I disagree with Mizuki and Kasumi, I don't find them that similar looking, and they don't sync up on the TOS.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
For example, I disagree with Mizuki and Kasumi, I don't find them that similar looking, and they don't sync up on the TOS.

It was only a theory. And if you're saying that all blood relations must be under the same star than what about Tai ho/Yam koo, Freed and Yama/Sanae, Tsai/Tomo, Lucia/Hugo? Or are you going to claim that if they're in the same game it doesn't matter?

Anyway, I seriously doubt that besides Rachel and Gary, there are many (if any) ancestors in Suikoden 4. (WIth the exception of Lino EN Kuldes being Lepant's great great great great grandfather)

Oh, and Eileen was only 16 when she gave birth to Sheena, so don't count Meg and Belle out. The worst part about all of that though, is that Lepant was 26, which makes sense if you look at the society and time period that SUikoden is an obvious parallel of on Earth.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Ameria kind of reminds me of Elaine, but not enough to make me think they're related.

I've recently noticed this too. They're both mercenaries, and they both love wearing makeup. I think they both line of up on the same star as well. I'd like to think their past lives, but I like Ameria and Elaine is umm.... mean to Queen. :x
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the Jeane note, there's also the chance that she's not even human. When Koroku talks to her, she refers to her "true form," but who knows what she means by that.

And I could definitely see a relation between Ameria and Elaine.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meg IS indeed Belle's mother. THat is something confirmed. Giving birth at 18 is nothing suprising at all. Please remember that the Suikoden world is supposed to be set in a medieval era. And especially for Asians, or at least Asians of the past, 18 is very encouragable to a marriable age... And they should get married at 18 whenever possible...

And Ronnie bell being Emily's mother, that is even more confirmed by Konami...

As for S4, the Gary being Max ancestor thing is just about the only most probably almost solid fact thing... Although like others have said, Rachel and Camille are the next most possible ancestor pairing...

As for the rest, i'd rather take it to be lack of ideas to create characters on Konami's part... I mean, it's only convenient to create characters based off previously created characters of the same star, and that's basically what they have been doing all along.... Characters like Mizuki and Kasumi are only similar simply because they're both kunoichi(female ninja)...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not only the fact that Ronnie is Emily's mom, but also that Mose is the father of Emily as well. This is not exactly confirmed, but Kidd's investigation in 3 claimed that her father was a blacksmith. That is enoguh evidence for me.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lino en kuldes in lepents great great great great grandfather!!!!! where is this said!! :shock:

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nowhere, runemaster; it's merely speculation.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh ok then sorry about that.

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes... Mose is Emily's father... I forgot about that...
Lazlo

Knights of Gaien

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Izak kind of reminded me of Viktor...not in an ancestral type way, but in a way that made me go "Hey! That guy was kind of based off of Viktor!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: