Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Silverburgs are stratagists, but what about Odessa??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SEE! Even the Queen of Falena agrees with me!

Sorry about that, it's just that there's usually a lack of people that side with me on this sort of thing.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, if Sanchez was really wanting to destroy the liberation army, he could just join it one day, be a tattletale the next, and have it destroyed on day three...

Maybe I should start a new thread for this :lol: ...

Maybe Odessa is too trustworthy, but since Sanchez is Mr. Spy, he really cannot be the strategist. I have always seen him as a sort of secretary, doing all the paper work. This would also explain why he would know the movements of the liberation army.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that he seems to follow people EVERYWHERE despite being abosolutely useless, like to the floating fortress Shara-something and to the place where Griffith used to be captain. Isn't it strange no one found him suspicious?
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think odessa was a bit of a stratagist although it is never shown and about her bieng a warrior aside from her using a crossbow i never thought of her as much of a warrior but maybe thats because i did not use her much

Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:

I actually think it might be possible that Humphrey played some sort of pivotal role in the strategy of the Liberation Army. Like Sanchez, he would have an inside view as to the abilities and strategy of the Scarlet Moon Empire (as he was an imperial swordsman for the empire afterall) And whereas Sanchez might be hesitant to attack the nation he loved so dearly, Humphrey looks to me, like he would have much less of a problem doing just that.

I don't really think Humphrey had to much insight to the Scarlet Moon empire's tactics. Actions like the Kalekka incedent took him by surprise and forced him to kill his CO. He may have been a member of the Elite Gaurd but he was only a lieutenant. Humphrey was just a swordsman and as such I doubt he was involved in any planing beyond is CO pointing and saying "Kill."

Sanchez served as financial officer to the Scarlet Moon and as such was in a postion to know many things about the empire, military and otherwise. Officialy he served the same office the rebel army but given the choice between Flik, Humphrey, Victor and Sanchez I think that Sanchez brings more knowledge to the table then the others and probably his word played a major part in the plans Odessa made.

On the other hand Odessa was a bit on the rash side though and she may well have kept her own councel. We have little chance to see any of Odessa's plan and tactics but we know that she was looking to the future with the fire spears so that some day they could fight head on. She may well have had the mind to rival Leon(I doubt that, but hey we can't say for sure) but simply lacked the abillity to remain detached. It was a spur of the moment act of compassion that led to her death not some colosal military mistake. Has to her failing to notice a spy in her group we only know of the one act of betrayel sanchez comited to her so at the time she may have had no reason to suspect and even Mathiu was unable to see Sanchez for who he really was. Hell at the time of poisoning we have Leon in the army and even the Great One himself could not spot Sanchez for a spy. I don't think we have seen enough of Odessa to really make a cal on what kind of Stratigist she really was.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know what? Screw the rest of the silverbergs because all the silverberg guys are wimps, but she can SHOOT!

Well, she definitely do have skills as a strategist. To be a competent leader of a rebel force, you need to be at least smart. Not every force works with le strong silent leader who puppets after everything their strategist says. In her case, she has real leadership qualities, brains with strategy as well as capable of heading into combat herself unlike all other weak silverbergs.(That is if we ignore the stuff about Rikimaru...)

Now she made one mistake. A fatal one no doubt, but it was all due to human emotions. Sure she isn't as cold blooded as her uncle, or we can say calm minded, she was definitely more hot headed than the average strategist. But that doesn't mean she doens't possess strategic skills...

At any rate, she was smart enough to know of the simple fact that letting the rebel forces know that they're well esteemed leader died would totally crush the moral. She was willing to sacrifice having her body being dumped into the sewers for a greater cause. Ok that may have nothing to do with being a strategist but more of being a good leader, but my point is, she has good brains...
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is rikimaru even a Silverberg? (sorry to go off topic)

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's just a speculation by SARSadmin which is written mainly for entertainment sake... It's rather convincing actually though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: