Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Draft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: NBA Draft Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, normally I'm not such a big follower of basketball. I do enjoy the game and watching it, but I don't follow it the same way that I do hockey. However, I was browing a sports site that I sometimes look at and I saw that my favourite team (basically out of necessity, since they're the only Canadian team :P) the Toronto Raptors, have won the first pick in the upcoming NBA draft.

Traditionally, the Raptors haven't been a great team. Alright, let's not kid ourselves, they've been downright awful. However, they have a new general manager with a proven track record, a young future star to build around in Chris Bosch, and other young talent. A number one pick can completely alter the future of a team too. Clevaland Cavaliers anyone?

What I'm wondering, for those that keep a sharper eye on basketball than I do, is what are the options for the Raptors with the number one pick? Are there any gamebreakers up for grabs, people like LeBron James that can come in as a rookie and plain dominate? I hope so, as it isn't every year that you get the number one pick (though the Raptors always seem to be in the running *sigh*) so I hope there's something out there that could change their fortunes.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Toronto got lady luck on their side, that's for sure.

Now they need to pick wisely. pick someone who can aid Bosh in shaping the future of the team.

Let me elaborate a little on the next picks though:

- 2nd Pick is originally New York, but Chicago gets it (stupid Knicks). I don't know, I don't think they actually need another young player. They've got that in spades: Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, Chris Duhon, Andres Nocioni and Tyson Chandler. What they need is someone who can provide veteran leadership to make them successful.

- 4th Pick, Portland. HA. The team with the highest chance of getting the firs pick slides down to fourth. Portland has had a reputation of drafting players who either don't fit in their team or are a hulking load of crap. I f they steer clear of that this draft, they're going to improve.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: