Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Addictive Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know why, but most games on the Super Nintendo I've found to be more addicting than on any other system. I so have Uniracers....Yes it is addicting.

Others are: Legend of Zelda Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG, Zombies at my Neighbors, The 7th Saga, Saturday Night Slam Masters, and many others that I can't remember at the moment.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Legend of Zelda Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG, Zombies at my Neighbors

I definitely remember these games being uber addicting. Apparently, to quite a lot of people, Disgaea is very addicting. But that game was probably already mentioned.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New addicting game I've found is Drakongard for the PS2. The game is a hack n' slash game with a stats sytem for your character, the weapons, and the dragon.
The game gets a bit repetitive with the constant attacks of 1000+ enemies but every time you get a new weapon, you endup going back to an earlier expedition to level it up to its max level (all weapons have a max level of 4) because each level up changes the weapon's appearance, magic ability, and on top of making it stronger, tells you the history of the weapon. Which is pretty interesting. I'm still playing it, it's hard to pull away from when you've got to go to work... Good game though.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every game I sit my mind on becomes addictive for me, whenever I start any game I always get hooked on it regardless of how bad of good it is, I only stop playing a boring game after at least a full day of suffering and trying my best, games I enjoy take weeks depending on how good and long they are, games I love take more and more because I love to take my time to enjoy everything, I even sometimes just start these games and move in a circle just for the fun of it, and mainly these games are from the RPG genre, but occasionally, a couple of games took a lot and a lot of my time even when I still didn't finish any, these games are:

Azure Dreams:

I know this will sound funny, but I never managed to get over floor fifty in this game because I wasn't aware of the fusion feature in it until I looked for it in a FAQ after few years of losing the data for it, but funny enough in that game I managed to build everything in the town, unlock every feature in it, and get every girl with a full heart (maybe except for the blonde sick one), all that because I spent more than three weeks of nonstop playing (of course I slept and ate) and going in and out of the tower more than two or three time a day, I enjoyed the game very much but I get depressed at the end when I wasn't able to concur the upper floors, I felt I couldn't do anything after a month and a half of playing, it took most of my summer because of the amount of work needed to be done, and since there were a lot of things I didn't know, my time with the game happened to be much longer, now I really miss it and wish if I have finished it at that time or at least kept the save data for it but since I lost everything I have no will of doing it all from the start.

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature:

This game became one of my favorites from the first time I played it, I remember it took me a whole month the first time before restarting it after realizing I was doing pretty bad, but after replaying it with everything I know, things got much better and fun, the first time was kind of an experimental play, I did everything bad and wrong I wanted to do, I've been such a devil the first time, I even killed every animal in my farm and made everyone angry, I liked the feeling of being in control and power of my actions, even when being bad I loved all the different responses and effects I got, in fact, I just bought another copy of this game few days ago since I never got to finish it, and it is taking almost all of my time, I can't believe it took five full days just to reach the third season, even though I'm playing real fast, I'm really tired of it now, that's why I'm here writing this ^.^.

All in all, I was and I am an addict to this game, I wonder how many years I reach in this game before quitting, if you are wondering about if this game ends at some point, then I should say no, you can play for eternity if you want, but you first have to pass the first three years successfully.

The Sims:

What can I say about this game, I blame my addiction on my little sister, out of a kindness and in an attempt to teach her how to play I got hooked on it instead, I think this game took the most for the amount of work I needed to do, I don't even know for this time what made me continue on playing through it, might been the idea of being more in control of your life, or even the idea making life itself, either way, I liked this game very much, even though I have never beaten it, I replayed it many times with different persons, you can imagine now how many days and weeks it took me with every person, I stopped playing the game a long time ago just because I lost my copy, but I'm sure I'll get hooked on it again if someone kind enough get me a new copy (I'm cheep, I only pay for my RPGs).

That's all I guess.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature:

My little brother is currently playing this game and is VERY much addicted to it.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DOA2:Ultimate is taking up alot of my time when it doesnt Star Wars Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith The game does.
Varias Taelas

The SkullSplitters

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be addicted to UO no matter how many times i would quit i would get bored and go back to it or a freeshard version. no other game have i quit and restarted more. whenever i get really bored now a days i play a suikoden, final fantasy tactics, or gta San andreas.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been fanatical about a lot of games, but the only one that stands apart ( and actually consumes my life ) is Lineage ][ .

This MMORPG has taken 1 1/2 years of my life full time, about 2000 hours of gameplay. I recently pulled away from it and was all the better for it, only to find some of my best friends returning to L2... so I'm back in the mix.

So yes I'm back in Lineage and foresee at least another 1000 hours to come. I actually put down Suikoden, Disgaea, Star Ocean TTEOT, LOTR The Third Age all because Lineage took too much of my time.

I'm trying not to get fanatical about it this time, but its hard not going home and logging in...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi my name is Sophita and I'm a Sims 2 addict.

I thought it was bad in the original game - I would play maybe a half an hour or maybe an hour a day for a few months, then lose interest as the game became too rote. Plus, once my family had all the kids they were going to have, there wasn't much challenge anymore; the kids didn't have to grow up and didn't need to max out their skills to do well at work. Once I got the parents up to a level they were happy with, I didn't advance them at work because it suited my storyline purposes. i'd play for a while when new downloads came out that caught my eye, but most of the time, I played for a while, got bored, and left it.

And then Sims 2 came out. It's mostly the same cycle, but now it's so much more involving - the kids grow up! Now the children of my first generation are adults, and my first generation are elders, and the children of my first generation (now the second generation) are having children of their own. It's a whole new cycle to get involved in, and it's quite addicting to see how family features are passed on. (For example, right now one particularily distinct nose has gone through four generations of sims.) Very cool. I still don't play that much because I just don't have that much time to do so, but it's a tres cool game and very addicting.

Thankfully, I've been able to keep my downloads to a minimum this time, mostly some new hairstyles to replace the ones I was dissastifised with (longer dreadlocks, for example - the ones that come with the game look like they belong in the eighties, and are really only useful for the parts of my game that take placein the eighties.) and a couple of hacks to allow a neighborhood to exist that the game itself wouldn't let.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say that right now, City of Heroes is my soul's caretaker. I wouldn't say that it has consumed my soul, but instead, merely wraped it up in spandex and told my inner child that I could fly. :mrgreen:

I've performed countless "all-nighters" involving CoH (played from like 8pm-8am, sleep till 3pm, then get back on...yeah, it's just that good.

You know, I've played a lot of MMOs... FFXI, UO, CoH, Ragnarok Online, Maple Story, some Everquest (which I didn't like), and I can't figure out why people love WoW so damn much. I've played it too, and after a week, I saw no difference to that of any other MMO. I can understand those who play it just because they're Warcraft fanboys (or fangirls), but there's nothing 'revolutionary' about the game that compels me to think that this is the "Alpha and Omega of all MMOs", as some have put it. It's just another average MMO...one with little character customization, if any.

While other's prefer taking a sword to Orcs or Humans, My cup of tea is dressing in spandex and beating the bajeezus out of mutated hobos, ninjas, crackheads, and Neo-Nazis. :3

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: