Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

War Triangle...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: War Triangle... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
I don't think we've seen this happen yet, which is surprising. So far it's been almost entirely one side vs another side. Suikoden 3 could be an exception, but all of that mess was to one side's benefit anyway. What do you think, could Hero 6 fend off a fight on two seperate fronts?

I hope something like that happens in the next game. There's still so much uncharted territory, runes, and loose ends in the series... and even though it doesn't seem like it's losing momentum and ending anytime soon I'd like to see things get even more solid than they already are and come together a little more.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like this idea of a war triangle. If Konami would get it right, it would definitely add to the fun factor to the war games. They have done a little of this in Suikoden III but they could expand that system into a bigger one. It would really be nice and it would be a lot more realistic for allies to help you in a war battle or two or more allied enemy armies would do a pincer attack on your own army or even three countries going at each other's throats at the same time. Maybe they could do some more improving on the war battles by making strategies to make your allied army stronger or to counter another allied army's tactics.

I would look forward to having this nice feature to be on future Suikoden games.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The biggest problem that I can see with the idea of a War Triangle is how to properly implement the concept into a good storyline. Storyline is the most important reason why I love Suikoden series so much. So it would be very challenging for Konami to come up with a good story that would involve the second enemy (which would be the third party).

Ideally for me, the main conflict in Suikoden games would be between two sides. One would be us, the "good people". The other one being the villain, which hopefully would be a grey villain. Now if we were to add a third party into the mix, it would be very difficult to implement them as another grey villain. Most likely than not, they would end up being a straight-forward evil villain that would like to conquer us. And I'm not going to enjoy it if they were to be an evil villain rather than a grey one.

Another problem with the idea of entering the third party in the middle of the story is that it might not seem realistic for us to be defeating two sides at full strength. The thing that I like about what we've seen so far is that the SoDs are the underdog. For the underdog to beat two sides that would most likely more than double the number of our own army, it wouldn't be too realistic by any means. This could end up hurting the product more than helping it to reach more success.

What I would like to see is instead for the story to start with a three-way conflict, but then ended up with a two-side conflict. So it would be more like say 3 tribes fighting one another, and the third tribe would end up defeated first and then split into two with some joining one side while the other joining the other side. But then again, that's just me.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that would be interesting but it my be viewed as over board by most. i would be fine with it but every battle couldnt be split into two fronts that would just get old and annoying quick

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Nines

Uno yo besuto washu!

76077 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dark-knight wrote:
Quote:

im guessing silverbergs are needed here

ot question:
are silverbergs the only family in the whole suikoden world who knows how to be a good strategist/tactician? why do people always say that? is it because their the only strategist family introduced in the series? cant the developers introduce someone new?

They're not, but they're easily the most famous in the known Suikoden world. Julian Silverberg single-handedly ended a war without killing anyone. From an in-universe perspective, for morale alone having someone with that kind of lineage is worth hundreds of troops.

They COULD introduce a new family, with some other equally impressive achievements to the stuff that Julian and everyone else down that line have done, but in doing so, you also diminish the value of what happened in Suikodens 1-4. To establish another family of equal value, you'd basically have to go around one-upping what you'd done in previous games, and that seems lame to me.
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It needn't be as simple as both being enemies. Look at the three kingdoms stuff. We have Liu Bei vs Cao Cao and at the same time the Quan family ally with whomever is best at furthering their cause as well as often turning on them with full force. No one is really good or evil either, just human.
jedc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would like to see a new country vs any countries in the past vs harmonia. lol
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden is about war, suikoden is about battle, suikoden is about struggle; Stars of Destiny are supposed to gain victory; what I would like to see is whether the game engine? is capable of processing more a complex storyline where Stars of Destiny are not fighting for the Tenkai cause but more the Tenkai fighting to help other Stars of Destiny fulfill their own destiny! So, be it war triangle, quad war, or multiple wars involved, I want to see if Suikoden can deliver even deeper story line. I mean, c'mon, Konami could always adopt loosely from other classics, like MahaBarata or Ramayana, right? Not just Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I like the idea of a multi-war era... perhaps where there are small wars fought while a much larger nation yet unheard of is slowly conquering lands towards our Tenkai... then when the Tenkai finally thinks things are going back to peaceful times... wham! This new juggernaut of strength shows up on their doorstep. There wouldn't even have to have all the stars recruited or even shown before the 2nd war stars. I'm thinking something like territorial skirmishes to unite a country from previous strife, then the other country coming in to try to take them down when they think them 'weak'.

It quite possibly could work, and a dumb question, but is there any restriction to having 2 sets of 108 around when a certain timeline is going? Perhaps have the player start as one, becoming the juggernaut country, and then switch over to the other for the 2nd half to show what happens when a Tenkai ruler misuses his power after he unifies a country.
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they should do what we all want them to do...The Scarlet Moon rebellion.

We should get to be Barbarosa as a young man and his uncle tries to kill him and he leads a rebellion to become emperor.

The story's already there, we all want to be able to use a rune to become a dragon (I know I do), could easily talk more about Ted, Windy, maybe even be able to be Teo as a younger man. Could also bring in more Pesmerga/Yuber which would make us all have wet dreams for weeks.
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Icegryphon":2mx28e6b]I think they should do what we all want them to do...The Scarlet Moon rebellion.

We should get to be Barbarosa as a young man and his uncle tries to kill him and he leads a rebellion to become emperor.

The story's already there, we all want to be able to use a rune to become a dragon (I know I do), could easily talk more about Ted, Windy, maybe even be able to be Teo as a younger man. Could also bring in more Pesmerga/Yuber which would make us all have wet dreams for weeks.

I dunno, I kinda like that idea, but then I realize the story has already been told. Even if it's just flashbacks and backtstory, it's been told in framework (of course not fleshed out). I'd rather they went on to something post 3. The history isn't as rich as much as empty, so I'd say the future is where it's at :P. I feel that playing a war that's already talked about and you know the outcome of doesn't really fit for a 'good' tale.
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want a lot of shit wrapped up.

1) Who are Jeane and Viki?
2) More about Harmonia...perhaps finally beat them?
3) More about Yuber/Pesmerga

To name a few. But yeah if you don't like the idea of being Barbarossa (which I really wanna be...) then could go NW to the nameless lands (north of grasslands) or could go to Armes. Or you could start in Harmonia and beat them.

I think they should definitely take a leaf out of Saga Frontier 2's book in that if they go into the future a ways, have you meet up with people you knew back in the day but they're old. That'd be fun. See where certain people are in 15-20 years.
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Icegryphon":30nvvmtk]I want a lot of shit wrapped up.

1) Who are Jeane and Viki?
2) More about Harmonia...perhaps finally beat them?
3) More about Yuber/Pesmerga

To name a few. But yeah if you don't like the idea of being Barbarossa (which I really wanna be...) then could go NW to the nameless lands (north of grasslands) or could go to Armes. Or you could start in Harmonia and beat them.

I think they should definitely take a leaf out of Saga Frontier 2's book in that if they go into the future a ways, have you meet up with people you knew back in the day but they're old. That'd be fun. See where certain people are in 15-20 years.

I'm with you on 1&3, but if I remember correctly, 3 gets wrapped up in whatever final Suikoden game comes out. (I guess the big battle has to do with theirs in some way?). I doubt Harmonia will be dealt with soon either, it took 3 games just to get an opener for that situation. Of course, with the new Suikoden staff, I doubt any of the stuff we want dealt with will actually be done. Though I could see them doing what you want with Barbarossa, since it's easy :P
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope there will be a war with three nations. And suddenly, a stronger army invades and then they cooperated with each other to defeat the enemy.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm, that's Suikoden III, almost. Except that it is a strong group, not an army.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: