Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Theory about lesser runes and agelessness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Theory about lesser runes and agelessness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i've been thinking. All true runes are suppose to have the power to grant agelessness right? And lesser runes are basically true runes that have a fraction of a true runes power. So couldn't it be possible that lesser runes have some ability to slow down the aging process? And maybe its possible to completely stopthe aging process if you have many lesser runes attached to your body.

We have seen countless mages who have lived for so long and yet does not seem to age. Maybe thins might even be the reason for Jeane living so long
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i don't think so. True Runes Grant Agelessness may be caused by the fact that they run the Suikoverse. Lesser runes do NOT rule the multiverse as their GOD counterparts, so they most definitely can't give the power of agelessness. Remmeber the True Runes govern the world's order for eons. So by sharing the power of something that lives long and remains the same, will also give you that power.

As for the aglessness of some magicians, it may be related to Sorcery, which is far different from Rune Magic, which is only available to the most talented magicians, while runes enable normal people to use magic through this medium. Some more talented with runes than the rest, but doesn't mean they can't acquire sorcery.

Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

probably though....
maybe the lesser runes could make the bearer younger to die, like Simeon, if they use it over and over or too much....
and maybe Jeane's Charm Rune has something to do with it?? :?
just a thought though.... :roll:
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Simeon was a very powerful magician - I don't think his young appearance was any reflection to what runes he had on him. He didn't say he had an extended life (unless I read the sentence wrong) but that his appearance didn't reflect his old age.

Jeanne is a special case and the reason for her apparent agelessness will not be down to having a rune on her for X amount of time.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UGH. Unless suikoden five has exposed Jeane's background I'm sticking with the theory that they are all different Jeanes, as inferred by one of the creators of the series.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the Bright Shield and Black Sword don't grant agelessness or a reduced aging speed then I doubt regular runes would.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
As for the aglessness of some magicians, it may be related to Sorcery, which is far different from Rune Magic, which is only available to the most talented magicians, while runes enable normal people to use magic through this medium. Some more talented with runes than the rest, but doesn't mean they can't acquire sorcery.

Aha but it could be through rune magic that they're so powerful and don't age. ;) It's hard to say really.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
If the Bright Shield and Black Sword don't grant agelessness or a reduced aging speed then I doubt regular runes would.

Do we know that the Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune don't? We didn't get a chance to find out with Riou and Jowy, who weren't old enough to have that benefit. Did Genkaku and Cunningham seal the runes, like Wyatt? They aged... Although, Riou and Jowy did get the runes, so were they sealed?

I never thought about this before...

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
Aha but it could be through rune magic that they're so powerful and don't age. Wink It's hard to say really.

Well, it could be. But not all people who live nearly forever may have a True Rune... Like Jeane, for example. It's either she might have sorcery for that purpose or is, in fact, not human. But let's not talk about her...

I was just saying that Rune Magic and Sorcery are different, and one may not stem the same effects as the other...

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
Fudozukushi wrote:

Do we know that the Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune don't? We didn't get a chance to find out with Riou and Jowy, who weren't old enough to have that benefit. Did Genkaku and Cunningham seal the runes, like Wyatt? They aged... Although, Riou and Jowy did get the runes, so were they sealed?

I never thought about this before...

Actually Vertius, Konami has stated that Riou and Jowy will die like normal people, unless of course you get the bad ending where the rune of beginning attaches itself entirely to Riou.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorcery and Rune magic are most definately two different things. A true rune may grant eternal life to the bearer or whatever but sorcery can counter death all together, or thats at least what I got out of Mazus and Crowley's rebirth type thing. In any case I doubt that lesser runes can slow the ageing process down. I agree in the theory that the agelessness has something to do with the True Rune governing the world.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Actually Vertius, Konami has stated that Riou and Jowy will die like normal people, unless of course you get the bad ending where the rune of beginning attaches itself entirely to Riou.

Really? Wow, you could be studying Suikoden for years, and then find out little things like that...

Anyway, yes, I'd imagine sorcery is different, albeit subtlely, to True Runes. Powerful sorcery may be able to utilise power from ordainary runes that normal people can't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: