Suikoden Unique and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"OZ" Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: "OZ" Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami is going to show a new game now called OZ at TGS. The cool thing is that people who worked on Suikoden 3, will work on OZ.

IGN link here http://ps2.ign.com/articles/547/547150p1.html?fromint=1
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah i just saw that on magic box. I wonder what it is? a rpg?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the one screenshot they have sure makes it look like an RPG... but let us wait for more info, i say.

All the way to the edge of this world
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Magic Box is calling it an action title.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was something else under the title "Oz," that someone was raving about on their blog. Whether or not it was a game, anime or random fanwork/show, I'm not sure.

However I'm curious as to what this game will be about and hope some of you will keep tabs on it since I'll forget by the morning. :D

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Errr.. I tried to figure out if I liked the game just by looking at the one screenshot,,but I'm still undecided.
I will have to think on this awhile.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin wrote:
There was something else under the title "Oz," that someone was raving about on their blog. Whether or not it was a game, anime or random fanwork/show, I'm not sure.

However I'm curious as to what this game will be about and hope some of you will keep tabs on it since I'll forget by the morning. :D

maybe, Oz is a show on HBO (a movie channle)...don't get the station anymore but its about prision or somthing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could be. I didn't really see much else on the person's site than they're saying how great Oz is. :) AND I no longer have HBO at home, or cable/digital cable at home for that matter, and I'm now living in a dinky dorm. ;D Yay for the 'net.

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oz? As in Toto and Tin-man?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saben wrote:
Oz? As in Toto and Tin-man?

Yeah!
Now that would be a game.

Play as either Dorthy, Tin-man, Lion, or Scarecrow!

They also each come with an assortment of attacks:

Dorthy: -Rabid Toto lunge(get power-ups to make Toto's attacks even stronger)
- Picnic basket buffet(a serious barrage of hits using dorthy's picnic basket)
[Special Attack]- The ever powerful "There's no place like home" heel click(to be instantly transported out of harms way).

Tin-man: -Black gold(Douse enemies with a Tin-man's never ending supply of petroleum, and light 'em up)
[Special Attack]- The Joyous Massacre(Get heart power-ups to perform a jubilant annihilation of all enemies on screen, as Tin-man does a happy dance of carnage)

Lion: -Cowardly Sprint(Get your meter bar full by taking enough enemy hits, then run away from trouble in a fear induced dash)
[Special Attack] -Feline Frenzy(Get courage power-ups to savagely tear into enemies, ripping them asunder)

Scarecrow: -Flaming Straw(Ignite the ends of your arms and feet, and then use flaming punches and kicks to combat enemies)
[Special Attack] -Cerebral Empowerment(Keep getting power-ups to make Scarecrow smarter. The smarter he gets, the more tricks and traps he will have at his disposal to ensnare enemies)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Screw that. If they were going to do a game about that Oz, it oughtta be about Return to Oz. Tick-Tock was badass.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picnic Basket Buffet seriously sounds as though it would be a healing action instead of an attack. :wink:

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flaming Straw would have to do damage to self.... and Scarecrow should have a unite with Tin-man's Black Gold but Scarecrow takes damage. If Picnic Basket Buffet became a healing action, that group of 4 would make a decent group of heroes: healer, tank, wizard (scarecrow) and fighter.... not bad. :D

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin wrote:
Picnic Basket Buffet seriously sounds as though it would be a healing action instead of an attack. :wink:

Yeah, if you use buffet to mean a counter with an array of food on it, then yeah it would probably be a healing action.

I used the buffet that means to strike repeatedly, but I guess the definition about food is probably a more well known meaning. :)
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well my initial thought was the $20 sushi buffet they have at a place called Tokyo Cafe in Brooklyn so you'll have to excuse me. :wink: Plus you put it with picnic baskets, how can't you think food? :mrgreen: That and I was starving at the moment when I read it and couldn't eat anything but applesauce since my Uni's cafeteria doesn't open until 4:30PM (and I don't feel like using money if I have paid for food already ;P)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: