Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rune of Beginning (spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Rune of Beginning (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just thinking about a plot for the possible Suikoden 5, then I came up with this wacky idea...

I was wondering about, the powers of the rune of beginning before it split, or the reason it split... I great plot would be for the rune to be used at a time before Suiko1 and 2, and even before the time of Gengaku and Han. After all, at the shrine the two old guys said they regreted not being able to make it one...

What do you guys think??
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt the Rune of Beginning will take centre stage again as it focused heavily in Suikoden II.

Konami cannot keep milking Suikoden forever, and they are going to have to explore new True Runes and situations - they won't restep over old ground.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And the Rune of Beginning wasn't split by external forces like the Gate Rune was. It naturally comes that way.

If they were to use the Rune of Beginning again, it would be cool to have a person who had already united the Rune and what happens to them to make it split back into two pieces.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Rune of the Beginning WILL be seen again, but I think you misunderstand something of its nature. It didn't split, because it never existed. The Rune of the Beginning isn't like the Gate Rune; you can't split it and get Bright Shield and Black Sword. SARS came up with a good analogy: splitting the Gate Rune was like taking a cookie and breaking it in half; but Black Shield and Bright Shield are like the cookie dough and chocolate chips - you can't get cookie dough back, or separate the chips [easily anyway] once it's baked into a cookie. Once the Rune of the Beginning is created from those components, it will always exist.

Personally, I think that is how the series will end. The Rune of the Beginning has the power to "end all wars." Once it exists, it'll be hard to have another Suikoden, don't you think?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no doubt that the Rune of Beginning will appear again, but I don't think it will be the main focul point of the game.

If Riou or Jowy (or a new random hero) gains the full Rune of Beginning, I don't think they'll play the pivotal role in a future Suikoden; though it may be necessary for plot advancement, I think another Rune will be the focal point.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
I have no doubt that the Rune of Beginning will appear again, but I don't think it will be the main focul point of the game.

If Riou or Jowy (or a new random hero) gains the full Rune of Beginning, I don't think they'll play the pivotal role in a future Suikoden; though it may be necessary for plot advancement, I think another Rune will be the focal point.

Personal theory: final scene of the final Suikoden has Riou sacrificing himself for some greater good, and Jowy will inhereit the True Rune of the Beginning, ending all war forevermore.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but that's only because Konami just read your post and changed their whole plan for Suikoden. Great going Harukaze ;)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theoretically speaking, Riou may already have the Rune of Beginning. If you killed Jowy and took the Black Sword Rune from him Riou gets the Rune of Beginning in the end of Suikoden II.

Of course that isn't true. If only because there's still war in Suikoden III. Besides that, hasn't it been "confirmed" that the true ending to S2 is the "good" ending? i'm a little rusty on my history.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the official ending to suikoden 2 is that the three kids, Jow, Riou and Nanami left on a journey, after Riou rejected the Black Sword, and the power of Forgiver sign healed Jowy.

Thus Riou does not have the rune of Beginning...

I quite like the idea of the rune of beginning having the ability to end war as well, and I remember reading elsewhere about the final Suikoden relating to the fall of the Toran Republic... Maybe they could bring back these two old favourite for old times sake??
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that's the plot with the final Suikoden, I'd find it quite odd if they didn't include them.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd rather not have any main character of any previous Suikoden title take the center stage of a "final" Suikoden. It makes the production team choose ONE particular installment while leaving the others to gather dust.

As for the original idea, if Suikoden V is set long beforethe original three's timeframe, then that'd be a good idea. Considering the fact that we might need another "very important" person to fill in the Tenkan role (as IMO Ted is unlikely to return given his overall reluctance in IV), a previous bearer of the Rune of Beginning would be a fine choice. Or any other true rune, in fact.

Well, maybe. I wouldn't mind having it as a returning rune (along the lines of Souleater's subsequent reappearances after the original game), but as the central rune again? No.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would find it hard for Riou and Jowy to survive long enough to make it to the final Suikoden. They are already pushing their 40's, or should be, when Suikoden 3 was introduced. I think the two component parts, Bright Shield and Black Sword, will go back to the shrine once Riou and Jowy pass away.

Eventually, two other smucks will come for it and start the trend over again, but this will lead to the creation of a noble leader who will be influenced by other True Rune bearers who will cross his or her path. These two characters will be convinced to merge the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes to create the Rune of Beginning and hence the end of Suikoden...right...no.

I think the Rune of Beginning will appear again, but only when all the other True Runes come together. I think no two people can merge the Bright Shield and Blac Sword Runes together. I think it will take the hearts of the entire world to motivate them to join on their own.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disagree. I personally believe that Suikoden IV hopped into the past precisely to avoid pushing the timeline forward too much further. The final Suikoden will only be a few years, tops, beyond Suikoden III. I think it would be a wasted plot to introduce two new bearers to those Runes, and the bearers are destined to fight. Riou and Jowy already reconciled that, completing a very necessary balancing act. Genkaku and Han couldn't even do that, and had to seal their Runes in order to break away from that destiny. To have to go through that again would feel cheap, I think. It'd be Suikoden II all over again.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's my exact point. Since Riou and Jowy already broke the whole curse of the Bright Shield and Black Sword Rune causing each bearer to fight, then one of them would have to die in order for the Rune of Beginning to be brought into existence. The fact that they already broke the curse and decided not to combine the two component runes shows that the chances of the Rune of Beginning showing its face any time soon to be very small.

I think that they will both eventually die and the wishes of the other 27 True Runes compelled by the Destiny of other Bearers will cause for the Rune of Beginning to be born from the combination of the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes, not Riou and Jowy. If they were the ones destined to bring the Rune of Beginning into existence, then it would have been done already. They have decided to take the path of friendship over the path of deciding war. I don't think that either one of them have what it takes to bear the Rune of Beginning.

I'm not saying that we will see two new bearers (proven by the fact that I put not after that whole scenario), but I think that the Rune of Beginning will not be brought into existence by a bearer of the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes. I think it will be brought into existence of its own will absent the control of a mortal bearer. Riou and Jowy were just vessels, but in the end their purposes have already been served. I believe it is too late for them to join the runes now.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: