Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox World Cup 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations Tintonians! I hope Zexen will fare well against Harmonia.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:

Quote:

Don't worry Darko, she's looooooong gone. Ley and I made sure of that...WITH THE CLAMPS! CLAMPITTY CLAMP!

*cackles* That'll learn her not to mess with Darko-chan!!

And I'm loving the match write ups! Good job and congrats to the winners! :mrgreen:

*goes back to watching Mexico Vs. Iran*

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I enjoyed that thuroughly even though we lost. Hey PF, at least we kept it to a one goal deficit. Good game Tinto, we'll see you again when we get out of group A.

Heh, playing the favorites in the first match, lucky us.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woo! Wanted to express my satisfaction. Tinto's going all the way. Woo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And we're back, folks, for some more World Cup action! Today's other Group A game was played between Scarlet Moon and the Island Nations. Let's see how that turned out.

Scarlet Moon versus Island Nations

Welcome to Middleport's Reinbach Memorial Grounds for todays second Group A match. Both teams will be hoping for a big win to take them ahead of Tinto who won earlier today so let's take a look at their line-ups.

Scarlet Moon Empire
Milich Oppenheimer
Elzamine, zeal, Boogeyman5870, Assistant to Milich
Sai Fujiwara, Keriaku, Yvl
Parallax, Himuro, Sierra Mikain

Going for a stable 4-3-3, Scarlet Moon won't be shy on scoring goals. If they can keep that balance implied in their line-up in their play, it could lead to success.

Island Nations Federation
Njord
Ninjar, Felipe, Futch, Jorge Prima, St. Ajora
Existence of Fly, Leb, Krawnik
Adrian Magicent, Skald Egan

With a 5-3-2 formation, it seems the Island Nations are hoping for defensive stability without making too great a sacrifice on attacking power. Except Skald Egan to make an impact here.

00: Scarlet Moon win the coin toss and choose to play from left to right in the first half. The whistle blows, Parallax passes to Himuro and the match begins!

07: Fujiwara's on the half-way line with the ball. Prima coming out to intercept, but a quick pass to Parallax leaves him out of position as another pass to Sierra Mikain gives the striker plenty of space to move down the wing. He's met by Ajora at the edge of the box but manages to cross it in. Himuro rises for the header! It connects... oh! Nice save by Njord!

12: It's Ninjar with the ball. Back to Leb. Leb moving up to midfield, gives it to Krawnik. Over to Skald Egan now. He quickly moves past Yvl and now he's closing in on the goal mouth, he's looking for support but it's nowhere to be found. Zeal quickly slides in and takes the ball with Elzamine clearing it out.

19: Now, it's Boogeyman just outside the Scarlet Moon box. Long pass up to Keriaku on the wing who knocks it to the opposite wing to Mikain. Parallax is heavily marked as he moves towards the box with Futch quickly approaching Mikain. Ball is knocked forward to Parallax who manages to graze it with his head causing it to land to the feet of Himuro aaaand... it's in! Himuro blasting it into the center of the net, Njord sprawling back but failing to get a touch! Scarlet Moon 1, Island Nations 0!

24: It's Fujiwara, over to Yvl. He passes past Fly on the wing, crosses it over outside the box. Parallax and Felipe both go up for the header... Cleared by the Island Nations as the ball bounces out to Ninjar.

35: It's Futch pushing forward with the ball now, seemingly like a man possessed. He manages to make it past Sai Fujiwara before knocking it down the wing to Magicent but the Scarlet Moon defense is quickly closing in... He goes for a desperate shot from 35 yards out but it never troubles Milich Oppenheimer in goal.

38: Island Nations are moving forward, Magicent breaking Keriaku. Elzamine moves forward to intercept, Magicent quickly passes over to Leb. Leb runs forward with the ball, unchallenged, he's just outside the box. He crosses, Egan comes in and controls the ball, he shoots! And it's in!!! Skald Egan equalises for the Island Nations! 1-1 with 7 minutes to go in the first half!

44: Scarlet Moon are pushing forward to try and regain their lead now. It's Fujiwara with the ball, passing it across to Sierra Mikain, who is having a quiet game today, back to Fujiwara. He's moving down near the box... No, the move is snuffed out thanks to Prima.

45: And the referee blows for half-time. The score here in Middleport after 45 minutes: Scarlet Moon 1, Island Nations 1.

It's a very close game so far, no team really dominating over the other. Adding to that, no team has shown any glaring weaknesses so far, it'll be interesting to see how the second half develops.

If the score stays the same, Tinto will be on top of their group after the first day.

45: No substitutions as we return to the field for the start of the second half. However, the Island Nations team looks a bit more focused, save for Futch, who looks out of breath. Meanwhile, Scarlet Moon look as determined as ever, as they take up positions for the start of the second half.

48: The Island Nations look pacier as they settle into the second half. Krawnik pushes forward before giving it to Leb. He makes to pass it to Skald Egan, forcing Zeal to move but, wait, what a dummy that was! Leb continues to rush forward he crosses it in to Adrien Magicent. No, it passes over him to the feet of Egan! He shoots and... it's well over the bar. Poor finishing of what could have been a vital goal for the Island Nations.

59: The Island Nations are just in the Scarlet Moon side of the pitch but can't seem to break through. Wait... Leb is trying to get through, and... Oh! A free kick to the Island Nations, a pretty bad tackle by Zeal and... Yes, it's a yellow card. He'll have to be careful now.

61: Magicent to take the free kick. He's not going to try and shoot from here, is he? No, he quickly passes it to Egan instead, the defense moves forward anticipating a strike but it's quickly back to Magicent who shoots! Oh, that's well wide! Poor shot but he didn't have much time to shoot either.

72: Assistant to Milich, who has made no impact on the game, has been taken off. Kornholio is coming on to bolster the Scarlet Moon attack with about twenty minutes left.

76: The Island Nations are calling for a substitution of their own in response. Tobias Amherst for Futch, who seems to want to spend the rest of the game coaching from the sidelines. This enhances the Island Nations attack.

84: Island Nations lanuch a ball forward to Egan but the Scarlet Moon defense quickly smothers the attack, clearing the ball out of their half of the field. However, Amherst quickly regains possession.

86: Now, it's Ajora just outside the Island Nations box. Long pass up to Existence of Fly on the wing who knocks it to the opposite wing to Krawnik. Egan is heavily marked as he moves towards the box. Krawnik decides to go it alone, pushing past Keriaku before trying to pass it to a free Amherst but the ball is intercepted by Fujiwara and suddenly the momentum has changed!

87: It's Fujiwara going forward and blistering pace! He crosses it to Parallax just as Ajora goes in for a strong tackle. Referee is playing advantage as Parallax squeezes past Jorge Prima, he's in the box... he's going for it! He shoots! And... Oh! So close! Njord palms it away! Himuro running in for the rebound... No! Cleared by a pacy Felipe! Very lucky for the Island Nations!

90: And the final whistle blows here in Razril. The final score from Middleport is this: Scarlet Moon 1, Island Nations 1. Both sides probably wanted more, but it seems a fair result.

This match, of course, pushes Tinto to the top of Group A. However, the result of the Scarlet Moon-Island Nations match could put that in doubt.

Scarlet Moon's next match will be against the Kooluk on the 14th. And it'll be a vital one if Scarlet Moon hope to progress beyond the group stages. On that same day, the Island Nations will play Tinto, most likely a much more difficult game for the home nation.

Tomorrow will see Group B get underway as Falena prepare to take on the City States of Jowston while the Zexen Confederacy are hoping to shock, big time, against the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia.

Until then, this has been Soccer Sheriff, John Layfield! Good fight, good night!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now we have to wait for the lazy bum to post the results to our match.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What was that? :|

EDIT: Ah, Group A table at the end of Day 1...

One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Talk about bad timing.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a draw! This should make things interesting in group A, well at least for second and third place.

The first yellow card was drawn as well. There goes the Fair play title for Scarlet Moon. Will be there be a Fair-play title by the way?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, don't see why not.

The site ( http://www.theirstar.com/worldcup.htm ) has been updated slightly.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, now that I see all the holes in the SME strategy I know exactly how to beat them. Thanks for the detailed results Layfield. I'll see you wednesday Parallax.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking forward to the next match! The draw certainly helps us.

*shines up his striking boots*
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

koikuro wrote:
so can we (jowston) expect the highlights to our game with falena tomorrow?

You can expect a royal Queendom whoop-ass. ;)

I'm kidding. <3

Anyway, congrats to Group A, especially Tinto. :p The tie will certainly make things fun.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar wrote:
Now we have to wait for the lazy bum to post the results to our match.

"save for Futch, who looks out of breath"

You didnt give him a beer before the match did you? Tell me you didnt choose to exclude me if you did.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a few to our success. Futch said something about toasting a keg to our first match. I suppose the problem is we didn't do it together. Team unity is important. Well, Ajora would have to be left out. I'd just give her fondue or something. Everyone else can toast to our success. Njord can have milk too I suppose. Dunno about Krawnik either. He doesn't seem to care much for drinking either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: