Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it finally time to have more than one True Rune?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Is it finally time to have more than one True Rune? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've noticed that on the recent Suikoden games(Suikoden IV and V to be exact) there has been only one True Rune presented to us per game. There's even a lack of previously known True Runes, except for the Souleater in IV, but that didn't take part with the story.

I'd like to see more than one True Rune have a place on the story. Maybe not like in Suikoden III, where most of the True Runes didn't get too much emphasis place on them, it was more on the people who had them.

What do you guys think of this?
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think three True Runes is a good number. Perhaps 2 new and an old one would be acceptable. Add some intrigue and sate the hunger for power by way of True Runes. Hopefully the next Suikoden will find this balance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I agree that they should find a balance with this. I actually like th idea of having two new True Runes and one old one. It definitely has a lot of possibilities.

The could add the Star Dragon Sword and Zerase in the same game. That would surely be very interesting I think. There's a lot they can do with some of the old True Runes I think. And I'm sure most fans will be satisfied with finding about an old True Rune, while at the same time discovering a new one.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to know if Geddoe ever figured out what he wanted to do with his Rune - because from the ending it gives you in Suikoden III, he's trying to choose between continuing to live with that rune or going the way of the First Flame Champion and giving up to live a normal life - you know, that whole going out and living thing as opposed to just surviving. So yes, the True Lightning Rune would have to be in there.

Me myself, I think it's enough that only one True Rune is involved in every story, with side mentions of others - I think one might try to pack in too much into one story if you make more than one True Rune the focus of the story.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um 5 had 2 true runes.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I'd rather there be as few true runes per game as possible. Less runes per game means more games. Though I am fairly sure that the finale will feature all 27 of them.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ryanwh wrote:
Um 5 had 2 true runes.

As far as I'm remembering, V only had one True Rune - the Sun rune. The Rune of Condemnation was a junior Rune of Punishment and not a true Rune. Also, [spoiler]neither the Dawn Rune nor the Twilight Runes were True Runes - merely offshoots of the Sun Rune. Also, there's no appearnce of the Night Rune [aka the Star Dragon Sword] - Zerase mentions that if she [did] have it, it would make her job a lot easier. On top of that, Zerase's rune, the Star Rune, is an offshoot of the Night Rune. [/spoiler]

Someone let me know if I missed any Runes in the game that can possibly be mistaken as True Runes?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, try the hero and bodygaurd's. You know, the two main characters?
Spoiler below, highlight to see:
Dawn and Twilight? Then of course there's the very real possibility that Zerase's Moon Rune was a true rune as well. That would make 3 playable runes for this game in addition to the sun rune.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dawn and Twilight are not True Runes. They are runes from the severed bond that held the Night and Sun Runes together.

Zerase's Star Rune is not a True Rune. It's a unique rune, yes. But it's not a True Rune.

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, ryanwh, those weren't really True Runes. Spoilerage(Please highlight!)--------> The Dawn and Twilight Runes aren't real True Runes. They are offshoots of the Sun and Night Rune if I remember correctly. I believe you can read somewhere in the game that the Night Rune and Sun Rune used to be closely related. But the Night Rune got tired of it and severed its ties with the Sun Rune by becoming a sword. When they got separated, the Dawn and Twilight Runes were born.(Please someone correct this info if it's wrong, my memory is a piece of crap). So, these runes may be unique, but Tru Runes they are not. And the Star Rune that Zerase had(not Moon Rune) was a "child of the Night Rune", as was stated in the game.<----------End Spoilerage!
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if there has been a lack of True Runes in any of the games. In each game there has been at least 3 True Runes presence in some way, shape or form. I don't see any reason why this needs to change. One new True Rune per game is more than enough as long as there is some consistency in plot and the others are not forgotten.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I don't know if there has been a lack of True Runes in any of the games. In each game there has been at least 3 True Runes presence in some way, shape or form. I don't see any reason why this needs to change. One new True Rune per game is more than enough as long as there is some consistency in plot and the others are not forgotten.

I agree that having one True Rune per game may be enough to make a good story. But I believe that if they involve at least another True Rune in the story, they could make something very interesting. For example, if both the enemy and your army had a True Rune(and I don't mean powerful True Rune components or unique runes like the ones mentioned before) there could be some sort of balance in power and the war in the game could get to be much more difficult for the characters. If the War is more diffcult for your army, then you and your strategist would have to think of ways to overcome said difficulties. What's more, there could be many other ways they could spice up the story with more than one True Rune.

It's just something different, that if don well, could make for a very interesting story for a Suikoden game.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having two true runes would allow for a better story if it would be done right. The story could even revolve around the idea of needing to get a true rune to stop an invading army that already posses one. The lacking army knows that the most they can do against the invading force would be to stall out until they can procure a true rune of their own. After they get one they take the fight to the enemy and then that would lead up the confrontation between the two true rune bearers. Of course other scenarios are more likely but that would be one way to throw two true runes into one conflict.

Getting through all 27 true runes would take a whopping 27 games at the rate of one rune a game. That's not a bad thing but having to go though 27 games before you really get the chance to find out all true runes is a long wait. If they introduce two or even three runes in a game or two down the line that would give more options for later games. Even when all of the 27 true runes are identified they can still use them for the stories and then we might see some major battles and conflicts driven by their powers.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeh I think I like 2 or 3 true runes at least per game, maybe not as the center of attention, but at least mentioned somewhere. Having the opposing army in control of one could be interesting as well.

I have to agree with Malt though, even after all the runes are introduced, if the series is still going strong, it'd be easy to bring back already used runes. Especially runes that have and may possibly lose their current bearer.

-My DeviantArt-
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally would love to have at least 3 True Runes in a game as it would probably add to the games depth and story. If they could be used in battle that would be a really good plus just like in Suikoden 3 with The True elemental runes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: