Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The next suikoden what platform should it be on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what platform sould nest suikoden be on?
PS2
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
PS3
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
PSP
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
XBOX 2? lol
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

david the great

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i say it should go on the ps2 cuz why put it on the ps3 when not a lot is know about it. all we know is that it is coming out someday and that they are making one. so really it would be safer to put it on the ps2 i think.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First they should definently remake the first four for the PSP. Release them simulteniously, so people can be exposed to these rare games.

Then they need to get to work on the PS3 version of Suikoden III. From what I've heard the graphics will be better than virtual reality and the discs will be double sided, allowing for greater media storage. Bear in mind that not a day goes by without a new PS3 rumor getting posted somewhere on the net, and I'm aware of this, but I think that this means that we can expect bigger environments, voice acting, characters with real-time facial expressions and movements and more environmental detail.

Hopefully this will also mean an improvement in the enemies. I've only played III as I mention almost every post, but the enemy variety in that game is terrible, and one of the few negative points for it. I hear similar things about IV as well, and I have it waiting at home for me to play this summer.

I can't wait for the new systems and the next generation of gaming.
Spus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I conisder Arc the Lad Collection minor in the sense, it's far, far, far, VERY far from the popularity of say, Final Fantasy X, or the GTA series...

Probably better word would be no more "Major" games. In the mainstream, Arc the Lad is fairly minor, and I don't find Suikoden major enough for a remake, although it certainly does suck with 1 and 2's rarity.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko 1 and 2 would be great for a release with extra shit thrown in . or nothing at all hell id buy it regardless. What it doesent need is it to be f**ked up by changing things around and/or remaking them in 3d.

As for suikoden 5. Well logically it will most likely be on the playstation 3. As that is slated to launch near the end of 2k5 or probablly 2006. And since 5 hasent (that we know of) been started that would be the logical assumption. Hopefully they pick up the ball with 5.

As for a psp release? well that would suck i like my suiko at home. Hopefully they will have a ps2/ps3 adapter so you can play psp games on that if suiko 5 should go to psp

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Major" doesn't have to mean mainstream, all you need to do is look at the Arc the Lad Collection release and you can see it was a fairly major release. Four games released in a deluxe collector's pack, faux-leather hardbound 100+ page manual, omake box with some extras (whether they are considered useless or not.) As far as I can tell, most mainstream games such as Final Fantasy don't get this type of treatment.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Spus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a delusion to think Arc the Lad is anywhere near as popular as Final Fantasy.

If you go outside, and ask someone on the street about Arc the Lad, 9/10 says they will respond... "What the heck are you talking about? Arc the what?"

To put it frankly, Square doesn't pack Final Fantasy X with all those neat little extras because it isn't needed- the game in a DVD case with a manual sells itself. They used to in a way, Final Fantasy III for SNES came with a world map and a few little extras.

But because the average casual gamer doesn't know about Arc the Lad, seeing a box with a bunch of listed goodies might make them consider buying it, while if it was packaged like FFX, they would just pass it by.

It may be major to you, but it's minor to everyone else- the people who are the Halo, GTA, FF, MGS fanboys and such. They outnumber us, the Suikoden Fans by a exponential margin.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't say anything about Arc the Lad being as popular as Final Fantasy, hell I didn't even know anything about it until I saw it mentioned on IGN. The extras which came with the game weren't a deciding factor for me when I decided to get the game, they are just Working Design's style when releasing a major project. (what caught my interest with the Arc the Lad Collection was that it was a 2D RPG.) The only games I know of which Working Designs has done such presentations with are:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Arc the Lad Collection
Growlanser Generations

I don't think the addition of a world map and such could be considered an "extra" for games on the SNES, it was almost standard fare. Granted, I don't have many SNES RPGs, but both Lufia and Lufia II included a world map, which also contained info about spell, items, armor and weapons.

If you don't consider AtL to be a major release, that's fine, but I don't see a company going all-out on a project which took them several years to localize if it was just any other game. They must have done a good job and succeeded in getting the interest out there, since Sony didn't waste any time bringing Twilight of the Spirits to North America.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it should be on the PS2, because some people dont have the money to get a PS3 when they come out. (Like me) Even if it did come out for PS2 you cjould still play it on the PS3 if they made it compatible with the PS2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote goes to the PS2. That is simply because I know for myself that I probably won't be buying a PS3 and I want to play it :D. Also the fact is that suikoden was never mainstream as final fantasy, and thus it should go on PS2 simply because I have no other argument and I want myself to feel better.
Take that Konami!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It may be major to you, but it's minor to everyone else- the people who are the Halo, GTA, FF, MGS fanboys and such. They outnumber us, the Suikoden Fans by a exponential margin.

It's funny because he doesn't know what explonential means.

First off, I've never played Arc the lad, and I know it's a major game. Popularity has nothing to do with immensity. Secondly, you're the delusional one if you think that Halo, GTA, FF, and MGS fanboys don't cross over into the Suiko world. Ask around, you'll find plenty of people on this board who are fans. of all these games (personally, I'm just not a GTA person.)

And as for my opinion, I voted in this poll so long ago I don't remember what I picked, so I'm just going to say that I picked PS3. I've now seent he tech demo for the PS3 and it looks amazing. However, with Rhapsodia coming out for the PS2, I'm not exactly sure that this thread is even valid anymore.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: