Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV OST came in the mail yesterday. :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Suikoden IV OST came in the mail yesterday. :) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ordered it a few weeks ago from yesasia.com. I find the music in Suikoden IV (and the others) very well done (and I am a big lover of music). Anyone else get it (the Music of Suikoden CD that came with the coin and wallscroll left me wanting for more music)? And if so, what are your thoughts on it? I enjoyed the ending credits music of Suikoden IV, and the final boss music. Great soundtrack, thumbs up, two of them. :D
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you get that book with the score with the OST?

The first print version had it, and yes the OST is good especially track 27 of the second disc, ahh now that you reminded it to me I'll put it on again.

As it turns out though not as good as the rest of the series the music of IV is not bad at all.
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:

The first print version had it, and yes the OST is good especially track 27 of the second disc, ahh now that you reminded it to me I'll put it on again.

As it turns out though not as good as the rest of the series the music of IV is not bad at all.

As a matter of fact I did! And the CD case also came in that nice box thingy.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Genome Soldier wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:

Yes man that was cool, if I ever learn how to play an accordion or another suitable organ I will look at those notes, I just ripped the discs and put everything together I don't want to use the discs more than I have to.
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
Genome Soldier wrote:
Arenegeth wrote:

Yes man that was cool, if I ever learn how to play an accordion or another suitable organ I will look at those notes, I just ripped the discs and put everything together I don't want to use the discs more than I have to.

Eh? Why's that?
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it's collectable and by rip I mean as in copy it in my hard drive, and I don't want to put them from disc tray to disc tray in case they get scratched.
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
Well it's collectable and by rip I mean as in copy it in my hard drive, and I don't want to put them from disc tray to disc tray in case they get scratched.

Of course. I knew what you mean by rip (I do it all the time if I want to send one of my favorite tracks to a friend of mine online), I'm not too worried about scratched disks, I take good care of them, then again you can't be too careful...ripping sounds like a good strategy.
Teal'c

Rogue Knights of the Nameless Lands

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you decide to rip this and want to share it please let me know, I can torrent it for people or host some files. I've been having a hellish time trying to find a copy myself. D'oh.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Caitlin : let's keep the illegal talk to a minimum, please. Thank you.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, like in PMs hehe.

The music of S4 isn't bad at all, and there are a few good themes (the final battle theme was nice) but overall I still like S3's better. S1 and S2 were good, but I still think S3 had the best music. It fit the theme of the game more.

I was hoping for more pirate and tropical themed music for S4. Unfortunately most of the music is forgettable :( I still want the soundtrack though.

^Actual quote!
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aha, so I'm not the only one who appreciates III's OST. Though, to me, those were pretty good on a CD, but not well presented in the game itself. There were far too many quiet moments that I which they'd insert a BGM or something in that game.

As for IV's OST, it's nice. They remixed quite a handful of tunes from the original, but the rest could have used a bit more variety. Overall, only a few really stood out, and the rest were more or less the same. I'm sure they could have been better if they aimed to produce as many sounds as those in II (which had a massive OST, despite the game's length).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: