Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The True Rune of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron wrote:
Is the concept of time not covered by the Rune of Change? Change means it begins one way and becomes another, implying a concept of time.

And the rune of change is covered by the true begining , I don't think that's a problem. Something begins, it changes the world and it ends, all covered by the begining. I've never seen anybody complain.

And besides, time is independent from change, time will pass, doesnt matter if things change or stay the same. If konami came up with some good idea, it is perfectly fine to do it.

Acheron wrote:
I'm still waiting for a True Rune governing vegetation. It's life but not human life, not really an element, not really covered by anything yet. Hopefully they can incorporate this somehow and still make a game with mass appeal.

The vegetation has been covered by the soul eater, the rune of LIFE and death.
FARUKON LUNE

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it can work. I was thinking of a Suikoden that kept going through time(because I want more Valeria!) but didn't think of an actual True Time Rune.

For it to work it's going to have to make the game's story on a much larger scale than we've seen before and it most likely will be a harder time getting "intimate" with especially the minor characters we so love though.

I do want to see something like this happen though. Maybe not a time rune but a machine? I dont know. We don't need to see Chrono Trigger/Cross again.., even if it is within Suikoden.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry... i'm really sorry

Last edited by The_Sun_Rune on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that would be true.... The reincarnation of the true time rune ould be a..... wall clock...
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

If that would be true.... The reincarnation of the true time rune ould be a..... wall clock...
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

Zykerion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The True Rune of Time idea wouldn't really work from a storyline standpoint. For starters, it's already been established that other True Runes have some influence over time, and that they exist themselves in a sort of timeless state anyway. This is evidenced by Luc showing the new Flame Champion the 'empty world' of the future that the Rune foresees.

As for paradoxes being created by the Time Rune going back in time, I don't think that would be an issue. It's one of those cases where you have to think very non-linearly. Hear me out. The Time Rune would exist throughout time, and its location may change based on where it ends up in the past, the future, or the present. Say it finds itself a bearer. The rune may simply vanish from the rest of the timestream such that it only exists in its current state, being borne by someone. Once it no longer has its bearer, it goes back to being in a state of 'saturated' existence (saturated meaning that its existence is singular, and its essence is able to travel between time because it exists throughout time).

Phew, that was a little confusing even for me.

It would also be very difficult to create a workable story surrounding such a Rune. Not to mention it sounds a bit too Legend of Zelda-y for my tastes.
WhiteShadow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

could it be that viki's blinking rune is a child rune of the "Rune of Time"?? it's a possibility, and somehow, maybe will know more about viki's story line...
Aloyalgamer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about taking the True Rune of time and making smaller aspects of it, like the Rune of the Beginning? I don't know, we can have the true Rune of Time (unusable and more like a relic like the Rune of the Beginning) and split it into lesser, usable runes?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think we'd only see this sort of True Rune in the final Suikoden game...used so it could tie all the previous Suikoden games (or at least reference them all) into one....leading up to the "ultimate Suikoden boss" or something...

which seems like something they (Konami) won't want to do anytime soon.......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: