Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Specualtion in other games

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Specualtion in other games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We've all (hopefully) seen the speculation section on this site, what I ask is what about other games...ask you're mysteries here and we'll see how many we can solve.

Here's my first

Was Guile in Chrono Cross Magus....I really want to know.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't completely understand the answer to that myself. I know it has to do with Radical Dreamers, a text rpg that was released only in Japan in which Serge, Kidd, and "Guile" snuck into Lynx's castle looking for the frozen flame. I believe that Guile is the same person in both RD and Chrono Cross. However, I heard although it is popular theory, Magus is not Guile. But, I haven't actually looked for the answer to this in years so my recollection is kinda fuzzy. Perhaps someone else can clear this up.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully, there are quite a lot of similarities between them, so thats why I'm asking.

UberYuber wrote:

There ya go UberYuber.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm almost positive that it's been confirmed that Guile is NOT Magus. I can't remember if you look over the some of the faqs on GameFaqs, I'm pretty sure you'll find it there. If not post back here and I'll try to find where I found this information. And yes it's due to the fact some sort of information was given out in the Radical Dreams game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was supposed to be Magus, but the creators changed their minds.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/cc/story.shtml

That's an interesting read, and I suggest fans of the Chrono games check out that article if you want detailed information regarding certain aspects of the game.

But the site you want is this:

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/psx/games/features/7033.shtml

Gamepro.com wrote:
Is there any connection between Guile in CC and Magus in CT? Both use black magic, have purple hair, and float. The only difference that I can tell is their dress and the fact that Guile uses a staff. I was thinking that they could both be different adult versions of Janus (from CT). Of course, it's been a while since playing CC, so I could be totally wrong. There are some other character connections (I.E. Frog and Glenn) but Guile and Magus raises the most questions. Thanks for the great game.
Freight Train big_luggage@yahoo.com

Masato Kato: To let the cat out of the bag, in the early stages of development, Guile was indeed meant to be Magus. In our original plan, the true identity of Guile was supposed to be Magus after the events in Trigger. (At the end of Trigger, Magus [a.k.a. Janus in Trigger and Magil in Radical Dreamers] disappeared into a Time Gate to go searching for his big sister, Schala, who was lost somewhere in time.) However, as the game's development progressed and we decided to use such a huge number of playable characters, we decided not to make him be Magus. We thought it was impossible to portray the relationship between Magus and Schala adequately in this game. So we changed tracks, made the colors of the Magus character design paler, and turned him into Guile, the magician. In a way, it's a pity, as I really would like to have seen the valiant figure of Magus come to life again.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thnk you for clearing that one up for me....I have another one too....I've heard rumours that Gogo in FF6 was supposed ot be Setzer's friend Darril, is that true at all, or did someone just make it up to trick us?

UberYuber wrote:

There ya go UberYuber.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was specualation. I don't really think that is right since Gogo was in FF5 as well. I think it was more of a cameo.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although Darril (sp?) crashed on the same island Gogo was in. It is very mysterious and questionable. I myself would believe it if not for the fact that Darril would pop out and reveal herself to Setzer if it was her. After all, they were lovers.

^Actual quote!
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True. Back on the FF6 kick....it WAS confirmed that Shadow and Relm were related right?

UberYuber wrote:

There ya go UberYuber.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if it was ever officially said that they were, but it's about as unofficially confirmed as it can get. The evidence overwhelmingly says yes.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are way too many hints and way too much information available that basically makes it appears that Shadow is in fact the father of Relm. Thats essentially what those dreams that you could have in that one town with Shadow in your part was meant to represent at least in my opinion. Anyways I have always liked the Shadow character and I thought they didnt develop it nearly as much as they could have. I would have loved to see a more in depth story regarding Relm, Shadow, and the old man for it would have made a pretty cool story if you ask me. I can seem to remember the old guys name though I usually just named him either Tellah or Old man if I was feeling uncreative.

Anyways right this second no other speculation comes to mind when it comes to other games besides perhaps more indepth reasoning behind Citan/whatever his other name was turning against his native country. That after being on a mission for them for some time but I guess we will never know now will we?

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The old man's "real" name is Strago for any and all interested. The dreams aren't the only evidence: the memento ring (or memory ring or whatever it's called in the PSX version) only being equipped by Relm and Shadow, Interceptor's affection for Relm, and Shadow's ending. But yeah, it is pretty much spelled out.

I can't come up with an answer to Citan. I just got to that part of the game and heard the whole story, but I'm not really sure myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: