Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WWE Great American Bash 2005

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: WWE Great American Bash 2005 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonight, the WWE will present its second annual edition of the Great American Bash which, as most wrestling fans will probably know, began as an NWA/WCW event in July 1985 just months after the first WrestleMania.

Great American Bash 2005
Buffalo, NY

blue World order vs. The Mexicools

I don't know much about the genesis of this match, other than the bWo getting tired of the Mexicools interrupting matches on SmackDown! Since it's unclear whether or not the bWo will stick around (the Blue Meanie isn't even listed on the SmackDown! roster) I'm gonna have to go with the Mexicools on this one.

Christian vs. Booker T

An old rivalry, dating back to the reinstatement of the Intercontinental championship. There's not a whole lot to go on, since Christian only recently joined the SmackDown! roster during the draft lottery, it's tough call. I'm gonna go out on a limb and choose Chistian here.

WWE Tag Team Championship
MNM (Champions) vs. Road Warrior Animal & Heidenreich

Since I missed the episode of SmackDown! where Animal made his return, all I've got to go on for backstory is Heidenreich's recent "disaster piece." Considering MNM made some sort of disparaging comments regarding Hawk, I can see Animal and Heidenreich winning this one, but chances are it could be on a count-out or disqualification (usual heel tactics) thus keeping the titles with MNM.

Bra and Panties Match
Melina vs. Torrie Wilson

Sex appeal and a gimmick match. I don't really see Melina losing her first pay-per-view match, so she's my choice. (it doesn't hurt she's also got Mercury and Nitro for potential backup)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

We all know the story by now, Eddie Guerrero just cannot seem to beat Rey Mysterio in a match, but it begs the question... if Rey is better than Eddie, why wasn't he WWE champion? I mean, when Eddie was the champion he was getting victories over people like Kurt Angle and JBL so, if Rey is better than Eddie, he shouldn't have any problems either, right?

That's logical thinking, which doesn't exactly apply in the world of professional wrestling.

So, now we have psycho Eddie (a good persona for him, actually) threatening to reveal a secret to Rey's son if he wins, while promising to keep the secret if he loses. Come on! Does anybody really believe Eddie is going to keep the secret if he loses against Rey? One way or another, Eddie's going to tell his "bedtime story" and it's going to be a letdown considering the amount of buildup it has received.

I feel Eddie is finally going to get a win tonight, since it gets really boring really fast to see the same match, with the same result over and over again.

#1 Contenders Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Muhammad Hassan vs. The Undertaker

Due to the recent development concerning Hassan and his unknown future within the company, the signs are pointing to an Undertaker victory. There have also been rumours that the Undertaker will be retiring soon, so giving him a final run on top could be in the cards.

WWE United States Championship
Orlando Jordan (Champion) vs. Chris Benoit

Barring any outside interference, it's Chris Benoit hands down. Having earned the shot against Jordan by defeating another former US champion in Booker T, Benoit has the momentum going into the match due to his count-out victory over Eddie Guerrero this past week.

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (Champion) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Last year, at the Great American Bash, Bradshaw won the WWE championship from Eddie Guerrero, now he hopes lightning will strike twice and he will win the World Heavyweight championship from Batista.

I don't think so.

Truth be told, Bradshaw should be the SmackDown! champion, if not for the bait-and-switch during the final SmackDown! of the draft lottery. (who else feels that the belt in the bag was just the real WWE championship belt?) But he's got to face Batista in a one-on-one match, without any of the loopholes of a Texas Bullrope match.

If anyone is going to take the title away from Batista in the near future, I would have to say it would be the Undertaker. So, my pick is for Batista to retain.

Unless somebody beats me to it, I'll post the results tonight following the pay-per-view.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great American Bash 2005 Result

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Referee: Nick Patrick
Heidenreich and Animal vs. MNM (c)
Winner: Heidenreich and Animal via pinfall

Referee: Brian Hebner
Christian vs. Booker T
Winner: Booker T via pinfall

United States Championship Match
Referee: Jim Korderas
Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan (c)
Winner: Orlando Jordan via pinfall

Number One Contenders Match
Referee: Brian Hebner
Winner: The Undertaker via pinfall

Six Man Tag Team Match
Referee: Jim Korderas
Mexicool vs. The Blue World Order
Winner: Mexicool via pinfall

Secrets Match
Referee: Charles Robinson
Winner: Rey Mysterio via pinfall

Bra and Panties Match
Special Guest Referee: Candice Michelle
Torrie Wilson vs. Melina
Winner: Melina via .. well you know

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Referee: Nick Patrick
John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Batista (c)
Winner: JBL via DQ ... Batista still World Heavyweight Champion

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn! You beat me to it, Black Pesmerga! I guess there's no point in providing match results now, so I'll just see how I fared with my predictions for the event.

WWE Tag Team Championship
MNM (Champions) vs. Road Warrior Animal & Heidenreich
My prediction: Road Warrior Animal & Heidenreich (1-0)

Christian vs. Booker T
My prediction: Christian (1-1)

WWE United States Championship
Orlando Jordan (Champion) vs. Chris Benoit
My prediction: Chris Benoit (1-2)

#1 Contenders Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
My prediction: Undertaker (2-2)

blue World order vs. The Mexicools
My prediction: Mexicools (3-2)

My prediction: Eddie Guerrero (3-3)

Bra and Panties Match
Melina vs. Torrie Wilson
My prediction: Melina (4-3)

(What the hell? This was higher on the card than Eddie vs. Rey?)

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (Champion) vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
My prediction: Batista (4-4)

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Melina vs Torrie Wilson match isn't higher than Eddie vs Rey. The gimmick match served as a breather for the audience so they had time to rest before the main event.

I really wonder why Christian lost against Booker T. I mean, I like both men, but we all know that WWE isn't going to push Booker T. So what's the point of giving him the victory over Christian (who was supposed to be getting more and more popular)?

The DQ finish at the main event also bothered me because I really don't know what WWE wanted to do with the Batista-JBL feud. In a sense, they want Batista to keep the title, but yet, I feel that JBL wouldn't be the right man to beat Batista if the title were to change hands. So even if these two have a long feud coming, then it'd end up with JBL losing all the time (or winning but via DQ or something that would prevent him to get the title).

The rumor that Undertaker would be given one last run might make sense since he's a face, and JBL would be the perfect victim as he's the top heel on Smackdown! but at the same time, JBL would only suffer if he serves just as a filler champion like that.

Last but not least, MNM losing their match and title plus Melina losing her match. Not a good way to build up credibility to the whole stable. They need to get credibility. Animal just came back last week, and suddenly he's the new tag team champion with Heidenreich. I don't like it.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Melina actually won her match, but I'm thinking the whole thing with Animal and Heidenreich winning the tag titles is mainly for Animal to honour Hawk as he dedicated the match to him. But, if that's really the case and MNM are just going to get the titles back in short order, it really devalues the worth of the tag titles which are already practically worthless with no real teams, aside from the bWo and the Mexicools but they are both three-person groups.

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only real tag team on the Smackdown roster right now is MNM, so frankly they had to create a team to compete with them if only momentarily. Momentarily is obviously the case considering that Animal is getting on in age, and Heidenreich is primarily a singles wrestler. It might have been just to build a feud between the two teams more, so Smackdown could have a tag team title feud for Summerslam. Dont be surprised if they start working on the same thing for Summerslam on Raw as well. That tends to be the case with the four major pay per views I think.

The thing is, they probably wanted to give Taker another run with the title, but they didnt want to rehash a main event they already had(ie Taker vs. Layfield) just to give him the title. Thus they are making a match that people wouldnt mind seeing, namely Batista against the Undertaker for the world title. Dont be surprised if somehow Randy Orton is involved and they build towards an Undertaker vs. Randy Orton match at Survivor Series. With Orton winning the title, and holding it until Wrestlemania, or futher we have to wait and see. I mean they are waiting to build a Taker/Orton match for when Orton, who is legitimately injured again is, fully healed. I dont know though, if they will ever give him the title again because he is seemingly like injury prone.

They reall do need to bring in some more tag teams, or use some of the talent they have right now to make some tag teams. They could still also be used as singles wrestlers now, and then but really they have to weigh their options. Have absolutely no legit tag team division on either show, or start making some tag teams to put on the show. Just a thought from my standpoint anyway.

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good lord I thought that event was abysmal. I suppose the whole thing with the Muhammed Hassan character having to go will have messed up much of the event, but I still feel the matches had a lot to be desired.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: