Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox World Cup 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Suikox World Cup 2006 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We all know the nations of the Suikoden world like nothing better than a good game of soccer, right? So, in honour of the 2006 World Cup, we'll be having a good ol' international tournament of our own.

Here's how it goes.

Entering Your Nation

Each nation, if they decide to enter, will decide upon a coach. The coach basically gets as much leverage as they want in choosing a team.

Once a nation has decided that they wish to enter, just have the coach or other high ranking member of that nation, confirm it here.

Picking Your Squad

From there, it's a matter of picking 16 members to form a squad out of.

Each squad must be formed thusly.

2 Goalkeepers
The goalkeeper tends goal, obviously. And as such is one of the most important members of your team. Only one goalkeeper is on the field at a time, of course.

When considering your goalkeepers you'll want to consider their SKL and MDF stats. The higher the better.

4 Defenders
The last line of defense on the field. The defenders role is to make sure the opposition don't get through to force a one-on-one situation with the goalkeeper.

When trying to decide on your defenders, going for those with high STR and DEF will be key.

4 Midfielders
As the name implies, midfielders tend to stay in the middle of the field, forming a vital link between attack and defense. Without the midfield, counter attacking would prove most difficult.

Midfielders, due to their role, tend to work best with high SKL and SPD stats.

4 Strikers
A vital component of any team. The striker's aim is to score, as often as possible, in order to ensure your team the victory. They'll quickly become the stars of your team.

If you want plenty of goals (and you do), strong HP and STR will be vital.

Along with those, you can choose two more players of any position to round the number.

The reason for this is to give coaches some room for tactical tinkering in order to improve the team.

Choosing A Starting Line-Up

Before each match (Coaches will be PM'ed beforehand), a team of 11 players will be chosen. 1 Goalkeeper and 10 others. The 10 can be arranged in any combination of the above positions as the coach wishes.

Along with that, the coach will also be given a list of options to further tinker with their teams strategy, in order to try and gain an edge against their opponents.

Tournament Layout

Depending on the number of enteries, the tournament will likely be played in a round robin format before progressing to a series of play-offs.

Prize Money

Depending on how well a team fares, prize money may be deposited directly into the 'Bank' account of the nation in question.

So, if you're interested, or have any questions, post them here and I'll answer them as best you can. Get crackin', kids.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, Hopefully we at Kooluk have enough members to join ^^

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Several nations have NPCs. Are they allowed to be on the teams?

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NPC's are allowed, yes. So the Milich Oppenheimer's of this world can take to the field if their coach decides to field them.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Milich Oppenheimer would dirty himself playing such a "barbaric" sport. Then again I wouldn't mind seeing him in shorts ^^

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that'll be a fun image for me to draw up for match reports. :P I demand Scarlet Moon select Milich!

Looking at the Kooluk roster, they have a good chance of fielding a strong team should they enter.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might have completely missed it if it's mentioned in the first post, but how do we exactly play 'soccer' here? I mean, how are you going to determine who wins and who loses?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, yes, right. Basically a few folks from the old Dragonball forums I used to frequent are letting me use a script formerly used for such fantasy sports.

I got the idea when I was looking at script, being high on World Cup fever as it were, and I realised that the stats used here corrosponded well to the stats used for the script.

Basically, it'll read the stats I input and send out around 15-30 lines of match information. Basic stuff. I'll take that and jazz it up slightly, so it isn't just "70 - Black Pesmerga hard tackle on Username. Yellow card." and post it here.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am there. No way I could sit this one out.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any deadline for entering by the way? Jowston haven't even decided who would be the coach yet. Mwahhahaa.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, no real deadline. Some nations will take longer to choose these things than others, so I'm giving some room to breath in order to have as many nations as possible represented.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will we be allowed to have player/coaches?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good question. I've been pondering this, hoping it wouldn't come up just yet. A testament to my master planning.

I'll say.... phewwwwww, yes. But I officially discourage it. After all, everyone being a player-coach rubs me the wrong way, but if I said no, outright, it could lead to 'puppet' coaches.

"Hey, this guy who joined in 2004, never visited again, and has 0 posts is our coach and he asked me to send all the orders!"
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Player-coach is a good idea IMO. A coach needs to be generally active, and a generally active member would have good stats. If coach cannot play, then the nation would lose 1 good player. Not to mention that a nation barely has 16 active members to begin with. So player-coach would be a good idea.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do the Merc's play? Can we pick up Merc's to play for our team? I don't want Sars missing out on all the fun... Perhaps if a Merc wishes to participate they should contact a nation for whom they wish to play and see if they have a spot open on their roster for someone not of their homeland?

So the games are run just like duels are but to a different end result. And with penalties. Will there be any need for the coaches to have play calling. Is their a stat that helps a coach make good decisions on the field, like Karma or Magic(since magic takes intellegence and they are associated thusly)? Looks fun JL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: