Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cowboy Bebop Remix

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Remix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I've only just recently heard that there is a new spin on the Cowboy Bebop Series coming out in the fall called "Cowboy Bebop Remix". If you really don't know anything about it, I suggest you go out and get the newest edition of Newtype magazine. Spike has a nice cover shoot. If you just want to peep the cover it's at www.Newtype-USA.com

Now I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about them going and remastering the series. I, for one, would sleep with my limited edition Complete Sessions of Cowboy Bebop if it were only possible, because that series is the best thing since freshly ironed boxer shorts. I'm kinda twisted on what to think. Part of me is ecstatic to hear that there is more coming out, but then part of me is just hoping that it isn't just a way to get me to blow cash on a series that will only taint the memories I have of the greatest anime ever. (If they "remix" the theme song... oh man I'm gonna be ticked off. We already have enough Samurai Shampoo (Champlu) playing bad music trying to use it to fight it's unique style on my screen. He smells like what? That's just stupid.)

Either way, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this.

Anyone heard anything about it? Anyone discussed this already? Anyone else get Newtype magazine? Anyone ever read my posts?

oOoB

Shake your oOoB train. Show 'em how you do it.

Last edited by Sierra Mikain on Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: Wow I haven't heard about this before. How exactly are they going to be continueing the series? Is Spike going to survive the ending of the original, and then it continues from there? Is it going to be side stories, or maybe an alternate universe where the ending of the first series never happened? I would enjoy being able to see more of the time period when Cowboy Bebop takes place. It was an interesting world, and I would love to be able to see more of it. Do you know if the original crew that made the series is going to be making the remix? I guess that I will be looking forward to this series as well now that I have heard about it.

Quote:

Anyone ever read my posts?

Every so often I skim over one of them.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I not only read all your posts, I STARE AT YOUR PROFILE FOR HOURS ON END.

...Just kiddin. I've read some, others I haven't. :D

UberYuber, I tend to agree with you. I really loved the original Bebop (Soundtrack = Win! Ed, Faye, Spike, Jet and Ein = Win! + 32 Bagazilllion), and I don't want to see it go to pot, because I think the series was just great. On the other hand, seeing more of it? Definately something I'm interested in. But I have to wonder if they're just doing it because it's popular and they don't really have any storylines they're just dying to show so much as money they're dying to make. :/

If they remix tank badly, I will cry. ;_; I hope Yoko Kanno come sback to do the music. I love her music.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I haven't heard about this remix thing. I really hope it is really just a side-story, or side-quests that the crew does during their travels because this too is my favorite anime. It would really be a shame if a masterpiece of such magnitude were to be tainted by ruining the storyline. Still, I eagerly await more information on this interesting idea.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just thought I'd update everyone. My store gets a weekly update on new DVD releases every Friday, so when I looked at the sheet tonight at work I noticed that "Cowboy Bebop Remix" is set for release on September 13th. Now, I don't know if that's the FINAL date or not, but at least it's a target. So for those who are looking forward to this (whatever it is) that's the date to watch.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately to anyone who doesn't understand what REMIX is... it's just a remastered complete sessions of the original series. It will feature a completely remastered Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS surround sound. Shinchiro Watanabe has actually come back to REMASTER THE VIDEO!! Oh boy... I feel funny.

REMIX will also include new extras such as interviews with the US voice actors, trailers, the Session 0 extras (Japanese Interviews with the staff and cast, story digest of the second half of the series, Tank music videos) and everything else people who shelled out 300 bucks for the limited edition didn't want to hear!!!!! :(

Now... it's also going to be six discs so you will know if what you're buying is imported. And what comes with six disc box sets? That's right... hundred dollar price tags.

September 13, 2005 (THANK YOU NOOT!!!) :mrgreen:

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get Newtype USA, and I read that article. I never really watched the Cowboy Bebop series (actually I've only seen the movie). Though my brother is a big fan of Cowboy Bebop (One of the few series anime series he actually likes) and he's pretty excited about it.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds like what they did with Evangelion recently. The video quality between old and new Eva is HUGE. It's really beautiful looking now. Not enough to rebuy the series, but still good.

It really is a way to get cash, but it's a nice way. It depends on how much you love the quality of your anime and what you're willing to spend.

I really doubt they'd touch the music, other than cleaning up sound quality and adding some new tracks at random places. That's a central part of cowboy bebop, and you just don't mess with that.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: