Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Piccolo not trained by Crowley?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, that's basicly what I picked up through five minutes of research. Can you fill me in on the story since I had never heard of Aleister Crowley until recently.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just plug his name into google and you will find more info about him than you'd ever wish. Mathers is less known, but there should be info out there on the internet.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, I'm confused. What's Warlock's timeline in association to the 1st Crowley (if there are indeed two) and did Konami reveal any information about Crowley at all after the released of Suikoden IV?

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Without looking up the timeline, Crowley was 112 in Suikoden 1. Five years before the reincarnation was the famous duel. That's 117 years back, Suikoden 4 is 150 years back.

Well, considering when Piccolo and Estelle talked about being students of Crowley, they didn't do so in the past tense leads you to believe that Suikoden 1's Crowley was still alive and kicking at 130 years old(suikoden years?), well maybe not kicking. Believing that both Crowleys are the same person reincarnated, Worlock is one of the most powerful mages in the game, comparable to any of Crowley's pupils*.

Assuming age has anything to do with magic power, then 1stCrowley and 1stMazus would have had the duel towards the end of their life. If all these factors are true then it was definately possible that 1stCrowley and Worlock were alive at the same time and Crowley was still older than Warlock.

*Mazus and aledged pupils Piccolo and Estelle.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In all of Crowley and Mazus' endless combinations of runes, it appears, if Crowley and Mazus are still indeed the same people they were in that famous duel, they have found some combination to master death. Not only from your body being destroyed by outside sources, but also by old age. After all, Crowley's goal is to make a rune as powerful as a true rune without being a true rune, right? So, granted a true rune makes a man/woman immortal, wouldn't it have been of the utmost importance for Crowley to research it?

Secondly, Warlock came up with Rune cannons, or at least contributed very heavily to their invention. The idea of rune cannons seems similar to Crowley's aim and what he studies. I'd say it's possible, I would even say, quite likely that Crowley and Warlock had some sort of interaction wherein one taught the other something vastly important. Then again, as SARS pointed out, everyone and their cousin knows Crowley. As I have pointed out in a prior topic on a different forum, I hope they explain Crowley's relevence to Rune Cannons (if any) in Rhapsodia.

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is said theorised in the first old book that the material needed for rune cannons was summoned from another world by a wizard with extraordinary summoning skills. Coincidentaly strange creatures appeared and started to attack ships at this time. It doesn't say if the attacks were limited to only the Middleport Fleet who used rune cannons. These are very advanced and complex spells and might not be something that you can teach yourself, this is where it is possible that Crowley played a part.

Not sure about how old the old book is but it does say that fifteen years prior to the Island Nations/Kooluk war, rune cannons are invented. I think around this time the prologue of Rhapsodia takes place. The rest of the story takes place after Suikoden 4, I believe. I would also like to see if Rhapsodia answers some questions from Suikoden 4.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may be complex magic, but it may not be. We simply do not know. When you look at Warlock's workship, you see numerous alchemical appliances. It almost looks like an alchemist's laboratory as drawn in renaissance manuscripts. Crowley and Mazus had no relation to alchemy; they were two mages completely devoted to runes. They would not be interested in creating weapons that can be used by non-mages that have magical effects (such as rune cannons).

If great knowledge in summoning monsters is what is needed, Windy or Leknaat would be a better choice. In fact, Windy has also delved into Sindar alchemy so that she can attach two true runes on her body at once. Windy is also the most powerful summoner known to us in the Suikoden world (perhaps the most powerful sorcerer period due to her true rune), and it would be within her character to help create an abominable weapon by enslaving beings from other dimensions.

Neclord and Yuber are also fairly good at summoning; Yuber also loves to spread chaos--he would be overjoyed to help create such a weapon. It is just as possible for Warlock to have learned how to "call" Yuber and solicit his assistance. Neclord is unlikely, although he may have the capability for that sort of magic, because his virtues lie elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: