Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A little help from anyone who's played Suikoden3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: A little help from anyone who's played Suikoden3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I'm not looking for gaming tips. I need help of another sort.

Can anyone give me a character analysis on Sasarai? I mean anything you can tell me about his personality, his manner, his mood... how he interacts with people... anything at all. I'm trying to roleplay him properly so....I need some help. Fanfiction can only go so far.

Thanks to anyone who can lend this budding RPer a hand :?
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beleive Sasarai is a person with tremendous power as well as heart. He will use the advantage of superior numbers to his advantage yet has a very keen understanding of when to press the issue. Case in point is the duel with Hugo, he knows that he really isn't the Flame champion yet goes along with it. He truly beleives in what his nation is doing and truly loves Hikusaak as a father figure. He knows he has tremendous authority yet he leads benevolently.

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*tries to phrase it in her own words to prove to herself she can apply that*

Umm...he's got power but he won't abuse it. He knows what he's doing is right and doesn't lead with an iron fist.

Okay. I think I got that.
Benevolence. Humility...
Thanks!
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I adore Sasarai, but I think there's a side to him that hasn't been mentioned here.
Because he's from Harmonia, and a leader (bishop) in that country, I think it's important to remember that Harmonia is willing to do what is good for Harmonia, even if it doesn't benefit others it directly involves. (case of 3rd class citizens etc). I think although he's powerful, and generally a fairly well-meaning person, he probably has a side to him where an ends will justify the means.
He does see Hikusaaku as a father figure, but as such would probably trust and follow Hikusaaku's rule over what the non-aristocracy might be saying. He, for example, never questioned Hikusaaku about anything. This is shown when Luc suddenly revealed their origins, something about which Sasarai never discovered in his possible 300+ years. (I've found conflicting 'facts' about his age.) The game later ends saying Sasarai experienced "existential angst." That gave me the feeling he was somewhat sheltered, maybe even spoiled (though not spoiled like Lilly or anything.) He never had to doubt Hikusaaku or Harmonia at all.

Basicly, I see him as walking an edge between being a good/kind/benevolent type, and having an edge of... not quite so benevolent qualities in him, though I'm not sure he realizes those qualities are there. I just have this feeling that anyone in the aristocracy or temple of Harmonia couldn't be 100% good/kind/benevolent.

But much of this is open to interpretation. It's just how I viewed him. While the game shows a bit of his personality, there's still a lot more I'd like to know about him... As such, the basics of Harmonian history and how I would view his character's role in that, filled in some of the blanks in my mind.
(desperately wishing he could be in Gensui4... I want to see more of his history!)
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....I think he seems a little....snobish if you know what I mean...

I mean...here he thinks that 'Hikusaak' is the ruler of all and he develops a sort of hate for those who go against Hikusaak directly (aka Luc)

but of course he tries to hide that fact by being a perfect 'gentleman' about it and keeping a good composure at all times.

but being a high priest of Harmonia and being used to being treated with respect ....he just seems a bit spoiled.

I felt that way in the game too after recruiting him and chatting with him every once in a while at HQ....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okokoki...... lessee....

beneveolent leader, doesn't lead with an iron fist.... a bit spoiled but not uber spoiled. Got it.

I think. O.o
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As opposed to Luc's personality, he is very nonchalant, and also enjoys accomplishing things on his own. He is more down to earth than Luc, which makes me think he is a realist, while Luc leans more toward an idealistic personality.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's not as cool as Rhett. Let's see Sasari knit a beanie that's remotely as good as the one Rhett wears upon his cranium.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

k.... a benevolent idealist who, despite the fact he likes being independent, is a bit spoiled because he's used to being respected. He respects Hikusaak waaaaay too much, sees him as a father fogure and all, when faced with someone who defies him, he doesn't lash out directly but rather stays polite and everything with that person....despite the perfect gentleman thing, he acts kinda snobbish at times. Right? (Someone tell me I'm getting this right! >.<)

Streetlight> Personally, I rather like the hat being bigger than his head thing. Makes him stand out in the crowd! XD
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's to the piont and belives in Harmonia but is a nice person and even if he's not he make everyone around him feel comfortable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: