Suikoden Unique and Informational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [spoilers here]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some more random thoughts here:

Anakin had fear inside of him his entire life, and even though Obi-wan trained him to become a Jedi he was never able to teach him to let go of his fear. So it's really Obi-wan's fault for not addressing Anakin's mental/emotional side early on, and it's no wonder why the Council never trusted him throughout the prequels.

One thing I think is important to make a note of is that both Anakin and Luke are very compassionate and emotional people. The only difference is Anakin was never able to let go of his fear of death and losing those he loved, and it made him easy to manipulate by the Chancellor. Luke, on the other hand, was able to let go of all his fear and anger, and it was only until Darth Vader mentioned his sister that he found himself in danger of turning to the Dark Side. But even then he checked himself at the last moment and came back to the side of good. Anakin's love of Padme created an attachment that he was unable to break free from, whereas Luke's love of his friends was more general, and he was able to keep his fear of losing them in check (for the most part--when he leaves Dagobah in Empire because of his vision, he is very close to becoming betrayed by his emotions).

And Luke is a true Jedi in the fact that he doesn't hide from his emotions but uses them in a positive way, something the old Jedis in the prequels were too scared to do. They thought it was important to remain unattached at all times, but Luke was very much attached to his friends and to his father. And because the Sith evolved while the Jedi became stale, Palpatine was able to take over. The Jedi had to evolve, and that is shown in the kind of Jedi Luke became. The only way to defeat the Empire was to use love (as corny as it sounds) and reach out to what was left of his father.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thinking about it again, I quite liked how Anakin turned quickly to the Dark Side.

He already accepted he'd have to walk dark paths if he was to save Padme (I found it quite interesting that it was because he turned to the dark side in order to save Padme, that actually caused her to die) and I think that moment by the window where you see a tear fall over Anakin's face, he's battling all the emotions internally. At that moment, he's on the edge. When he slices Mace Windu's hand, I think that's the moment he crosses the line and accepts he, generally, isn't suited for the Jedi life.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry I know this is an old topic but I've been away awhile so cut me some slack :D .Back to the topic I was alittle dissapointed after watching Episode 3. The acting and and chezzy dialouge were the things I had the biggest problem with. The scenes between Padme and Anakin werent very good at all, it was just all around bad. I was actually suprised at how bad it was beacause how well George Lucas handled the romance between Han and Leia in the orginal triology, I thought he would be able to pull this off but I guess I was wrong :( . Then there is Mr. Obi Wan, didnt like the whole dashing hero thing they had going for him it was pretty lame. All the chezzy action movie lines and constant smirking was annoying. Also when Obi Wan tells Padme that Anakin killed "younglings" I almost died laughing, the bad acting and the use of "younglings" it was just too much.Anakins black robes was like a big slap in the face, it was if Lucas thought we were all too stupid to realize that anakin would become Vader so he put him in the typical bad color.Oh look its chewbacca he has no real role in the movie but yoda knows him huzzah. There was some other stuff I didnt like about the movie but I dont remember right now.

Ok now to the things I did like about the movie. I like that they got Anakins ass into a gym. Darth Vader was a big dude it if he would have came into this movie as the same little twiggy boy it would have made things worse. The action sequences were done pretty well(although Doku's 2 sec death was alittle lame) the saber battles were cool as were the fights between the clones and droids. The way Anakin was lead to the dark side by Palpatine was nicely done. Trying to save the only thing in the world that matters to you would make alot of people do things that they normaly wouldn't do.

To sum things up i would give the movie a 6/10. It had the chance to be something really great but it was ruined by bad acting and dialouge.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, first off, why does everyone keep making fun of "younglings?" Where the hell were all of you three years ago? It doesn't mean child, it's the rank of a young Jedi who is not yet ready to take on a Padawan / Master relationship. They're taught in classes, rather than by one on one. We heard this term back in Episode II. Enough with the mocking it. You're three years too late.

There was nothing in Lucas thinking we're too stupid to realize Anakin was evil when he cloaked him in black. That's just a lame jab. Uh, hi there, he was all in black, far more unrelieved, in the original trilogy; something tells me you're not making fun of it there. Would you prefer a yellow Vader, perhaps? Or pink, or powder blue? Come on.

Yes, his dialog sucks. He himself has admitted this. At a recent award, he called himself the king of wooden dialog. As for Han and Leia, he wasn't directing those movies. Unfortunately a lot of politics in film making kept him from being able to use the same people as back then. So he did it himself. And he sucks at it. I'll agree with you there. But I am a bit astonished that you expected better. Look at Episode II. This was golden compared to the dialog from that movie.

I will also agree with you on Chewbacca's role. I was disappointed that he was there at all, when he was utterly unnecessary. It's one of the problems I had with the movie.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know - I quite liked Chewbacca's role. He was a first hand witness to the betrayal of the Emporer and the Empire itself. In the original trilogy he was "the hairy guy who fought with Han", but it makes a little more logic now that he'd rather team up with a person who it outside of the Empire.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't know about you, fliktor, but i was hoping to find some reference at least to Solo in Episode III. It would have been nice to see a Solo and a Wookie in one scene, since i tend to see Hand and Chewwie as close as two peas in a pod. Well, then again, some of you may not agree with this, but hey: One man's poison is another man's bacon.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Han would only have been very young in Episode III, and having him there would've been of little point.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Grassland Cavalry

Grassland Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: this movie rocks Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright I was at the preview of the movie oon opening night. I was tired but when the movie finally came on i was wide awake, I am a big star wars fan and i was expecting a great movie. Thats what i got a terrific movie. I think anakins transition from a jedi to a sith was cool, but it made me upset that Anakin had just let Darth Sidius get away form Mace- windu i couldnt belive it.
The battle scenes in it were more than i thought it was going to be. The battle between Obi-wan and Anakin was so cool, the thing i didn't know is that vader got burned. I always thought it was from getting cut by a lightsaber,but iliked how he got burned. In the end Anakin got screwed over by Sidius he nver learned how to stop people from dieing. But i agree this movie was very good.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured I'd give this topic the ole kick in the pants to let everyone know that the release date for the DVD has been announced for November 1st!

You can find the article here.

I'm still unsure if I will buy it or not, because knowing how money-hungry Lucas is there's bound to be a box set down the road. So it's just a matter of "should I get the Episode I-III box set that will likely come out next year or should I buy the definitive Episode I-VI box set that will probably come out farther down the road?" for me. But at least this DVD release means that the movie store I work at should be getting busy again since there's been a lot of garbage coming out this summer.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the other Star Wars thread, I posted a link to a possible Box Set release (not sure if it's confirmed yet though and may just be rumoured) about a 6 film box set.

It's not unlikely to happen in the future, so, like you, I'll probably wait for the box set, but rent it to watch it again ^_^

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that is certainly a good thing to know that it will be out on video on Novermber 1st, namely because my parents want to see it and dont care for movie theatres. I seriously doubt I would be interested in buying it, by itself or the box set for that matter, because I rarely if ever buy any movies. It tends to take away from the money I could use to buy some video games or things of that nature which I could play more often than I would watch any one movie.

Did anyone seriously think with his, steadfastness on sticking to the timeline, and such that george Lucas would bring in Han Solo to the movie? Considering that he would be a small child at best during the film, it would have been essentially just sticking some kid in there with the name Han Solo. Meaningless, and people would just be complaining about it later anyway, so it's very likely to be a good thing they didnt.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. Having Han there is a pointless connection. It's not even realistic whatsoever to bring Han Solo into Episode III.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: