Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

To cheat or not to cheat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you play?
No Cheating
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
Cheating
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get alot of people's problems with cheating, if you're really stuck enough on the game to need to use it or if you find being invincible and absolutely destroying your foes to be more fun then kudos to you, cheat away!

Fair enough if you say 'I completed it but I cheated' alot of people will reply that's not really completing it but does it really matter? I don't think so. I don't tend to cheat on games often, I'm a pretty good gamer as it goes but if other people want to I don't think it makes playing a game pointless by any means, better a person cheats and gets the full experience of a game than just puts it down and forgets about it I say.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never used a Game Shark in my life, I might have tried it once when I was young just for the sake of curiosity, I didn't buy it, I get it for free when I bought my PSone, and I must say I really didn't find it helpful.

I used it on Grandia if you want to know, but didn't play a game with it because only a code for maxing Justin and Sue was in it and I already was at the end of the game with a pretty powerful Justen, Sue already left the team at that time, not helpful at all, but I must say I did try it in a new game, and what I saw was very funny, Justen and Sue were blinking from one place to another while fighting, until the fun moment ended when the screen froze, at that time I knew these kind of cheats aren't always safe, so I just throw the Game Shark, it's probably sleeping in the bottom of my game box.

I don't know if a Walkthrough FAQ is considered as a type of cheat, but either way, I often use them with my games, sometimes even with games I'm playing for the first time, of course I don't use ones with full story spoilers blindly, only some that helps me learn more about specific things, and even if I use ones with full story spoilers, I always use them to know the things I missed after a certain point in a game, that helps me in two ways, one, I won't have to spoil my self with anything, two, I could always return to that point if I've done badly since I always keep several saves for one game.

Well, other than these things, I never cheated in any way in my games.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never cheat my first time around during a video game. I would like to say with pride that "I beat *game*" without crossing my fingers and such. I cheat the second time around though, and if not the second time around, then the third. I feel that it is a personal reward for myself when I beat the game, legitimately.

I treat it like a New Game + basically. But instead of carrying my stuff over, I just basically beef myself up in the beginning. I feel like I earned it. But even then, I have many boundaries. First off, I will never use a Max level cheat. I figure I can do that myself, unless the game is called Disgaea. The only fun and worthwhile cheats to me are character modifiers, infinite money, and infinite *skill points or something related*. The level 99 trick in Suikoden 3 is not a cheat; it's a flaw in the system. That's not my fault, so it was fair game. But like everything else, I did that the second time around. Most of the cheats I activate are only used to speed up the game. That's because I dedicate many of my consequential playthroughs to understand the story completely.

But for multiplayer games, I never cheat. When there's another person near me, I will never cheat. I've played a bit of X-box live and got absolutely schooled by someone. But even then, I wouldn't mess around to "level" the playing field. Anyone can hack into a game, but I'll leave the fancy stuff to others.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I sort of feel the same way, Ced The Lad. A good thing about cheating on games that you have completed a hundreds times, is that there are way to make the game more enjoyable. Such as experimenting with various codes that let you do things you were never meant to.

When I was playing through Breath of Fire 3, I gave some of my characters special boss magic attacks. Some of them were not really that powerful, but nevertheless you could not get them by normal means. The skill magic (the ones you get from some basic enemies) are pretty boring and useless, so it is nice to 'create' a whole new magic system for a game in that manner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: