Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Script Extraction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ism

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Suikoden Script Extraction Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there anyway to extract the game script, (THE TEXT) out of the data im thinking of writing up the whole dialoge for the games 1&2, but if its done before I'd like to get my hand on it I was also planning on putting in the story details, basicly a write up of the game as a book. can anyone help me in this?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this is illeagle I'm not sure...as long as its for personal use, but you can't do what you want of it. I suggest re-write the game by hand.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a way to rip the text of the game off of the cds. I personally don't know how but I may know someone who does. I don't even think it's that difficult of a process either. I don't believe it would be illegal though, kuwaizair. I don't think he plans to sell the work. But, I would of course go about adding the right copyrights and giving credit to Konami for their work, but if you wish to use it for research purposes and contribute it to a fansite or whatever, there should be no problem as long as you are not selling it and give the proper credit where it is due.

Just remember not to treat the work as if it is your own. Give the proper credit to the creators and everything will go smoothly. It is just like using information from an encyclopedia. I don't have the time to help you, but I once thought about doing the same thing. It is an extensive and time consuming process. I hope you can find someone that's willing to help you.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no full Suikoden 1 & 2 script anywhere as far as I know. Just an unfinished attempt at Gamefaqs for 1, and some random quotes and scenes for 2 scattered through various websites.

It would be great for reference, although the games are badly translated.
Ism

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not going to copywrite the game, Just whanted to write it up I think its a great story in general. and having a sourse people can look at should be great :) ,plus it doubles as a nice novel. Might appear that I'll have to write it all out manualy :( which will take awhile but Ive got a speech program that should help things run quicker. :D
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There's no full Suikoden 1 & 2 script anywhere as far as I know

Synchysi transcribed Suikoden I, it used to be hosted at The Castle. Obviously The Castle's not around anymore but through the magic of archive.org you can view the script here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: