Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dumbest Ways you have died in a video game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless_one

Leader of the dead...

6994 Potch
248 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The dumbest way I died?
Yeah..I remember..In FF7 I have obtained the Cursed ring from Ultima Weapon...
I put it on Cloud....and went to fight Emerald weapon...because I forgot to put away my materia Emerald almost killed me...he killed Red XIII and Cid but I managed to cast one last Knights of the Round Table with Cloud and look!!! Emerald Weapon is history!!! I was so happy...I healed him and went into a random battle versus a very weak enemy....Mandragora or something...with the Cursed ring equipped...
I had 60 sec. to win the battle...but I went to the bathroom and leaved the battle playing....I was in the bathroom more than 60 sec. and what I saw...Cloud died...
and I forgot to save...I had to Emerald Weapon all over again...

There is another dumb death of mine...in Suikoden 2...when the enemy army captures that dog...I don't remember his name...I somehowe manage to save him befor he died and i didn't have to go to that city to rescue him...
Of course...I forgot to save , AGAIN... After awhile I quit the game and went out...
In the evening when I came back... when Suikoden 2 was running at full speed in my Playstation I realized something...Save game...forgotten....I went crazy men...
That hard battle for saving that dog for nothing...ARGHHHHHH :evil:
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not a dog, it's a kobold, and its name is Ridley.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are kobolds, but it's pretty obvious that they are actually based on animals, (for instance a dog) since cats have also been seen.

-edit- :wink:

Last edited by Anamanaguchi on Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-reads Anamanaguchi post-

That seems REALLY off topic...

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-edit-

Knock it off. We don't tolerate insults. And read your PMs.
Breeze

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*cheerfully resurrects a relatively old topic*

Rise of Nations: ((I didn't die, but it made me quit the game))

As always, I'm ahead of the computer. I start to build the Terra Cotta Army (it automatically generates troops for you. Very nice to built an army cheap). I chose to build it close to enemy territory so I could quickly send the trained troops there.

However, I neglected to remember that the computer likes to destroy Wonders. Immediately it took advantage of the small distance and send a tiny army with two cannons after the Wonder. He already did once, so the Wonder was damaged; I had neglected to repair it. My army was slow getting to him. By the time I got there, it already had half of its health gone. So I begin attacking the cannons, while trying to have my one free citizen repair the Wonder. Needless to say, my army is soon being destroyed by his, but I keep on attacking the cannons.

Then, JUST before I can destroy the last cannon, it gets ONE last hit, and destroys the Army.

I was angry at my stupidity. I learned NEVER to build a wonder near his territory after that.

Super Smash Bros:

Captain Falcon started beating the crap out of me. But I didn't read the manual, so I didn't know you could dodge. So I just sat there and got destroyed.

I should learn to read instruction booklets, but I'm just too lazy.

Suikoden III: This may not seem dumb, but I'm ashamed.

I'm at the Sindar Ruins or something like that, and trying to get past Sarah. I keep trying to cast smaller spells, but she and her minions keep killing me, again and again. So I think it's because I don't have a good party, and replace the two who keep dying with new people. I pump them up, then head back. I go into battle. I have Mel use the Lightning Rune I gave her; I use the most powerful attack, because I feel I'll really need it to survive through out the hard battle...

She kills everyone with that one blow. Thing is, though, Mel was in my party from the beginning, with the same abilities, and the same Rune and attack. I could've just used her Rune in the beginning, and kept on going without having to run back to my castle :roll: For some reason, I didn't. Furthermore, I had complained an hour later on how hard the battle was. *sigh* I felt so stupid.

--

Now, for a mistake of my father's: Apparently he was playing World of Warcraft or some other online game and exploring the land. He found a ledge or something, so he jumped to see what was down it (or he fell; I think he willingly jumped, though).

Shame he found the edge of the world. According to him, he just kept falling and falling and falling... Until finally, he somehow managed to hit the cliff, and died.

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses?
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tomb Raider 2: On one level and at the start i jumped off a ledge didn't see that there was huge drop *Splat*

Suikoden 2: Tryed to run from the Samurai guys and it failed untill my party was mice meat. I felt really daft after that :oops:
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There I am, playing Resident Evil 4. I'm watching this cutscene and I haven't quite learned to stay on my toes yet (for those of you who are wondering, you cannot rest during a cutscene in Resident Evil 4). As Leon Kennedy, I've encountered an old "friend" turned enemy who is confronting me with a pretty nasty-looking knife. I dodge his attack the first time and watch the scene play out- all nice and well, right? Well, it's at the same time that I'm getting kind of thirsty, and I remember that I have a nice, cold can of Diet Coke right next to me. I have the choice to keep watching intensely or pop the tab and enjoy the scene. You know what I did. Well, no sooner have I taken a sip than the "PRESS A AND B" notice flashes hard on the screen and SNIKT! Leon gets it right across the chest, Game Over.

That's also one of the few times I've ever done a spit-take over a video game. Thank God RE4 lets you restart from like five seconds before you bought it in that game. :lol:

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Internet players know of this scenario. You ever try to get a team together in a game and strategize a really good plan? But then one person goes ballistic and charges into the fray killing the strategy. Of course the team has to save him, so they charge in to get him out. We all know what happens, the entire team dies. I've been a victim of this numerous times. Counterstrike, other first person shooters, World of Warcraft, you name it; there's one for every team in every game.

What not to do in a team game. LEEEROOOOY!

This is staged, but it does give a good example of that kind of scenario. Warning: clip (and home site) includes language present in situations where some idiot ruins the team game. Enjoy.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

That's also one of the few times I've ever done a spit-take over a video game. Thank God RE4 lets you restart from like five seconds before you bought it in that game.

I actually reloaded each time I did that phase, so I had to walk my place there from the last typewriter, that is why I had 13 loses first time around and none in the rest of the play troughs.

But after the first cut-scene I was prepared and didn't leave the Wave Bird and later Chainsaw down, I noticed that when I played other games later on I though that something was going to jump out of me during cut scenes.

Quote:

Internet players know of this scenario. You ever try to get a team together in a game and strategize a really good plan? But then one person goes ballistic and charges into the fray killing the strategy. Of course the team has to save him, so they charge in to get him out. We all know what happens, the entire team dies. I've been a victim of this numerous times. Counterstrike, other first person shooters, World of Warcraft, you name it; there's one for every team in every game.

I wish there was one, usually there's more, since most people I have been with think that they are playing Quake death matches when in Counter Strike or Halo 2 Team Skirmish, I mean what's up with that, not to mention the quitting ratio in Team Skirmish, I mean if all those people want to do is rip each other's guts out they should go play Team Slayer and Head On or another game, I lost many times for their trigger happy playing.
Cirus

Heavenly Beings

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only one I can think of is in Halo when I was in the back of a warthog, we arrived to the battle scene I jumped out gun a blazing and got run over byt my partner lol
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets see, where to start:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII: Rapidly pressing X to get through the crappy diologue that clutters up every stage of development, when suddenly I chose to do something that I didn't intend. After being warlord for near 25 years I chose to participate in a coup against the Emporer who'd just united all of china. Then, to my terrible dismay, the coup failed and I was executed along with my accomplicies.

If only I had intended to try a coup, I would not have become so aggitated and hostile. Then again, I am always aggitated and hostile.

Final Fantasy VII: Try fighting the Midgar Zolom 100+ times at level 14 just to get Beta before you get across the swamp. Afterwards, I want you to come visit me and let me see just how much hair you DIDN'T pull out of your head.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Attack your main character with a Knight that has the two swords ability in the back on accident, then come to the realization that you have only one person with the item ability who's on the other side of the map. Make it to your main characters corpse right before he turns into a crystal only to find that you didn't even have a Pheonix Down anyway....F***!

Prince of Persia: Jump off a cliff and then waste your only three sand bottles backing up to just before you fell because the button in greasy...oops, and I die again.

Halo 2: Now this one isn't me, however on behalf of whoever I did this to I'm posting about it. Me and my roomate were on the same team, he was in a warthog and I was in a Ghost flying around Coagulation. Team Slayer of course, because it PWNS all! Anyway, I run over a player from the opposite team, then cut a 180, my roomate is about to hit an awesome jump in the warthog so I decide I'm going to try to ram him in mid air to see if I can make him flip. Full speed ahead, then I realize that I timed it wrong, now the Ghost is underneath the warthog on it's decent, but I do not die, instead the warthog bounces off of my Ghost and ends up splattering the same guy I killed just as he respawned.

Quote:
It's not a dog, it's a kobold, and its name is Ridley.

n00b got told!

Julious Cezar
Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy X-2: Okay, it wasn't my fault exactly. I was playing around in the Calm Lands, around the area where you have to jump down to get to, and then jump again to get off. Well, I was bored and running along the wall there, when I got into a battle. I defeated the monster, and then I suddenly found myself phasing through the wall.

"What's on the other side of that wall?" you may ask. Well, I'll tell you. Nothing but a short path with blue all around it. Just... blue. And do you think you can get back after phasing through a wall? Think again, buddy. You have to reset and start from where you last saved. In my case... it had been a while.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has always been a bat, or foregeting to take care of my guys, or ill equpting them. I died pathidicly in La Pucelle tactics recently...I think by Bat maybe.

then there are the classic "bottomless pits" really, thanks.
Or flying crushing tings, like In ecco the dolphin. some levels have crushing things.

being in undead status and casting cure on the party when everyone is...zombi fyed. OOOPS Hello Stupid...

If its not bats, cute monsters like rabbits, like those rabbites from the Mana Games.

Seraphym wrote:
where you have to jump down to get to, and then jump again to get off. Well, I was bored and running along the wall there, when I got into a battle. I defeated the monster, and then I suddenly found myself phasing through the wall.
"What's on the other side of that wall?" you may ask. Well, I'll tell you. Nothing but a short path with blue all around it. Just... blue. And do you think you can get back after phasing through a wall? Think again, buddy. You have to reset and start from where you last saved. In my case... it had been a while.

Ecco the dolphin: Defender of The Future has a lot of glitches like that. its amazing how many there are.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aimless

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater - I was hanging off the rope bridge at that area before you rescue the Russian scientist... and pressed the button to let go. I developed a phobia for alligators because I never realized that they couldn't get you while you're underwater. I got stamina-killed by The End... on Easy difficulty. I kept redoing the Sorrow's boss fight because I kept dying at the end. I used a Fake Death Pill while up a tree (because the soldiers could see me). And you know that place where there's a small tree hanging over a gorge which you can walk on? I decided it would be fun to do a balancing act and overdid it. I got sucked under by quicksand a bunch of times, and once I even died because I accidentally crouched while I was in the muck. I was planning to crouch while on the rope bridge, but did the tackle move instead, and rolled right off it. I followed the corpse more than once when I was trying to drop a body off a cliff. I got stamina-killed by leeches. I got killed walking into an electrified fence. Oh, yeah, just for fun, I shot Ocelot in the head while he was stunned.

Suikoden 4 - As soon as I got the big ship I went on a world tour! Got completely wiped out by one of those sea dragons. And then I fought that kraken monster with not a single ranged attacker in any of my three parties. It was a slow and painful death...

FF7 - Cait Sith limit breaks. I decide to use slots. He comes up with that slot that kills your whole party. My last save was four hours ago. Joy.

Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty - The Colonel goes crazy and tells me to turn the console off, it's just a game like always. So I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: