Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what web browser do you use
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What browser do you use?
Internet Explorer
46%
 46%  [ 20 ]
Mozilla (including firefox)
37%
 37%  [ 16 ]
Netscape
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Opera
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

Tarik

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I use Windows XP, I choose the latest version of Internet Explorer--I always have great fondness for all Microsoft products. Beside, IE is easy to use.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use IE, unfortunately. I'm always running into problems with spyware. And I find tons of websites not compatible with it... blarg. I should re-install Netscape, so I don't keep getting these problems.... :(

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't like Internet Explorer, but that's to be expected since I'm not a Microsoft fan to begin with. I don't know whether it's IE, the fact that my operating system is Windows 98 SE, or IE just doesn't like me either, but the thing just won't work properly on a consistent basis.

I never use IE when viewing these forums, for that I use Netscape exclusively and have never experienced any problems. I dumped IE as soon as the "no post mode" errors prevented me from posting anything and then refused to let me log back in. IE will also, from time to time, refuse to load selected graphics on a site, leaving a maze of broken images all over the place.

I'm actually not surprised that IE is used by the majority of internet users, considering Microsoft forces it on Windows users by integrating it into the operating system, which is probably one of the main reasons they are so susceptible to attack by viruses and hackers.

Sophita, Netscape 7 has the option of tabbed windows as long as you let it view the tab bar, and I've really liked the result that it doesn't clog up the task bar. As much as I dislike IE, I find myself continuing to use it for stuff that a competent browser isn't really necessary, though I'm sure once I organize my IE bookmarks and convert them into Netscape, I'll end up using IE a lot less.

Edit: Darn! I just noticed the poll question was "Which browser do you use" and not necessarily which one you were tired of. I voted for IE since it is the one I'm tired of, whereas I would have voted for Netscape as the one I use.

D'oh!

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Skye Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I decided to change to Mozilla since Internet Explorer had too many problems. It also had a lot of pop-ups which everyone hates.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc, I love Netscape. I'd use it but like Firefox it just takes up too much memory. Everything slows to a crawl when I load it, and that's not very comfortable at all. I always use it at school though because of the tabbed windows (LOVE) and the fact the password remembering feature isn't auto-on in netcape. Back in the day (4.5 or so?) Netscape was my #1 browser.

Skye Dragon, IE doesn't cause the pop-ups.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be a vehement Lynx BELIEVER back in the days, but once I saw my personal homepage on a graphics enabled browser back in 1996, I thought, "damn, my webpage looks like a kangaroo's scrotum!" So then I started using evil IE and it leads me to today.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Firefox 0.9.2, and I swear by it. There are a few things I still have to use IE for, but they're not numerous. Firefox does everything IE does, but does them many time better. Plus, extensions are the single greatest thing to ever happen to internet browsers. The built-in pop up blocker is great too.

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita, I too have noticed Netscape loads a bit slower than IE does. It's not too bad at this point, though my computer could use an upgrade. When I first came online in 98, my ISP supported Netscape so it was the browser I was introduced to. My next ISP supported Internet Explorer.

When I used to hang out at the old GamePro chat room, I learned some... colourful names for both Netscape and IE, none of which are suitable to be repeated here, but I pretty much use the IE nickname on a consistent basis.

A contact introduced me to MyIE a while back, and it wasn't bad. Better than IE itself, and it used tabbed windows much the same as Netscape 7 does now, but it was somehow deleted from my computer, probably during one of the random "Windows Updates" which sometimes accost you when you start up IE.

It doesn't take much to get me started on an anti-Microsoft tirade, so I think I'll shut up now before I say something really nasty.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to use IE, but a friend recommended Firefox to me, so I am using it now.
I had no problems with IE, but there are a few chatrooms which I used to visit which didn't work in Firefox.
Also, Firefox seems to freeze more often than IE for me, but I like the tab option and the extensions, so I'm keeping Firefox.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... to tell the you truth I only use IE because I don't really know how to use any other browser or to be accurate don't know how to change my browser from IE to any other one. Therefore, I wouldn't know what are the differences between all of them but from my minimal knowledge of the IE I would agree that it has some flaws in it but it isn't that much either.

In the past, I used to face some problems browsing this site (no post mood specified or not authorized to view this page error) but now it doesn't even appear to me, maybe it is just because I changed my window from the XP to the XP Professional but it is unlikely because of that.

I also wouldn't deny that I am having some problems like the Gateway Error thing or the Critical Error thing but it rarely appear to me (maybe every two days which is not a big deal considering that it was a lot worse in the past).

Anyway, that is everything I can tell you about my experience with the IE browser. :)

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use IE and I can honestly say that I has NEVER been a serious issue for me. <_< Sites have never looked weird, images have never looked weird.

Actually I really dislike Netscape because everything DOES look wierd in my computer with it. >_<

Remember, all computers are different in some way and so web browsers will also look and act differently from computer to computer. Take mine and my mother's computers fore example. We both bought the same one, but I choose to do as little tinkering with it as possible while my mother completely changed most things. IE works fine on my computer while Netscape and others don't. The opposite os for my mom. IE is crud on her computer. >_<

A few IE problems I've had in the past I discovered were actually due to the SERVERS of the website itself.

Despite some of the obvious flaws that STILL haven't been a problem at all for me, I'm happy with IE and no amount of persuasion will make me convert to something "better". =/
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

until one day, a virus....

All the way to the edge of this world
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, not even a virus. <_< Because that's already happened before. And that was my own fault and not the browser's.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's more like 80% of users use IE. And the problem isn't with html, it's most definately the rendering engine used by IE. I remember microsoft admitting that IE doesn't meet up with the html standards. There's something bad about practically every browser, but I find Firefox the best. IE holds back the web with it's horrible rendering and activeX problem, Netscape also has horrible rendering, Firefox still is in development therefore has a few bugs that need to be worked out. Oh, yeah, someone said that IE doesn't have pop-up blocking, it does with XP SP 2, but for people using 98 and other versions MS kinda left you guys out.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Internet Explorer, and i find it the best since I have not use any other browser :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: