Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Deathnote manga
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Deathnote manga Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

have any of you read this suspensul and awesome manga called deathnote?

its about a boy prodigeee(light yagami) who inherits this notebooks the shinigami god os death use to kill people and he starts killing off criminals believing he is helping the world.

thats like the most basic way to describe the notebook and its rules:it kills people, but as the manga progress you find the many rules that allow the death note to work

along comes a prodige investigator codenamed L who is a genius in solving wierd cases and the race starts there!

i recommend trying it out(light gets annoying because no ones that smart in real life, and he gets all the girls and hes a star ahlete lol) but overall the manag is great and takes a while to read! Its published by shonen jump under the new Shonen Jump Advanced titles. The artwork is done by the same guy who did hikaru no go and its spectacular...its a pretty dark manag if thats what your into but the whole death god thing isnt very demonic its kind of humorus. And its not occult lik or anything for you reliogious people.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I looooooooooooooooooooooooove Death Note and I'm all up in a tizzy about the movie comming out! I'm hoping, hoping, hoping for a domesstic release so I won't have to import it.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

best manga ever next to One Piece, Monster,Beck, and 20th Century Boys.

What the heck are you talkign about Yohn? Deathnote is out in America.

We're on volume 5 now.

nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hes talking about the movie, and i own volumes 1-4 and my favorite was 1 and 2...how was 5?

i also collect suikoden3 manga, hellsing and vagabond(oh and my favorite astro boy!)
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to really, really love DeathNote, but I lost interest after...
Ah, it is a vey big spoiler so, considering that most people in this topic have yet to read it far, I shall not go into a long, spoilerish rant about it.

Let's just say that I got annoyed of Light and his consecutive success of evil victories. I hate when the tide of the battle goes in the favor of the main character, much more when the main character is malicious (with that creepy smile and all).

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah light gest real annoying and he alsos does everything perfect and never fails so thats annoying.

he should have been caught already.
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nocturne1337 wrote:
hes talking about the movie, and i own volumes 1-4 and my favorite was 1 and 2...how was 5?

i also collect suikoden3 manga, hellsing and vagabond(oh and my favorite astro boy!)

Yup. I was talkin' about the movie, which I've watched the trailer about 50 times or so.

Oh, and by the way: Yohn is a girl. XD

Here's the trailer for those interested --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=Olym0q0b3hk&search=death%20note

RHCP for the win! XD

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er, wait. Wasn't there a Death Note thread somewhere back? I seem to remember posting in it, unless I'm beginning to hallucinate about things I have yet to do...

Quote:
he alsos does everything perfect and never fails so thats annoying.

Well. Not really.

Raito (I prefer to call him Raito to Light...it sounds more dignified) may seem to be all perfect at the moment, but later in the series, he does get a little slipshod, what with the addition of two extra characters, Mello and Near, of course, whom I didn't really like as they were nothing compared to L.

L is by far the most superior detective. So is Raito, but we're not counting criminals here, are we? :D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I absolutely love L's character, especially since he's just so odd. The fact that he reminds me of a monkey also is pretty neat. ^_^

Serpent of Wisdom

Caduceus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the manga has ended right?

I was actually never a Light-fan.
but after seeing the ending... Oooo....

"Kira-sama"
-pray-
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in japan it has i believe
Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm unsure as volume 11 just came out. On May 2nd to be exact.

Edit:

Nevermind... it appears as there will definately be a volume 12. I'll have to go pick up a copy of Jump and see if it's still running.

Yohn

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh! I'm suprised I didn't see this one sooner:

posted on 2006-05-15 12:36:05
source: Anime Nation

The Bokura ga Ita and Death Note manga will be adapted into anime TV series, according to Japanese bookstore Chuosha. Bokura ga Ita will premiere July 3, and Death Note will premiere this fall.

Sir Vinsanity

Aquinas Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the series, but yeah, Light got on my nerves after the third book, with all his planning and getting away with things seeming to consistently go in his favor, when it seemed like they were so close to catching him, you know what I mean? And the Shikigami are awesome!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've read up to Volume 4. The first two volumes were excellently done, but the third starting getting a little boring. *spoiler blacked out* Adding another person who holds a Death Note annoyed me a little-- but I suppose they had to change things up to keep them from getting repetitive.

Anyway, I'll probably keep reading it to see where the story goes from here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: