Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 4 character art
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it was not a preorder gift. At least not in the United States. However, it MIGHT have been a pre-order goodie over in Japan, I'm not really certain. I do know that there is all kinds of Japanese writing in there that I haven't the faintest clue how to translate.

Also, if you compare the book I have to the Suikoden IV artbook, the Suikoden IV artbook totally pales in comparison. First of all, the Suikoden II book is bigger. And second of all, there is all kinds of concept art, and sketches of each individual character, that you won't find even a hint of in the Suikoden IV artbook released in America. Needless to say, I treasure the Suikoden II artbook more.

For that, and... Other reasons... :roll:

Anyway, I'f really be interested in finding a Suikoden III artbook. (Obviously) I'm a huge Chris fan, and would love to see more pictures of her. :D

Of course, I could always buy the Suikoden III manga released here... Ah well, things to buy, things to buy... :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, that is quite a difference when comparing the Suikdoen IV artwork with the Suikoden II's....Aawww~ but I still want to see the Suikoden IV artwork. I really really liked the Hero IV's character design and some other characters in the game too. I am also interested in seeing the sketches of the different ships and flag designs presented in the game. Yeah, it might not be as great as the Suikoden II artbook, but I'll continue to look for it. >o!

For the people who already have the artbook, I want to ask if there might be an official picture of the Hero wearing some kind of fancy robe. I have been looking through some Japanese Suikoden fanart sites and there are artists who draws the Hero wearing that. **Spoiler?? ** I am having a speculation that it might be an outfit that the King of Obel, or something around that, would wear. Even though Konami didn't clarify clearly that the Hero IV might be Lino's son, if there was an official picture of him wearing an Obel robe, it can be evidence. Maybe, maybe not. **end spoiler ** At first, I thought an artist made it up, but after looking at many other fanart sites, I realized it couldn't be because all of those fanarts were drawn with similiar, or the exact, details. -___- I have been looking around on the internet for sometime, but no such luck. If it's not true, then I don't know how those Japanese artist got that idea or imagery from. >___>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a lot of pictures of Suikoden IV art-work, flags and so on but I've never seen a picture of Hero IV in Obel royal robes. I'd assume the details would be the same if the robes are based on Lino En Kulde's own robes so that might explain that.

However, I owuldn't strike it off as an impossibility until someone which much closer access to these materials can confirm or deny this.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no piece of artwork in the book of Hero 4 in any robes. I just went through it.
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I remember comparing the outfit with Lino's own robes, but they don't look similiar, or the same to me. Though I haven't played Suikoden IV for a long time and I'm not so sure now. >___< But I do have a few links that you can take a look at and you guys can tell me if they look like Lino En Kulde's own robes. Since I can't find a direct link the works, you'll just have to search through which shouldn't be too difficult: No need. I finally found a way to direct link it. How silly of me. ^^;

http://coctura.net/tum/gallery-16.htm
http://coctura.net/tum/gallery-15.htm
http://aspara.cside21.com/gensui/hana-4syu.htm
http://aspara.cside21.com/gensui/4-obel.htm
(Edit )
Leb wrote:
There is no piece of artwork in the book of Hero 4 in any robes. I just went through it.

What?? Aww....Well, I dunno how those artist got the idea from, but I guess there might not be an official picture of that afterall. Thanks. =___=

Last edited by h i k a r i a on Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're stealing the fanart by taking it from their website and displaying it elsewhere. Your intentions are good enough, but links to the webpages are all you should be doing.

Anyway, it looks like they took a few liberties, but the design seems to be similar to the Obel royal family's formal attire.

One of them also decided to make Hero 4's gender a bit ambiguous as well, but that doesn't really have anything to do with it.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why the hell is Hero IV holding Ted as if they are a Gay couple??? In that top link.

http://www.geocities.jp/sirayuki_tomoko/gensuited4maturi.htm
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wasn't "King Hero4"'s pic on the card stories? that is one strange wicked outfit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Why the hell is Hero IV holding Ted as if they are a Gay couple??? In that top link.

Because that is what is supposed to imply (Yaoi or whatever they call it) and that certainly isn't official art.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
wasn't "King Hero4"'s pic on the card stories? that is one strange wicked outfit.

Yup, and it's an official artwork. Have a look here: http://www.konami.jp/th/suiko/list/2vol4/645.html

Credits to Konami's Card Stories gallery site.
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Waah~~ Thank you so much, Thief! Now I know how most Suikoden fan artists got the robe idea from. o^__^o Heh, I'm not familiar with the card stories so I wouldn't assume that a King Hero IV card would exist there.

Even though the card shows the top half of the outfit, I think that's enough for me to start drawing a couple of Suikoden IV fanworks myself. ^___^;
Tou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I happen to know that one final grace has all the S4 art, (Minus Snowe's spring collection as someone so humourasly(sp?) put it. go to www.geocities.com/onefinalgrace and it'll re-direct you since I don't know the new link. ^^;
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: