Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What languages do you speak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mist

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I fluently speak Arabic, English, and Indian. I also can understand a little French.
I hope to learn German, and Japanese.
Fayt

Blades at Dawn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak Japanese, Spanish, and trying to improve my English as I write this ;P
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English and broken Polish. Can't read/write in Polish though. :) Understand it perfectly, however.

Although I was quite good in Spanish during the three years I took it in High School I seriously doubt I could count it. My teachers were... bad, to put it nicely. Most of the time I had to study by myself since they barely taught anything (mostly talked about their lives or family, etc) and expected us to know the material from the units we were supposed to go over. :) I also took what I consider a year of Italian (6&8 grade) although I probably forgot most of what I learned (Mi piace cucinare)

I'm hoping to learn both German and Japanese. :D I'm actually taking German this upcoming semester in college and already practice a little with a grammar book and Pimsleur CDs. Japanese I'm going to try fitting into my college schedule sometime. I know a very little bit of Japanese - mainly how to read kana and recognition of about 50 kanji/"kanji combos."

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can speak some Malay and that's about it. And English, of course.
I doubt anyone knows what Malay is...

Last edited by Skye Dragon on Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can speak english fluently. I can read more french that I can understand or write. ^^;

I also know quite of a bit of japanese. =D I can understand and write it better than I can read it though.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am only fluent in English, though I did fairly good in French during school, but ever since then I've forgotten practically all I learned since French isn't spoken where I live.

Other than French, I know some words in German, Spanish and bits of Japanese I've been able to pick up from watching subbed versions of anime. I also know a few words and phrases in Klingon, but I don't think that counts. :wink:

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am speaking English.....and can write English.....da best ba.
Tarik

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I am an international student from Germany, I of course speak German extremely fluently. I am sort of like my parents, who are interested in and speak many languages. Beside German, my parents usually use French, Svenska, Esperanto, Spanish, Italian to communicate with me (my father is originally from Roma, my mother from Stockholm). I often read books in all the languages so that to improve my language skills. And amongst those languages, I am interested only in French, since it is so romantique.

Ah, I am learning English at George Mason High School level IBH A1. Though a polyglot, my weakest language is English; what a nightmare to learn all of its complex tenses and intense vocabulary in an IB level :( . However, learning English can be fun because I can communicate and exchange ideas with people in English (the language is so much more popular than German).

Currently, I am learning Advanced Latin (still IB level). Its grammar is even more complicated than English itself :|

I hope to know more languages in the future, especially Japanese so I can play Japanese version games. I guess it will be rigorous to learn the language myself :!:
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey HMD, how long have you been speaking/writing English? I have a friend who's been in the US for nearly 10 years now and can't write nearly as well as you can. :)

Hehe at least German seems to be more popular a language than Polish. :wink: And because of the lack of popularity I'll pretend that's why my Polish is still broken at best.

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

>> I did fairly good in French during school, but ever since then I've forgotten practically all I learned since French isn't spoken where I live.

Hehe that's exactly how I was. I got like..80s and 90s in all my French classes but over ONE summer I forgot like..90% of all of it! XD My mom was the same way. <_< I guess it's her fault. lol
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my mom's german and my dad is afro american...so i speak perfect german and english (i also live in germany right now)

@HMD du bist ein student wo studierst du denn? hier in deutschland? :)

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Hey HMD, how long have you been speaking/writing English? I have a friend who's been in the US for nearly 10 years now and can't write nearly as well as you can.

Not for that long time have I been studying the language English, since approximately two years ago when vater and mutter told me that they will send me to US for learning. At that time I was just 12 years old, and they force me to study quickly the language, that is really annoying. Imagine that you have to read and learn an english text-book in just a few weeks and write two essays everyday, according to my British teacher's will. However, I am even now not confident in my english much, and I am afraid that I may be making some grammar errors now! What a nightmare two years ago! Anyway, thanks go to vater and mutter. :mrgreen:

Quote:

Hehe at least German seems to be more popular a language than Polish. And because of the lack of popularity I'll pretend that's why my Polish is still broken at best.

I know a little bit, very little bit, of the language. I know no more thing other than dziekuje and pozegnanie due to one time eating at a Polish restaurant. Polish is kind of diffcult to write, but easy to speak, according to my opinion.

Quote:

@HMD du bist ein student wo studierst du denn? hier in deutschland?

Nein bin ich nicht. Ich bin ursprünglich von Deutschland, aber studiere in Vereinigten Staaten. Ich liebe es hier in Amerika. Alles ist so nett. Das einzige Ding ist sprechen nicht viele Leute Deutsch hier. Kann ich kann sprechen Deutsch mit Ihnen sein?
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two years isn't that long in my opinion. As I've already said, I know someone who's been here for nearly ten years (since she was 7) and your writing is a lot better than hers. :) Keep it up!

Haha, Polish writing... haha, I don't even want to think about that anymore. God knows how many times I've taken a Polish newspaper in attempts to learn how to read at a moderate pace in that language. But to write? Oh no, I just don't see it happening anytime soon for me. :lol: Maybe I'll sharpen my Polish when I'm a little older but during my college years I'd like to concentrate on German and possibly Japanese.

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Maybe I'll sharpen my Polish when I'm a little older but during my college years I'd like to concentrate on German and possibly Japanese.

Brilliant! You should study German with all efforts. To tell you the truth, my language is as complicated as French itself :mrgreen:

Ich hoffe, daß Deutsch populär in Zukunft sein wird.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha well I like the language so I'll study as hard as I can. :wink: My first day of German class starts on the 30th of this month in fact. :) I'm quite excited.

My friends actually bought me a huge German dictionary as a going away present since one of my friend's remembered I wanted to get it while at the book store (except I didn't buy it since it was pricey and I didn't have the money for it at the time). Very nice going away present. :)

I'm also thinking of studying abroad, in Germany, during either the summer of 2006 or 2007 since I know it's quite impossible to learn a language without putting it into practice. Case in point, high school Spanish lessons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: