Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Some System Changes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Some System Changes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I removed all nation system related input from the "Profile" section to reduce clutter and to separate non-nation system specific info from those that are specific to the nation system.

Information such as your current region of residence (formerly "location"), regiment name, tactics, and region investment will now be controlled through the "Nation System Profile Editor" which you can access through the Nation System link at the top of each page.

In addition to all this, you will be able to edit your "Beginning of battle speech," "Victory Speech" and "Defeat Speech." This MIGHT get incorporated from phase 11, but I am not sure yet. It will work much like how it is in Suikoden, where units say stuff before battle like , "We can't lose!" etc. This will be used with the war battle output to add some more flavor to the battles.

The field accepts up to 255 characters, and I expect people to use this in a tasteful manner. Don't use it to piss other people off. If you do you'll face some creative consequences.

Also, you can now read "nation profiles" through the region list. This gives you the total numbers of soldiers, along with total base regiment numbers, and averages for each region stat. I have no idea how these can be useful, but I made it for the heck of it.

Bye.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you very much, Sars. It IS less cluttery now. We'll make sure to try to use our speeches more... conservatively this time. Of course, some might do it for their own enjoyment.

Keep it up with the changes! They're all good! :mrgreen:

*makes tentative list of random words to say*

QUESTION: do we need to add quotation marks in our speeches? I'd like to ask that, just so it won't look akward if they WILL have those preset quotations... Imagine ""Arrgh!!!"" on a battle report... :|

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I'll add quotation marks through the program. It's best to not use any quotation marks at all.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was logged out after making up a new speach for the different events and I was told something like I should contact you or Axiose via PM since I have changed something important or something... Sorry for this description, but I hope you know what I did wrong.

The Fool
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I changed it so the sciprt shouldn't log you out now.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still getting logged out when I make changes at the moment Sars.

Nice touch, it makes the battles seem a little more personal in some ways, good addition.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Works fine for me. Thanks for putting this together Sars!

Is the avatar a representation of you?

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice addition. I was also able to added my little speeches without any problems.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It still logs you out? wtf. Well, I'll see what's causing it. It doesn't log me out, and Sarstest doesn't get logged out either. Odd.

And yeah, my new avatar represents me.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I must be blind, cause I don't see anything new in the profile. I see things were removed, but no where to add any new text.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look at the Nation System link and then choose the new link at the top there Nation System profile. That's the new stuff.

Yep just checked again I'm not going crazy, as soon as I submit the changes I go to the confirmed page and by looking at the messages bit it says Log in to check new messages so I'm logged off before I get back to the forum index.

Maybe one of my text entries is too long and it's messing things up, I'll check that now.

Nope, all easily within regulation length.

Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The last time I changed something there it doesn't they I was logged out... I just saw that Zexen wasn't there anymore and I was indeed logged out again... :?

The Fool
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally, the mighty Booze Men shall make their voices heard.
Actually, just mine will be heard, drunken zombie pirates really don't talk that much...
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey in the Nations Profile, there is a number in the top of the screen. Is that the Potch of the nation?

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty sure it isn't since I don't think it adds up right for Tinto's after a quick glance at both the number you mean and the potch we have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: