Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Piece of the Puzzle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Piece of the Puzzle Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knew what the ending of Suikoden 3 was, yet I had never gotten to it until yesterday. Now the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place.

The True Runes didn't give off the vision of the grey world because it was fated to happen. They gave the vision in the desperate attempt to save the world. Luc is a key piece in this puzzle, but isolation and Leknaat's constant manipulation became his downfall.

Though he did die in Suikoden 3, I don't think that Luc is completely out of the game yet. The True Wind Rune is still attached to his soul. It will show up again eventually. How it will make its appearance is a mystery, but I have a cool animated music video idea to go with a theory I have.(you'll have to wait :P)

Furthermore, everyone says that Sasarai is the elder brother, but I believe it is Luc who is the older of the two. Luc is the prototype. He was a test that was deemed a failure by Harmonia, and was put into isolation. This would explain why Luc's rune is attached to his soul and not his body like Sasarai's is, although, because of how Sasarai was created, the True Earth Rune may attach itself to his soul much like the True Wind Rune did to Luc.

I'm surprised that no one noticed that Yuber is also a piece of the puzzle. We would mostly be like the upper-right hand corner piece. Yuber is Chaos. Pesmerga is also a key piece, for he is mostly assossiated with Dharma(order). These two must fight a battle to the death. A battle where it is fated that Yuber will lose.

Hikusaak is also waiting for this battle. A world reigned predominately by Dharma would be the most ideal environment for the Circle Rune, the rune of constant. I speculate he will have a hand in the final battle.

I do not believe the world will become barren when Yuber is killed. What will happen is Yuber, as his last act of chaos, will force his rune upon Pemserga, therefor creating a chain reaction that sets a cycle into motion. This cycle will ensure that the world will stay balanced. The True Runes did not see this because it has never happened before. It is highly likely that many lives will be lost in this battle, but in the end, the world will save itself.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I like that last scenario you described; made for an interesting thought to say the least. Although I don't know how likely it would be for Konami to do that (probably not very - there are thousands of ways they could end the series or they may just let it die off by itself when it doesn't sell... who knows which they'll do ;P 'Though I'd honestly hope if the series died off they would give the fans closure by printing a publication in ENGLISH, too, describing what happens after the games are through).

Though he did die in Suikoden 3, I don't think that Luc is completely out of the game yet. The True Wind Rune is still attached to his soul. It will show up again eventually. How it will make its appearance is a mystery, but I have a cool animated music video idea to go with a theory I have.(you'll have to wait :P)

That doesn't look much like a Razz but that's besides the point. Wait for you to make the cool animated music video or to give your theory? :mrgreen:

My understanding of Luc is pretty shallow. I never paid much attention to him outside of Suikoden III (and a little in Suikoden I when he appeared in the beginning with his Golem, that's about it!). However, now I wish I had, it sounds like there's quite some potential in his story. Keep writing, I find this interesting :wink: You know, your theories, yes?

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll be a while before the animation is complete. I should be starting it as soon as I get my pegbar. The song that goes with the animation is about five minutes long, but it has very good ambience.

I will also be making another animation, but this one will be about Luc's vision of the grey world and the upper-right hand piece of the puzzle that pretty much eluded everyone.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a little detail to bring into consideration.

Dharma does not mean Order.

Dharma has two meanings, one being simply the teachings of Buddha, "the writings".
The other is simply "the way things are", "the laws of nature", which by concept, comprehend both order and chaos.

One can only guess how did the storywriters(or translators) manage to screw up like that..

All the way to the edge of this world
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the storywriters/translators could've simply just been sloppy when they managed to "screw that up." I don't usually pay attention to translation errors since, quite honestly, I can read only about 25 Japanese words and that's it. >P My first language is supposedly Polish and then English ('though I'm pretty much illiterate in Polish o.o;;...) so my comprehension of the original versions of games would be pretty poor at best. x_x

Hmm, well Queen I hope you'll pull through with that project you've set up for yourself. Sounds like it'll definitely be worth looking into. :) I'd try something like that but I'm still trying to teach myself to draw better (or practice makes perfect type motto?) and am currently trying to find material for my potential first ever cosplay (yes, Suikoden). Meep, so best of luck with your animation & music video! Keep me updated ^^

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gmm..wow.

well if the way things are is the enemy of the way things aren't. Isn't that almost the same thing?

prehaps in the end the way things are "is bad" and Yuber is fixing it.

if the TWR is part of Lucs soul, aren't they almost one and the same?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basically, and because of this, Harmonia tossed him asside and went for Sasarai.

It seems pretty clear that Yuber is destined to lose to Pesmerga. But as a last act of chaos, Yuber would probably force his Rune onto Pesmerga, therefore, creating a neverending cycle that will keep the world in balance.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair, are you implying that perhaps Luc's personality isn't his own but actually the personification of the True Wind itself? Or a mesh between both of their own ideas running through the same body?

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just like O' Mally the AI on Red vs Blue. :lol:

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber needn't really lose to Pesmerga. I mean- he isn't the source of Chaos on earth, he's just used as a literary device to represent it. Likewise, Chaos doesn't neccesarilt have to cave to "Dharma", or Order, or whatever. It's like light and darkness, it's all relative. Without Chaos, there's no way to determine what is orderly. We can only tell what's orderly because we have so much chaos to contrast it with.

I think Yuber and Pesmerga are more likely to destroy each other- not to symbolize that Order and Chaos will destroy each other- more to show that the two forces can't compete with each other- they have to coexist- they are equal. And while equals in nature coexist, equals in battle kill each other.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The reason I say that Yuber will probably lose to Pesmerga is the fact that Luc sees the grey world.

It is very plausable that Yuber is in fact the source of chaos. His rune seems to support this fact. However, it's still in the air.

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc sees the grey world, sure, but he also says it's the ending desired by the True Wind Rune, not the definite outcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: