Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The New Gorillaz CD: Demon Days

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you heard them and do you like them?
Yes to both
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Yes I've heard of them, but I don't like their music
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: The New Gorillaz CD: Demon Days Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got it a few days ago and I really like some of the tracks

Track list: Rating (-,=, +, or ++)

1) Intro : +
2) Last living souls : =
3) Kids with guns : -
4) O green world : +
5) Dirty Harry : +
6) Feel Good Inc: ++
7) El Manana : +
8) Every planet we visit is dead: +
9) November has come : ++
10) All Alone: =
11) White Light: +
12) Dare: ++
13) Fire coming out of the monkey head : +
14) Don't get lost in heaven: -
15) Demon Days: =

Overall rating : + or 8.0/10.0

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong place

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would be nice if you put some detail into your thoughts on the record, other than a plus/minus system that I don't understandi n the slightest. :/

Anyway, I have the first gorrilaz CD, it's OK. It's got a couple excellent crackpop music tracks on it. I'll have to hear a few treacks from the new one before I probably buy it, but if it's any good it will probably go onto my "buy!" list.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, thoughts on it

Well, Feel Good Inc. is the one with a video and that one is probaply the best on the CD

Followed by that would November has Come: it has a rap begining and then it switchs to a mellow rock you might say.

Fire out of the M.H. is basically sort of a story song about the US and how it operates in wars (flinches)

There is a good mix of styles on the CD but it doesn't reach the top of my list, it needed more rock like on their last CD, guess their trying to diversify

:?

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been a fan for a while. I like their music and enjoy it's different style. The music videos are also a winner with me.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
exhale

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like their mixture of rap and rock. I have an eclectic taste in music and having a little from both genres is usually a plus, in my book. I haven't heard much from their other CD's besides Clint Eastwood (which I love), but I plan on getting around to downloading some eventually.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clint Eastwood was pretty great, a really nice song that had me hoping for more of the same, however the first album disappointed me, I wasn't that keen on it when I heard the whole thing but they were a novel concept at the time, supposedly being the world's first animated band and whatnot even if it was obviously Damon Albarn and everyone knew it.

This newer one, I liked the first single I heard again but I don't hold out hope for the whole album because I figure it'll be the same as last time around. Maybe I'll give it a listen at some point out of the sheer idea that I don't really want to judge it before I properly hear it but I do not doubt that I won't be buying this and I honestly have doubts as to whether or not I'll like it depspite my attempts to tell myself I won't pre-judge it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I purchased Demon Days the other hellishly hot day (or rather a Demon Day (yep. Worst. Pun. Ever.) And it hasn't left my stereo since. I really, really enjoyed it and I would suggest it to anyone who's at the music store and does not know what to buy. That happens me to like once every year or so I know, but trust me, if you liked their other stuff, you'll like this too.

1: Intro : +
2: Last living souls : =
3: Kids with guns : =
4: O green world : -
5: Dirty Harry : ++
6: Feel Good Inc: ++
7: El Manana : +
8: Every planet we visit is dead: =
9: November has come : +++
10: All Alone: =
11: White Light: =
12: Dare: +
13: Fire coming out of the monkey head : =
14: Don't get lost in heaven: +
15: Demon Days: =

Last edited by Tony Stark on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES

YES

YES

YES

YES

This CD is hot. I'm the same as Brect, I'm not kidding when I say I've listened to this CD, start to finish, two or three times everyday since I bought it. The flow of the album as a whole is such that the songs that you may not like individually are just, perfect. Like El Manana, while it doesn't really adhere to my personal favourite style of music (despite the fact that it is an excellent make-out song), is a perfect come-down from the upbeat Feel Good Inc., which even by itself is fantastic. My favourite track on the album is Dirty Harry. The chanting really gets me going, and the beat makes me want to dance like a real crazy person. Several times walking home from parties or whatever in the wee hours of the morning I've found myself actually singing out loud to Dirty Harry or Demon Days (which is a great track, and a fantastic finale for the album). The CD starts out great and constantly gets better. This is probably the wisest musical purchase I've made in a looooong time, and so far it's my favourite album of 05. Leaps and bounds ahead of their last CD, which I was actually not too fond oof outside Clint Eastwood and 19/2000. Plus, the whole storyline associated with the band really appeals to me, the fact that these are cartoon characters in a band and nobody gives it a second thought. Nobody is ever like "so who really plays guitar in the Gorillaz?" Everybody always just takes for granted that the Gorillaz' guitarist is Noodle, despite the fact that she is fictional. The whole scene really gets me pumped.

If you don't purchase this CD, I'll hate you forever and say mean things about you. Seriously, if you like either rock n' roll, rap, techno, or gospel you'll love the seamless integration of all of these genres into one CD. Edgy marketing, brilliant writing, energetic and emotional songs-- why do you not already own this? Go buy it now. No excuses.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
serph

I love this girl!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

windmill,,windmill,,,,oh! sorry! this album is really a masterpiece....

mrs.cuteness!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just like the first Gorlliaz's album, I was completely torn from if I rather liked it or completely thought it was lame. I do give Gorlliaz some credit for producing out something differn't, but in my mind it can't just be differn't it has it not sound really really competative between songs. Yes they did have a few good songs on both of their albums ofcoarse, it's just that I do not belive either were very successful albums. The repetative lyrics and beat in a single song can only go on for so long between you just have to put a new cd in. I guess I bought the Gorlliaz's CD thinking that the songs were going to be maybe something new from the last album however I was sadly put down :/. Maybe my expectations of them are just way too high.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Krawnik that the CD flows and all the music fits together perfectly. Whenever I first heard Kids with Guns and Last Living Souls I didn't really like them but after I had listened to the album all the way through I realized that they fit in perfectly with the rest of the music in it. I even went so far as to buy the special DVD editioni that gives me a much cooler case for the cd :P Not that it really matters because cool case or not, this is by far one of my favorite cds. Fire coming out of the monkeys head was interesting and I love Oh Green World.
Omni

Champions of Grassland

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont like these fellows but meh' thats just me.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...well, I'd be interested to know more about this band...IIRC, isn't this the animated band or whatever? If that's the case, it does sound interesting. Obviously, I'm not familiar with their music, but I'm pretty open minded.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
Hmm...well, I'd be interested to know more about this band...IIRC, isn't this the animated band or whatever? If that's the case, it does sound interesting. Obviously, I'm not familiar with their music, but I'm pretty open minded.

Yeah, that's the group. Allmusic has a pretty comprehensive biography/album review/tracklisting on them if you're interested in reading up on 'em. (Edit: Sorry, seems like you can't directly link to the Gorillaz page.)

I think the first CD is good if you like catchy pop electronica music that doesn't particularily mean anything (anyone who likes lyrics to have weight to them will probably be put off by the second track). But to be honest, there's only 2-3 tracks I can really remember clearly from the first CD and still listen to today. Of course, I haven't heard anything off the second one so I can't say much on that yet.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: