Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

hide the true runes existance??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: hide the true runes existance?? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey ive been wondering this whole time . luc possessed the wind rune since at birth right ?? then y is it that we couldnt use his true rune at suiko 1 and 2 .. and the weird thing is that you can put w/e runes you want on his right arm.. but isnt the trie wind rune equuped at his right arm???? how odd.. any speculation would do.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He used his true rune in II. I think they just equipped his true rune to his right hand for gameplay purposes, but in reality, the rune was inside of him, as part of himself.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he kept it hidden like how geddoe kept his true rune hidden up until a certain point in his chapter 3.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He also used the rune in Suikoden I.

It's gameplay mechanics, don't bother trying to logically apply it to the story.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah they probably only decided to give him the true rune until 2/3.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, he used the True Wind Rune in Suikoden I. It's a localisation error that it's only called the Wind Rune in the translation.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right I'm sure that Konami meant for Luc to have the True Wind Rune from the beginning. If you remember he used the True Rune on Magicians Island in the first Suikoden as Johy Layfield has already said. Then again in Suikoden II when battling Sassari in one of the strategic battles, and of course in Suikoden III. So I think it is safe to say that Luc was meant to have the True Wind Rune from the beginning.
ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm never thought of it that way . i guess i was jsut confused =_= but yea.. thanks
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's about the same thing as Geddoe possessing the True Lightning Rune but choosing to use a lesser Lightning Rune instead, mostly to hide the fact that he possessed such a powerful Rune in the first place. It was probably especially necessary for Geddoe since he was working for Harmonia. I doubt that the Harmonians would have been incredibly comfortable with leaving that particular Rune in Geddoe's hands.

That's about the only way I could think of to explain it via story terms. Like John Layfield said, it's mostly a gameplay mechanic, and so there's not necessarily a strict storyline explanation for it, other than the various dangers of people knowing you possess True Runes. Windy might have been after Luc if she had known!

Luc possessed the True Wind Rune the entire time, though. I'd forgotten about him using it in Suikoden I, but he definitely uses it in II to defeat Sasarai. Obviously, he has it in 3.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: