Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stepping Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I've created two usergroups and four subforums

*nervous laugh* Sorry about that ;)

Sorry to see you stepping down, but on the bright side, it gives you more time to watch the soon-to-be-released digitally remastered with all the extras, Transformers: The Movie.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm happy for you, best of luck with this new change ^)^.

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can honestly say I'm happy for you as well, Jeremy... However, only happy as long as this change actually makes you happier. After all, like just about everyone here has said, it'll stink not having you around as admin, since you did as good a job as anyone could've asked for.

Things'll be different, but it's up to us to accept the change and move on. Best of luck to you, sir. And here's to Sars Ad-Minh and Synchysi keeping their sanity, trying to keep the site up and running themselves, again! :mrgreen:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention Jeremy, look at all the street cred you have. You're straight up gangster, son.

Julious Cezar
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it will certainly be interesting to not have Jeremy around as an admin anymore, but really if thats what he wants to be doing who are we to say anything eh? Anyways, when I was paying attention, what few times that I did to what the admins were doing I thought that you were doing a good job Jeremy. Anyways, do what you think is best for ya, and thats all that matters.

I guess we shall see how Sars and Synchisi manage without him on the forum. Though I am sure they will continue to do just fine, and dandy because well we have no reason to believe they wouldnt.

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be sad to see you step down Jeremy! I can see the whole "clashing with your persona" thing, but I really thought you were an amazing admin, and I'm sad to see you step down.

Anyhow, good luck in your future ventures, and I hope you do well with Falena.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, personally and on a more selfish note, I'm glad he has decided to come back to Falena as we missed him dearly there. ;-) I just don't want to say I'm sorry that he decided to step down because it was in his best interest and that's what I'm more interested in. If it is what he thinks is best, then I'm all for it, but undoubtedly he will be missed as an admin.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, yes, it will make me much happier. When I first accepted the position, I thought that by not being cut off from Falena, things wouldn't really be that much different, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I had intended to keep participating as if nothing was different, but I felt (and was) disconnected from the nation and my activity became a fraction of what it used to be.

The difference with being a nation mod and an administrator is, as an admin, you have to deal with everybody and take requests for services, answer questions and address complaints. For the most part, helping people was rewarding in itself as it was part of what convinced me to take the position. It's all fun and games, giving people custom titles or changing their regiments; but there are other, less pleasant, aspects to the job which, although few in number, took their toll. Now, the enthusiasm I felt at the prospect of helping the board as a whole has become anticipation to be part of the nation system again.

It's a selfish decision, I know, especially since I was good at the job. (I don't want to sound arrogant or anything, but it just came easily once I knew what to do. While there is still much I'd like to learn in terms of the database side of the boards, I could most likely make do with what I do know.) But it was like a weight off my shoulders when I made the decision to step down and return to Falena. The fun is only just beginning...

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, giving people custom titles/changingr egiments is what I find pretty boring and tedious. I tend to enjoy dealing with the yuckier issues because I feel REALLY GOOD every time I ban someone. It gives me an incredible rush when I press that button on my "bantron" (which is a nice MOD) that says "Ban Permanently." Ooooh yeah, baby! Just talking about it is making me excited.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You did a great job as an Admin, best of luck for the future.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What ever floats your boat, Sars. :wink:

Well Jeremy at least you got to have a decent Admin ride where you learned a few things, so at least it was not for nothing. Falena will be glad when you are an official member again.

And Sars, I bet when you get bored sometimes you go off and ban a defenceless Makanakuyian user...poor things. They never knew what was coming.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
It gives me an incredible rush when I press that button on my "bantron" (which is a nice MOD) that says "Ban Permanently."

Man, it makes me green with envy that you can simply ban any random trouble maker without any of those pesky feelings getting in the way. :wink:

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good admin's are born sans emotion.

Julious Cezar
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zero wrote:
Good admin's are born sans emotion.

aawww yeh thats what makes them so admireable, being heartless jercks who come to other forums and destroy them. I know one.

I found a bit of them to be really whats that word? "touchy" they let lets asshats push other users to the edge just to ban somone and get their jollys, they can know for sure if a fight really happed.
just ask me I was banned because of a snide remark that the admin and some member were an "item" why? because she insulted some screen caps I made for avatars, claimed she was "hired to" make them, and she kept on fighting with me, Mr. Admin played hero and steped in to defend his princess, further pushing me to the edge to say "what are you dating her or somthing" eventually they learnt this girl was trouble (only she is allowed to post glitches from games, its her god given job) and then they saw how wrong they were.

so rerember folks, if some little twit gets away with crap on a forum, you know for sure what is going on behind the scenes, I did not tell this girl her "screen caps sucked" no. I was also banned somewhere because Mr. Admin man miss read a complaint amoung two members. they we're complaning about me, what a mistake huh? yeh well he saw he was wrong and fixed that. I swear this guy would of banned/deleted somone for no reason...hes the kind of guy who destorys sites and forums. better watch out he may be on the hunt...no personal thing aginst this forum aside I"M on it.

I'd love to play that kind of admin "OMG U don't fit my critera of a person i'm banning you and calling your ISP on ya cuz u comes back once"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: