Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

11 year old mommy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: 11 year old mommy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?i n_article_id=385968&in_page_id=1774&in_a_source=&ct=5

urg. yeh well I can't talk about it with my mom, she has a problem with me a being scandlized, shocked and having a problem with it.

dawww, everyone make cooing sounds, 11 year old pregnant girl!

internet news wrote:
A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.

How can we best tackle this problem? Tell us in reader comments below

The youngster, who lives near Edinburgh, says looking after her younger brothers has prepared her for motherhood.

But the girl admits she "panics and cries" when babies are unwell and does not feel able to bathe them.

The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August.

'Excited' She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

"I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram. I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.

"It's good to know I'll have my mum here to help me if I need her."

Concerned she might be pregnant, the girl visited a GP three times but tests proved negative. She learned the truth after buying a home-testing kit from a supermarket.

After the device displayed two blue lines, indicating she was pregnant, she pleaded with a female relative to break the news to her mother. The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.

"I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.

"I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she'd just had my wee brother. We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room and running away to a friend's.

"It was really hard but it's brought me and my mum closer, which is good. I knew my mum would stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was going to keep the baby.

"The social worker suggested I got rid of it but I'd never do that."

Smoking at nine

The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child.

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."

The girl, whose parents split up several years ago, said she would like a baby boy - and may call him Leo.

She is currently being educated at a local community centre but knows she must return to school.

She told the Sun: "My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school. I don't know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."

'Proud of my daughter'

Her mum said: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping the baby.

"I know she's worried what other people will say but she can walk out there with her head held high.

"At first I wasn't too happy about becoming a gran. But now I'm used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to having another baby in the house."

The Scottish Conservatives has called for society and families to unite to change attitudes towards sex following the news.

daww shes gonna be a good mummise poo.

I can't wait for a 10 year old in my country to out do her, and have the dad be 17.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how in the world can the mom say she is proud of her daughter? if the kid keeps on smoking that much that baby is going to be one messed up kid most likely. but it will be funny when the kids baby is old enough and they will look more like sisters than mother and daughter.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
how in the world can the mom say she is proud of her daughter? if the kid keeps on smoking that much that baby is going to be one messed up kid most likely. but it will be funny when the kids baby is old enough and they will look more like sisters than mother and daughter.

Us crazy Brits. You never know WHAT we'll do next. Buff, you're not thinking like an Englishman here, we're nasty when we're nice.

You know, I'm not suprised this has happened, and it seriously doesn't suprise me to see the Tory's in there with their family values. Good old Tory's.

She said she was proud of her daughter for sticking to her morals and keeping the baby, that's different than being proud for having underage sex.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh dear god! What the hell is wrong with the world? An 11 year old girl should be playing with Barbies not with 15 yer old willies!

Something tells me that this girls mother isn't going to be winning and good parenting awards anytime soon. Even if we look past the pregnancy all the smoking and drinking plus underage sex, i hope she isn't proud of herself too.

Shall we try to count how many laws have been broken here and why only the 15 year old has been arrested?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the 15 yr old is arrested because "he raped her", they were both drunk, In KUULAWCOURT the're both morons and should be laughed at and smacked around.

wow, what an orginal plot, two stupid kids drinking underage and having udnerage. Is the drinking age over there 17 or somthing differnt? I find the comments intersting to, yeh were is an 11 year old buying ciggerets? not just that she dosen't think they hurt the kid.

somone needs education. Looking around the site it seems as if the UK has lots of problems with this subject. that and ignorance on "smoking won't hurt the kid"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i see anothe rloser mom with there eight kids loitering at walmart all day....

what bad parents and its obvious she wasnt raped(like most of the cases) she was probabley forced to say that due to her getting pregant. I bet she was drunk also
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here in the UK they call any sex with an underage person rape.

The drinking age here is 18+, an i promise not all of us are like this well at least im not.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but they were both underage and they were both minors drinking...

11 year olds can smoke that early too?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aydas_arrow wrote:
Here in the UK they call any sex with an underage person rape.

The drinking age here is 18+, an i promise not all of us are like this well at least im not.

they call it rape in the states to, an 18 year old can be in love with his 17 year old sweetie and if shes all 'come on tigar lets do it" and they are allegeldy ready and were dating for 3 years...after a long romantic night of dinner and a movie and passsion...ITs "rape" if the have sex. why? sex with a minor! no matter if the younger party is all ready with go-get-'em-tigar gusto and squishy feelings between the two...its not right. Plus apparently a 15 yr old is too gullable and easy to manuipulate and cannot properly concent to sex..or so I have read.

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I read the article all I wondered was If she was an attractive girl... I am going to rot in hell.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's what we like to call statutory rape laws. Up until a certain age, it is illegal and considered rape to have sex with a person below that age, because the law says they can't give consent. The age varies all over the US (here in my state, I *think* it's 16), but I'm not quite sure what it is in England. It might not be the same as the drinking age, either - here in the states, it's up to the states to describe when you're allowed to give consent (I think it's between 14-18, usually, with 16-17 being the average), but you're able to vote/buy smokes at 18, and only allowed to drink at 21.

I feel sorry for the kids involved in this story. The daughter clearly is pretty ignorant, and is harming her unborn child out of that ignorance. (The fact that no one has slipped her a pamplet on the effects of smoking or drinking on an unborn child is amazing.) It's unfortunate, as this girl probably isn't ready for motherhood. Hell, her own mother doesn't sound very mature - she sounds like her daughter got a new pet or something. Poor girl, and poor baby.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey that teacher that ''molested'' that tennage boy was extremely fine and i wish i was that boy.... :oops:
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:
Buff wrote:

Us crazy Brits. You never know WHAT we'll do next. Buff, you're not thinking like an Englishman here, we're nasty when we're nice.

lol good point there ley. guess i shouldn't be to surprised. :p

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow that is crazy. Not that i am really shocked by it, but it is still crazy. It really tells you a lot about the parenting when the mother was unable to stop this from happening and she says she is proud of her daughter.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 11 year old mommy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

I can't wait for a 10 year old in my country to out do her, and have the dad be 17.

Actually, the worst cases I've heard of in the US were these two girls, both of whom gave birth at NINE. The one with the fifteen-year-old boyfriend had twins.

Outside the US, a five-year-old Peruvian girl beats out everyone else, but I'm pretty sure that's considered rape and not stupidity/lack of responsibility on her part. Plus, it's just a really bizarre case altogether.

As for the girl above, I feel sorry for her, for reasons others have already listed. Sounds like stupidity runs in the family if the mother is encouraging this behavior and choice.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: