Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A question about Luca....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. The most probable person that Luca's refer is his father. You know he really hate his father very much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where do you get all of this 'offical Konami' statements from?

Is there some kind of website where you can check on these things or maybe pose your own questions to Konami?

If you could let me know that would be very cool!

Cheers
Azn Shado99

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I thought he was talking about Han aswell.
Rhayader

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i maked a question to konami itself, but without an answer.
so i dont know...
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it was Kiba. Han was mentioned later in the game. At the earily parts of the game (Begining to Getting your Castle), we only know that there's two people alive thats old in Highland. I think. Its been a long time since I've played the game.

Kiba's one, mainly due to the fact that he was at the battle for the Mercanary Fort.

Han was mentioned by some of the stories about him and Genaku. But all that I can remember is that they said that Genaku had died, but nothing about Han Cuttingham. At that point in the game, no one knew that he was dead or alive. Unless you've played the game multiple times.

Agaris, Luca basicly hated his dad with a passion. At least thats what I took it as. This lead to Luca's thirst for the throne. Mainly because he thought Agaris wasn't up to the task of leading Highland. Expecially after what happened with Luca's mother. With Cuttingham saving Luca and Sarah from the Muse hired goons, I doubt it was Cuttingham. Luca couldn't wait any longer for the throne. Thats why he used Jowy to get Agaris dead with the poison.

Let me put it this way....

Luca had the Highland Army under his control...
I don't think it was Kiba, mainly since the only Tactition (sp?), that we know of before Leon was Kiba's son, Klasus. So I'm guessing thats one reason why it couldn't be Kiba...
Cuttingham saved Luca and his mother, that's got to vouch points. Even for someone that was like Luca...
Quite frankly I think its Agaris, I think Luca was getting tired of the war and his wait for the throne. He must have thought (game tense) that Agaris wasn't fit to rule a winning country like Highland. He wanted the war to end soon for Highland and he must've thought he was the one to do so. To kind of back this statement up, he did have reinforcements from Harmonia lead by Sasari. (And his weird hat)

There for I think it was Agaris he was talking about....at least this is my honest oppion.

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mean to nitpick, Mystic, but Han's last name is CuNNingham, not CuTTingham, and it's Agares Blight, not Agaris.

With that said, I always thought it was Agares Luca was talking about. Not so much physical confrontation as verbal. The theories have pretty much been stated by everyone else. *is lazy*

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit149 wrote:
I don't mean to nitpick, Mystic, but Han's last name is CuNNingham, not CuTTingham, and it's Agares Blight, not Agaris.

With that said, I always thought it was Agares Luca was talking about. Not so much physical confrontation as verbal. The theories have pretty much been stated by everyone else. *is lazy*

Its ok, I get it all the time. I'm not good at spelling. But I try to get close to the actual word. :oops:

I think it was verbal too. But then again if it was physical, Luca could've most likely have taken Agares down with ease. At least that is in my oppion. But then again if he did that the guards would've probly cought him. Unless it was was in a small room, like the room where Jowy became a member of the Highlanders, i.e, where Agares died in the game.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Luca did something like kill Agares shortly before the Unicorn Brigade massacre, there's no way in hell he would've been able to become Highland's top General. A verbal fight would make more sense, like if Agares found out Luca was going to perform the killings and figured there was nothing he could do to stop his physically stronger son, thus making Agares be all incompetent and sit in the background for 99% of the game.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know. I still think he's talking about Han. Kings don't usually engage in sword practice, especially anemic weak kings like everyone says Agares is and especially when there is so much diplomatic stuff going on. It is painfully obvious that Luca A) hates his dad and B) is a crazy psychopath. Knowing sonny boy's bloodlust, if Agares came within 100 miles of Luca with a sword in his hand he's the biggest fool alive, let alone make a regular exercise of sparring with him. And if Agares is such a wuss, why would big bad Luca waste his time fighting him? So he could kill him in a "accident?" Nah, if that was his plan he would have done it long before. And since when does Luca engage in "Verbal sparring" with anyone. Most of his debates end with "DIE PIG" and blood splattering on the wall.

As head of the Royal Guards, Han would engage in swordplay with the prince (kinda of a Gurney Halleck/Paul Atreides relationship). Luca respects Han, yes, but I doubt he would deify the man enough to refrain from calling him "old man." I can totally see Luca being ungrateful enough to disrespect Han like that. He is a crazy psychopath after all. I see Luca having nothing other than a cursory respect for anyone.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe you even argue about it, it is obvious he was talking about Han, Agares didn't have any skills with anything, besides with the hate Luca had for him he would have "accidentally" killed him during those practices, remember Agares run away when his wife got kidnapped he showed weakness, no old man that can give Luca a challenge does that, Han was the one that saved them, he was the strong one as we find out first hand in the duel with him...

I still don't even see the argument here as for killing Agares in cold blood.

Well Luca was strong but he alone couldn't just fight the entire alliance army he needed a motivated army to do so, and that's what the whole Unicorn Brigade massacre was about, if he just killed the King from the off for no reason Kiba and I'm guessing a lot of his subordinates would have not followed Luca and a whole furor would have swept Highland in a "mad" prince slaying his father and King for presumably no reason.

As for the respect to Han is there alright, and an old man is not anything insulting or demeaning, Han was an old man after all, the fact that he said he gave him a challenge shows more respect than anything.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"It would probably be Agares. The reason is, Luca as a prince means that he is the second in military power in Highland, the only one stronger than him is the king. And we knew that his raw power is the strongest in highland, right? which mean no general in the highland army could beat him. Han is loyal to Agares and he wouldn't do anything out of the king's order. Throughout the game we knew that Luca hate Agares from the bottom of his heart, which means he must have considered his father as his enemy. And that goes my opinion.."

I think...why would he bring up verbal fighting as a type of fighting? We're talking about Luca Blight here. He's got a bloodlust Orge Mages from WC2 can't top. So 1) He wouldn't say he's fighting, unless he's fighting. That being the case, he probably is refering to Han, whom he can probably own (which is why he;s so easy when you go fight him yourself. 2) Agares isn't "the only one stronger" than Luca. He's got a higher position. And we basically saw Luca (and Jowy) take care of that.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought that Luca was speaking in jest and talking about Agares. He said all he has had to fight lately was that old man, meaning not only that he couldn't even bring himself to call him father because of a deep seeded hatered from his childhood, but also that these fights were political, concerning the direction of Highland. Luca wanted a war with Jowston but that so called weakling Agares wasn't going to give him the military backing. So Luca decided to take matters into his own hands with the massacre of the Unicorn Brigade and frameing the City State.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Luca says right before the "old man" comment that his swordsmaship is getting rusty and then right after Rowd says, "My men would look like fools." It sounds to me like they are talking about physical fighting. I doubt Rowd would have his men engage in a debate with Luca for practice. Also, why would Luca say one thing, then change the subject, be vague about it, and then go right back to the original topic?

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, that's wrong. Before he says old man, he said wishes that he had joined in on the slaughter. Then he says that his sword is getting rusty as a joke regarding his debates with Agares. Then Rowd says that his troops wouldn't be a challenge for Luca at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: