Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

War Triangle...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephencolbert5

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: War Triangle... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the subject of the Silverburgs, I'd just like them to take another direction with it besides "O'Doyle, I mean Silverberg, rules!" For example, perhaps the next Silverberg could be an adequate or lousy tactician with self-esteem issues because he/she doesn't live up to his siblings'/parents' standards or others' expectations, ultimately leading to him/her stepping down and someone else from another family (new or not) becoming the SoD's tactician (or perhaps the tenkai him/herself doing the strategizing from then on). Now that I reflect on this, it reminds me of my limited knowledge on Zhuge Liang, Ma Su, and Jiang Wei from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff. Otherwise, I think a silly quirk could help differentiate the new tactician, but it would have to be an actual new quirk instead of one of the common ones like ridiculously perky, ridiculously obsessed with sex, ridiculously skilled for a child, etc.

On a side note, I've noticed when writing my stories that part of the difficulty in writing strategy is striking the right balance between complexity and comprehension. Often times, too, the simple strategies are the most effective which unfortunately usually provides for little entertainment (balance between realism and entertainment).

Anyway, the war triangle could happen, but it would be very temporary. As others have said, (A) the two weaker forces would ally temporarily or (B) the initially uninvolved one would be an opportunist. War is basically all about deception like in (A) getting someone else to do your fighting for you or (B) lulling your foe into complacency before attacking.

Also, I love Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits.

I know this isn't what most of you might want to hear, but I think it would be fine or perhaps even beneficial (from the time saved) to cut down on the SoD count. You almost always end up having characters that are almost identical gameplaywise, characters that serve no actual purpose, and most of the party members going unused. I wouldn't be saying this if (for example) most or all of the 60 party members were viable combatants, but usually only half or fewer are viable combatants. I just don't see a difference between 20 viable combatants plus 40 stinkers and 20 viable combatants without the addition of said 40 stinkers. Considering the time saved, it would probably switch from 20 combatants plus 40 stinkers to something more like 30 combatants with no stinkers.This would make this war triangle thing easier for them to do instead of meaning, perhaps, 216 or 324 SoD possibilities in a single game (obviously an impossible task with available resources).

Something like Brigandine's "Quests" would benefit any game with well over enough characters like the Suikodens, Chrono Cross, Dynasty Tacticses, Romance of the Three Kingdomses, etc. IMHO
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: