Suikoden United and Illegal Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sarah: A paternity test

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Sarah: A paternity test Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this is a speculation and theory I made up. Here it goes. It has to do with Sarah, from Suikoden III and her father whom I suspect is Wyatt Lightfellow. I'll explain. Just so you know this is an extreme what if situation and is never really eluded to in the game. Ever. So this has some of my own inferences and conclusions.

When Wyatt Lightfellow came to Vinay Del Zexay he was escaping from Harmonian assassins, assumedly after his True Water Rune. So he meets Anna Lightfellow and the Lightfellow family and falls in love with Anna. They have a child, named Chris. Than the game gives the detail that Wyatt, being further pursued by assassins, left when Chris was very young.

I'd say that maybe 2 years old maybe an accurate gauge, or a little younger than that. I remember there being a flashback in the game of Wyatt but it was very vague and it looked nothing like him. So Chris is old enough to remember what happened, just not the details like what he looked like.

Wyatt participated in the First Fire Bringer War at the age of 23, ten years later the Flame Champion turns himself into Harmonia in exchange for 5000 Grasslanders. 2 years after that the Flame Champion gets out and they regain the True Fire Rune. 424 Solis a 50 year agreement is signed between Harmonia and Grassland.

We know that Chris Lightfellow was born 454 Solis. We also know that Sarah was born 457 Solis. So what we know is that Wyatt Lightfellow was in Karaya Village as Jimba somewhere between the years 454 and 461-462(assuming that he was there whenever Hugo was growing up). Is it not a stretch of the imagination to think that he may have visited other places, hoping to settle down there before living in Karaya? If you don't age, staying in one place for extended periods of time isn't the best decision. It arouses suspicion.

So Sarah is said to ahve been born in some village in Harmonia, unnamed and probably pretty tiny. When she was born she possessed a Flowing Rune, which is rarity in itself and to be born with it? The townspeople thought it to be witchcraft, and alienated her. So we have a village that gets frightened by a person being born with a rune, this furthers the argument that this town would be under the radar. Just like a town where someone could hide for a few years, and a perfect place to hide. Why would someone be stupid enough to hide in a village in the nation that is after them? I doubt that Harmonia would have used assassins if it was common knowledge that Wyatt needed to be killed, otherwise he would have been chased by bounty hunters. This seems like a fitting place to reside in safety.

So here Wyatt is, potentially, in a small Harmonian village peacefully evading arrest. He's young and handsome and will never see his wife again. So he gets a new one, or perhaps a fling. From this engagement is produced Sarah, a girl born with a rare Flowing Rune already attached to her body. But how would this happen? It has been known that a True Rune is where the lesser runes come from, Fire from True Fire, Shield from Bright Shield and so on. Perhaps this Flowing Rune came from the True Water Rune and was set on the girl in the womb or somewhere during the process. Also note that Sarah doesn't fit any of the trends of names in Harmonia that I can think of. Nash, Sasarai, Ace, Dios, and Luc sound nothing like Sarah in origin. But the name origin does sound like Anna, or Wyatt, or Chris, or Thomas. All of them were named with Zexen names. Sarah sounds just like a Zexen name, because perhaps she was named by a Zexen, and although we don't know that Wyatt is a Zexener it's not too hard to believe that he would take some of the culture with him wherever he goes. Just like when he takes his armor with him to Karaya, despite it being a potential breach in his disguise. He held some attachment to Zexen none-the-less.

Than something unexpected happens. This little girl with a rune attached to her at birth gets attention, attention that causes a High Priest to come to this little unknown town. This attention may be bad for Wyatt, being that he's on the run and someone like a High Priest would know that he is on the run, especially being the father of the girl in question. This was no longer a safe place for him to hide. Sarah was then taken to a shrine and raised there until Luc came and got her, and the rest is history.

The later explaination shows how it is possible, albeit slightly unlikely, that Wyatt fathered Sarah from Suikoden III. Now look at Sarah and Chris Lightfellow, by my logic half-sisters. They share an uncanny number of similar features. Straight hair is a genetic trait and Chris' hair is very straight when she's running away from Zexen into Grasslands with Nash. Sarah also has very straight hair. Eye color is also a genetic trait and both Sarah and Chris have blue eyes (arguably Chris has purple eyes, but still that's pretty dangon close). Another trait that is similar is they both have white hair, which is a highly uncommon trait to be had with young people in the Suikoden world. What color were Wyatt's eyes? Blue. What color wasa Wyatt's hair? Blonde but white hair is extremely light blonde hair. Wyatt doesn't look like hehas curly hair so one can infer that he most likely has straight hair.

The three share many commonalities physically and also have the potential, in a timeline sense, to be sisters. Therefore if one could infer that Sarah is the daughter of Wyatt Lightfellow and therefore by information we already know the sister of Chris Lightfellow.

What do you think of my theory? Please let me know of any holes in the theory, because there's more than likely some in there that I don't see. I will say that the reason I wrote this was because 1)Wyatt's my favorite character and 2)I noticed Sarah had no father and bore a striking resemblance to Chris. When I investiagated further I found that there was a possiblity that he was and so I elaborated. Here it is, unlikely but possible. Thoughts, comments and critiques are welcome and asked for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wyatt left Zexen when Chris was 5 years old, not two.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Wyatt left Zexen when Chris was 5 years old, not two.

Haha, well that defeats the theory entirely! O well, I gave it a shot. I could try to edit it and make it work but it would be way too what if and not worth it. I don't remember that ever aside from her being young. No love lost though, I tried. I spent like an hour on that too! Next time I come up with something crazy I'll be sure to have done a bit more research. Thanks for being punctual Sars (there was 5 minutes) and I appreciate what you said. So aside from it being neigh impossible are there any other thoughts? Any other things I didn't think through quite well enough.

EDIT:
Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Of course, he may have had extramarital affairs.
That was one of the options I was thinking of but that would be a negative quality on my favorite character Wyatt Lightfellow. There are a few possibilities as to how he could have gotten around this, one being that he was away all the time before he left Chris and perhaps on one of said trips he went to Harmonia. Or a northern Grassland tribe that was later claimed by Harmonia. It's possible with all the physical evidence but with the Timeline the way it is the window gets slimmer as to whether he is the father. I don't like being a post glutton so this is why I'm quoting something after this post, in case anyone was perplexed.

Last edited by Acheron on Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course, he may have had extramarital affairs.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An interesting idea because they do look remarkably similar, but in the end, as SARS pointed out, it'd be a stretch for it to be true. I would imagine if Sarah were the daughter of the warrior Jimba, you might be a better warrior than she is, because that tends to be the case with most of the Stars that are related that I can think of right now, but most of those are father-son relationships, come to think of it.

In any case, it's a cool thing to think about.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It certainly would make for a plausible explanation of why Sarah was born with a Flowing Rune, being the daughter of the man to bear the True Water Rune.

If nothing else, I thank you for this purely because I never knew that Wyatt came to Vinay del Zexay to escape assassins, and I never knew that he left for the same reason; I assumed he used the war as an excuse to flee, before people noticed that he wasn't aging. That... adds a bit of noble quality to him. He might have stayed longer with the family he raised, but he had to flee then.

Anyway, it really is an interesting theory. It's a shame the dates don't work out. I think I agree with you, as nice as the theory is, I'd rather abandon it simply because of what it would say about Wyatt's fidelity if it was true.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The story bit about his running from Howling Voice Guild assassins is only revealed if Chris is your Flame Champion. During the scene where Jimba dies, Chris's mind is sucked into the giant crystal in the center of the room and then Yun and Jimba are there and they talk to Chris. Hugo then gets the True Water Rune.

^Actual quote!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwarg. Okay. I was planning on running through those scenarios [I've only ever played with Hugo as the Flame Champion], now I've got all the more reason to do so.

And hey, I'll definitely see the fourth True Water spell this time! ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: