Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Happy Canada Day 2005

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Happy Canada Day 2005 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to wish all Canadians who frequent this board a happy Canada Day. Compared to our southern (and western, when you take Alaska into account) neighbours, the United States of America, Canada is still a relatively young nation, currently celebrating its 138h birthday. The US will be celebrating 229 years of independence this Monday.

So, my fellow Canadians, what are your plans for today?

Personally, I'm going over to my brother's place later today for a barbeque, which will also serve as my sister-in-law's birthday party. (her birthday was on June 25) It's been a several years since there has been any type of get-together on Canada Day, so I'm looking forward to it.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just going to take it easy, like I always do. I remember Canada Day one year when I went to the Windsor fireworks with my friends, and we were stuck in one of the biggest bus lineups I'd ever seen. Another year, my mother and I were caught in a traffic jam and didn't get home 'til 1 am. So no more city-trekking on Canada Day. :shock:

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish all of my neighbors to the north a happy Canada Day, hope you do something WILD and CRAZY...or not. Anyway, hope you have a safe and relaxing day.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadian members of this forum! ;-)

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rawkin' out on Canada Day.

Just chilled with some of my buds, playin' some Medal of Honour multiplayer action, and after they left, did some reading and drawing, etc. Tomorrow I'mma celebrate a bit more when the stores are actually open by goin' down to the Bomb Shelter and picking myself up some graffiti gear. Gotta love it.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
WIND

Tempest

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To all my new found Canadians friends and family, HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

for me i'm not doing much, my fiance is out on a girls road trip to live 8 ,so i'm having out with her rent(bonding time) Also i plan on taking a walk and seeing the fire works and the drunkin craziness
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Err Happy Canada Day to all friends in the north. By the way, what is Canada Day? From reading the thread it sounds like the day the country started, but I am not sure.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't know of Canada Day? For shame! Even I here all the way across the Atlantic in Ireland know the basics of Canada Day!

Canada Day celebrates the creation of the Dominion of Canada through the British North America Act 1867, which came into effect on July 1, 1867, uniting three British territories (The Province of Canada (Modern-day southern Ontario and southern Quebec), Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick) into a federation.

The holiday itself was formally established in 1879 and was originally called Dominion Day. The name was changed to Canada Day in 1982.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're quite the walking encyclopedia aren't you John.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my girlfriend is Canadian by birth so I often read up on Canadian history and such just to impress her. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: