Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Summer Transfers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Halberdier, I heard Liverpool are getting Owen for £10 million, £25 must be in a different currency because a bid like that is so off the wall it's untrue. While a good player he's not someone who would go for £25 million, you have to be a young and budding superstar to get that kind of money!

Keeping Man City and Liverpool at bay for signing Stelios Giannakopolous is a minor victory for Bolton, a good player - he got the winner in Bolton's 1-0 beating of Arsenal last year I recall, the greek international is definitely a key player in their team I think.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another transfer this weekend:

Everton signed Nuno Valente from FC Porto (dunno how much they paid). It was the only solution for the Portuguese left defender, since he had problems with FC Porto's SAD. After I saw Everton's game yesterday, I think they really need him :D

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That Everton are going to wind up being a really good team at some point - it seems they aren't scared of investment and David Moyes is a very good manager. That combination ought to make them one to watch in the future as they continue to turn around the team that was a potential relegation candidate at the start of last year into a team worthy of their European qualification, with the potential to qualify again.

I think this time they end the season fighting for UEFA cup places, I also like this year's edition of Tottenham so things are definitely interesting in the Premiership when you try and think who'll be coming in 4-7. Liverpool head up that group to me but I really think it's going to be tough to separate those positions in the league.

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's official, folks. Michael Owen signed a four year deal with Newcastle United. Why oh why oh why?

Now I'd be gutted if I were to be .... Alberto Luque .... signed, played as a starter in his debut against Manchester United ... going to warm up the bench for Mickey and Shearer, two of the England's greatest forwards who wouldn't win anything.

Graeme Souness still going to get the sack, boys. And Michael Owen would join Alan Shearer as the best of the losers. Sad, but true, Mickey. Better get used to it. In 4 years, you might be able to run away on Bosman rules. Hopefully, by then, when you're 29 years old, a decent club would still want you.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, too much money by far, considering he went for a sum of about £8m, to come back to England a year later for over double that is ridiculous, it seems Souness got his man though. Stupid Souness when will you learn you're a bad manager?

Great business by Real Madrid though to earn that kind of money off of Owen, I've read Liverpool had their talks with Owen but weren't willing to match the Newcastle offer, sounds about right to me! Benitez is a good manager you see and isn't willing to pay £17m for Owen, learn from him Souness, learn.

Yeah strange situation for Albert Luque, I guess if this was Football Manager he'd have one of those "Feels there is too much competition for his position at the club" things on him at the moment. Just like all the Tottenham players would too...speaking of Tottenham and Newcastle...

More Tottenham rumours because they're funny wrote:
'JENAS DEAL IS CLOSE'
Tottenham are very likely to complete an £8m move for Jermaine Jenas before the transfer window closes, says The Independent. But the deal will not include Robbie Keane, who wants to stay with Spurs. The report also suggests that Tottenham have failed in bids for Dirk Kuyt and Carlton Cole but could still sign Livorno striker Cristiano Lucarelli if they increase their offer. Meanwhile; PSV Eindhoven defender Lee Young-Pyo is on the verge of completing his move to White Hart Lane.

Marvellous.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Owen just can't learn from mistakes. Obvious, he hasn't studied his haistory well enough. Shearer is THE greatest English striker of all time *coughsuperbiasnesscough*. Yet, the only big thing he ever won was the League with Blackburn. Owen has yet to win a thing. The next thing you know, he will take over both the armbands of both England and Newcastle, and be Shearer mark 2, a great and prolific striker, but can't win a thing. But, of course, he is already better than Shearer in that he completed the Treble in 2001.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well yeah I mean he's (Owen) won several domestic trophies, just not the biggest one in the league or anything internationally or in europe. Sure, Shearer career wise didn't win much but he's still had a great career and is about the highest scorer in the premiership still I think, that won't last forever but he'll still be remembered a long time in the future and you can't ask for much more than that from a guy who's never won a thing.

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More official transfers as the deadline draws closer:

1. Wilfred Bouma joined Aston Villa from PSV Eindhoven for 3.5 million pounds. Aston Villa seems to be doing quite well in the transfer market as they gained quality players in Phillips, Baros, and now Bouma. Unfortunately, still no big-name signing for them as promised before.

2. Tottenham Hotspurs finally officially brought Jermaine Jenas from Newcastle United, believed to be for around 8 million pounds. The Spurs midfield would be even more packed these days. I hope that it won't destroy Michael Carrick's career. Three quality central midfielders in Jenas, Carrick, and Davids. Who would play? I hope the three of them at once with Jenas going a bit to the right.

Now for the rumors:
1. Spurs are also expected to finalize the transfer for Lee Young-Pyo from PSV Eindhoven. He would be the replacement of Erik Edman who left Spurs for Rennes of France. Spurs, yet again, are involved in many transfer rumors with Robbie Keane said to be joining Everton while Spurs trying to get Cristiano Lucarelli, last year's Serie A top-scorer, from Livorno.

2. Liverpool are linked with Daniel Bonera of Parma in an attempt to bolster their defense, and also Simao Sabrosa of Benfica to get a good winger. Sadly, Simao's price tag might be too much, claimed to be around 10 million pounds (doesn't this make Figo's initial price of 2 million really cheap?)

3. Newcastle seemed to try to re-sign Norberto Solano .... do you want him or do you not want him? Make up your mind. This is obviously as an attempt to get a right winger after the Magpies failed to get Stelios from Bolton.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Word is they failed entirely to get Nolberto Solano because a price couldn't be agreed upon by the two clubs. At least that's what was being said on the BBC Radio 5 station.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celtic has signed the Chinese Captain Du Wei, after a bloody long time of procasinating, might I add. Celtic's defence is as bad as Sunderland's this season. This obivously need all the help they can get.

On a side note, did i just see Mart Poom headed to Arsenal!?!? :shock: :?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah he did!

Also i heard on the radio this morning that Nolberto Solano has gone back to Newcastle. Can anyone confirm this?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Solano has indeed rejoined Newcastle United with James Milner heading to Aston Villa in a year long loan spell. For the rest of the transfers at the deadline day:

1. Tottenham Hotspurs finally ended their transfer madness by signing another forward, a Polish international by the name of Grzegorz Rasiak from Derby County. He's a tall man ... maybe a better Heskey/Crouchy combination. Who knows ... too bad he'd be down fourth on the pecking order behind Defoe, Mido, and Keane. But with Mido suspended, maybe he will make his debut soon.

2. Middlesborough signed Fabio Rochemback from Barcelona, and also Abel Xavier on free transfer. At the same time, they let Michael Reiziger go to PSV. I'm not impressed with what happened to be honest. Just a bunch of "so-so" players moving around.

3. Glasgow Rangers signed Filippo Maniero and also signed Francis Jeffers on loan for a season. I don't know where they want to go to with these two. Maniero has been proven to be quite good forward, while Jeffers .... seems like a waste of money on his wage. His career is over, done, over, done, finished. The end.

4. West Brom signed 20 year old defender from Luton by the name of Curtis Davies. Charlton signed Jay Bothroyd, and Portsmouth strengthened their side with 3 new signings. Salif Diao joined for a season long loan, while Uruguyan Dario Silva and youngster from Barcelona named Franck Songoo joined the team as well.

5. Everton officially signed Andy van der Meyde from Inter Milan yesterday.

Seems like Liverpool failed to bring in anyone. No news about Bonera, while Simao's price tag was ridiculous (Benfica wanted around 16 million pounds for him?)

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Antone but me find all of Portsmouth's recruits absolutely useless? The only exception is Dario Sliva, but even he is only decent.

Jeffers is just about the most useless player still in top flight football. Can't score goals, can't dribble, can't tackle without fouling, can't be a good goalkeeper, can't do nothing. Always wondered what the hell Arsenal were thinking when they brought him in the first place.

Abel Xavier was good, a few seasons back. Now, well... He's all washed up.

Tottemham got Lee Young Pyo too. He was the best left back in Holland last season. And judging from what we have seen from Park Ji Sung, it shouldn't really be that difficult for him to settle, plus he can speak better English, and Erik Edman can be very easily outshone by just about anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: