Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what do you think

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowdragonknight

12727 Potch
1326 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: what do you think Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

do you like suikoden 4
have you finish suikoden 4 yet
i am at the final but cannot beat the final boss
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes
yes
Just spend some time in the training room and level up your final party.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Yes I do, though I'm somewhat disappointed.
2. Yes, indeed I have.
3. Get better equipment and runes. Bring Snowe along, and be at least lv 55.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that Suikoden four is a great game and a great part of the series despite what some people or some reviewers might think about it. Yes I beat the game which is my only complaint about the game at all is that it is far too easy to finish the first time around even. Sure it takes some getting used to in certain areas of gameplay but generally it is rather easy to get through the game. Then again all of the other Suikodens have been for me anyway and never have been that tough to get through. Anyways if you want to beat the last boss you have to take one of two methods. You can use combined magic with your party members or build up your characters and hope for the best. Regardless get ready to wait awhile for the credits to role.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers... Sort off.. Then again, if you're reading these threads, you should be prepared for spoilers.

i can't hate any suikoden games. Although personally, i find that suikoden 4's plotline is alot weaker compared to the other suikodens. Obviously, i feel that S1 and 2's plot lines are the best. The fault with S3's plot was the surfacing of the saving the world genre like other RPGs always possess. Suikodens should never have a saving the world theme.

S4 had no saving the world. It was plain war, and i like it. But the thing is, this time around, the story line is significantly weaker. There wasn't any entertaining twists in the main plot, or any gratifying occurence that would make me say 'wow'. There was almost no strategy implemented at all. After the launching of the HQ, it's all the matter of visiting all the islands and getting their cooperation. Although uniting forces is a staple in suikoden plot lines, all the previous suikodens were much more entertaining even with simply uniting different areas. There were more events and things to feel happier about.

To make a comparison, i was actually really happy after the Two River alliance in S2, or even after taking back Greenhill. But in S4, even occupying Razril and Obel gave me little satisfaction. They only happiness i gained out of it was the knowledge that there were brand new stars to recruit. Like i mentioned earlier, there was almost no strategy or tactics employed. This sort of made Eleanor Silverberg a worthless strategist, or tactician as she is referred to in the game.

Playing the game made me wonder if it was even necessary for them to have even hired Eleanor as a strategist/tactician. Kooluk themselves had crappy tactics, and all in all, both sides had no tactics. The only mild use of brains ever displayed was the sending of Mizuki to inform Flare of the ship hidden in the cavern.

Of course, there's also the point that there was alot lesser character development. This has been pointed out by many others. Yet, to me this isn't quite as terrible since S1 had little character development as well. But S4 at least still had the comment box and confession room as well as the newspaper and bath convos and etc to give more background info.

For example, when i first saw Nico, i was like "Huh? Who's that?" and i was still sceptical about having a character appearing without me even knowing. However, it was slightly better when i saw Nico's note in the comment box mehtioning "Please don't say anything like I don't remember letting you on board" This sort of thing just makes it better.

All in all, it isn't a bad game, but i'm still disappointed with the weak plot line. As for completing the game, i actually have yet to finish it. All that's left is getting Snowe and the final assault. But obviously, i've been spoilt of everything.

So well, S4's not a terrible game. I still can't dislike it since it's suikoden. But it's not the best suikoden game, and is far from it. There're lots of room for improvement, and i seriously hope Konami will have a reallly good suikoden 5.
Marth

Pancake Masters

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoiler !

Suikoden is great but, I feel that they could of did alot mroe to make it better.. For one thing its way to short About after You leave Razril and you on your own the game just shoots by and is done in a second.. But theres a way to make it go longer train... Thats the only way to make it seem like the game is lasting longer.

Every Suikoden game i was like.. When is this goin'a end its taking so long!

BUt in this one i was like, Please don't end! please don't end it here! But as lucl would have it it did end... And the game was over.. WAyy too short but man do those mini games make me mad when i lose.. Stupid cats..

Over all this game was an ok game.. But I think Suikoden 3 was better..
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes
no

and like someone else said just train some more and eventually u will be able to beat it
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beat it (I like how New Game+ playthroughs have green text in the save/load screen it makes me feel special)

It was alright, but I was a bit dissappointed. I really liked a lot of the characters in this game though, but the game itself was only so so.

The "Silent Hero" thing is just too noticable in the game. In Suikoden I, it wasn't too noticable because there were quite a lot of dialogue choices in the game. I don't know how many times in S4 where someone directly addresses the main character and he doesn't have a response at all, not even a gesture.

Only a handful of characters have any real involvement in the plot that lasts more than one scene. The appraiser in S3 had a longer plotline than virtually all of the characters in this game.

There are just so many useless characters in this game. Nico is not playable, has no support ability, doesn't have any function on the ship, and has no real plot involvement (I think he has maybe 7 lines in the whole game). It just seemed like they made a model, gave him a name, and called it a star. I was very dissappointed in not being able to use Ramada, he was a neat character.

I was glad they shortened the battles and went back to a normal RPG style rather than the S3 SRPG approach, but they took out so many good features from that game.

-The Skills System, which made characters more customizable and interesting to level than just level them up.

- The Trinity Sight System, which made the story so much more involving and interesting despite the actual story not being too long. They could have just had you alternating between Hero and Snowe and maybe even Troy and it would have fleshed the story out much more.

-Being able to see how good people are with different runes and support abilities is something I really, really missed. I don't think finding out rune affinity should be done by reading an FAQ someone had to cheat and give everyone the same MAG stat to figure out.

-The Kill count in the stats screen wasn't important, but it still was a neat little thing.

-In S3 the support characters didn't become obsolete because a better one came along, they had varied abilities and while one might be better at healing than another, the other ability on the weaker healer might make him more worthwhile for you at that time. In S4, you basically have Healing and Treasure Hunt and all the others are just not that worthwhile.

There are a lot more interesting characters in this game, but they took out all the customizability options that showed up in S3 making them less fun to level.
Clops

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love that affinity FAQ. I was going to make one myself, but that would have been such a pain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the game was great, and yes I have beat the final boss, though I was very disapointed during the battle. I had every body on level 60 and I crushed it easily. i like to have a bit more challenging battle, but that is just my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: