Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies


  [ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gay marriage in Massachusetts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade


Joined: 13 May 2004
Post Count: 4744
Location: Reina Mia
498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
I don't see why people of the same sex would want to get married.


Why do straight people want to get married?

Quote:
Something about marrige does seems like a special holy moment.


Religiously, it can be. In my religion, it's a sacrement and a very important ceremony.

But it is also civic - married people get medical/financial/legal bonuses for being married. A lot of people don't have religious services at all; they just go to the courthouse and have a small wedding with a couple family/friends there as witnesses. This is the kind of wedding that is in question, not the religious version.

Quote:
. Being with another person of the same gender is like family and family or human and animal. Two people who are related will try to justify there actions so would some crazy man and his cat. Same sex coulples are no different, they are just trying to justify there actions.


The difference is there is an inherent danger in incest and in beastiality, the animal is not sentient enough to give it's consent. Both of them can be harmful to the people involved. Same sex couples don't hurt anyone (save depriving an overpopulated world of some children) and assuming they are both of age, are certainly able to give their consent.

Quote:
To to allow gay marriages would mean we would have to allow in family marriges as in brother-sister, sister-siter and so on. And pretty soon we'll have to allow human animal marraiges. Just because you claim you love something and you think you believe in it doesn't make it right.


No it wouldn't. It all depends on how marriage is defined in terms of law. If the defination of a married couple is "Any two people, of proper age to give concent, and not related by blood (etc, etc.) to enter into a binding social contract" that excluseds both animals and incestual relationships.

As for right and wrong...Right and wrong tend to be subjective. What one person believes might not necessarily be wrong to the next person.
_________________

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lucied




Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Post Count: 64

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
Quote:

Hey, I'm glad there are still people in the world who believe intolerance isn't offensive! I mean, really, why am I the evil one for thinking blacks and jews aren't natural???


uh no. That's racism. Homosexuality is not a race. If I get a group of people to do something is that a race, no. Now we know how you feel and think

Quote:

So you're saying that it's only natural for a man to be interested in watching incest or bestiality, as well?


Again no that's what I'm against. That's ebil. I said interested in females not bestiality and incest. read my post above.

So let me get this straight I'm evil now for not liking what someone does. Homosexuality is not a RACE it's a ACTION. Why are people taking my words and twisting them? Race is a person's color( black, white, mexican etc.). Why does people think Homosexual's are a race. There not.


First off, the person was joking. Also, Judism is not a race. It is a religion.
But, prejudice is prejudice. And your being prejudiced against a sexuality is just as wrong as being prejudiced against a race or religion. And it makes me sick.

Second, I read your post above. And you said, quote...

Quote:
It's only natural that if a man see's two good looking females enjoying each other company that it seems interesting. Being with another person of the same gender is like family and family or human and animal.


You equate being with a person of the same gender to incest and bestiality. But you admit you're attracted to two females together. So since you equate homosexuals to incest and bestiality, you're saying that you would enjoy some hot brother/sister sex, or girl/dog sex. Because, hey, that lesbian sex you enjoy so much, is just like incest and bestiality, according to your own words.

I'm bisexual. And I'm not a "sissy" man. I don't have a squeaky voice. I don't act like a woman. But I wouldn't mind being together with a male.

Marriage began as a religious instutition. However, it has become a legal bond. You don't need to be in a church to be married. Religion doesn't have to have anything to do with a person's marriage, whatsoever. Saying that religion is against it has no grounds.

Homosexuals want to be married for the same reasons heterosexuals want to be married. Most homo sapians wish to be married. And who is going to stop them? Well, in most cases, stupid human laws will. But those are changing.

Homosexuality is present in nature. It's been documented. Animals engage in homosexual behavior on occasion.
Also, we equate humans to animals only because humans are animals. Only, I don't agree with all those comparisons.

Homosexuality is not a choice. Chemicals in a person's brain determine what or who they are attracted to. Just as someone doesn't wake up one day and say, "I'm going to be an S&M freak," people don't wake up and say "I'm gonna be gay!" You either like it, or you don't. Sometimes a person's environment will shape their psyche so that they enjoy those things. But generally, it's natural chemicals.

When blacks wanted to marry whites, it was "ruining the sanctity of marriage." But did they let that stop them?

The Bible? There are passages in the bible that state that you can take slaves, and that you can subjugate women. But those aren't practiced anymore. Why not? In fact, as I stated before, the same book or chapter (whatever those things are) that states homosexuality is a sin, also states that anything living in water that doesn't have scales or fins (ie: shrimp) is an abomination unto you. So why not enforce that? National religious boycots of Red Lobster are in order! Oh wait, we can't be bothered to enforce that. We're only looking at the homosexuality issue. That's right. Silly me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tekknopirate




Joined: 19 May 2004
Post Count: 67

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

You equate being with a person of the same gender to incest and bestiality. But you admit you're attracted to two females together. So since you equate homosexuals to incest and bestiality, you're saying that you would enjoy some hot brother/sister sex, or girl/dog sex. Because, hey, that lesbian sex you enjoy so much, is just like incest and bestiality, according to your own words.


Yes you got me there sort of, I did indeed thro them all in the same catogory. :oops: Incest is family sex that's a no-no. Bestiality is human animal. But some of you didn't fully read my post before I said those nice lesbians should leave it there at the fun stage. Not get married and make a big deal out of it. Most those lesbians you people talk about just do that stuff for fun. Most of those females leave that life behind and get married with a man and have kids!

Quote:

I'm bisexual. And I'm not a "sissy" man. I don't have a squeaky voice. I don't act like a woman. But I wouldn't mind being together with a male.


Again I don't know why But I'm not attacking or insulting you so does it really matter? I said being gay was wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers


Joined: 17 May 2004
Post Count: 160
Location: Montmittel
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you not realize that your last sentence is utterly contradictory? You're not insulting him...yet you're saying what he is is wrong! Or are bisexual people okay and it's just those evil gays that are breaking down the fabric of society? Damn them for wanting to get married, damn them all!

:roll:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saben

The High Order of Order


Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Post Count: 601
Location: The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia
11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
Most those lesbians you people talk about just do that stuff for fun. Most of those females leave that life behind and get married with a man and have kids!


Can you provide statistics to back this up? I'd say that maybe a lot of females that engage in female-female sex never claim to be lesbians, it isn't even lesbian-based activity because lesbianism is about love. Similarly 50% of males engage in male-male sex, but does that mean all these guys are gay? No, it is just fun between them.

For the approximately 10% of the population that is gay or lesbian (and no one actually KNOWS these statistics, they are just approximated) things work differently, however. For that 10% they not only enjoy same-sex intercourse, but they also are attracted to people of the same sex. They find same-sex personalities preferable, usually and opposite sex bodies aren't really a turn on. Could they get marriage in a straight marriage and live "normal" lives, for sure. I know men in their 30s, 40s and 50s that have done it. But in doing so they have made their entire relationship with their wives a lie and when they finally do come out, it hurts their spouses and themselves a lot. I hope one day you actually are attracted towards someone of the same-sex pirate, even as a temporary thing, just so you can understand, because I know me saying all this isn't changing your opinion. But I type it anyway, because maybe there are others that will benefit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tekknopirate




Joined: 19 May 2004
Post Count: 67

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Do you not realize that your last sentence is utterly contradictory? You're not insulting him...yet you're saying what he is is wrong! Or are bisexual people okay and it's just those evil gays that are breaking down the fabric of society? Damn them for wanting to get married, damn them all!


A insult is saying you _________, you ugly piece of_________. That my friend is a a insult. How is saying your wrong a insult? :?:

Quote:

I hope one day you actually are attracted towards someone of the same-sex pirate, even as a temporary thing, just so you can understand, because I know me saying all this isn't changing your opinion. But I type it anyway, because maybe there are others that will benefit.


I rebuke the devil out of you!! Lord Forgive them for they know not what the do. Now that was a insult to my ego and pride. And here I have not insulted you once saying it's wrong is not a insult. People get made and now they wish you gay. That's life. I have no desire to be plaged with your drama thank you. If that's the case I wish you straight so you can see the alternate side of things.

You guy's a causing alot of grief trying to make me seem bad. Blue Moon/SARSadmin is a good person I respect his site and came to register because of his vast knowledge and ability to read japanese. But being here in this topic is dangerous. I'm liable to say something that will get me banned. And I know something else. Gay's/Homosexuals are quick to attack or call someone something if they think they are being talked about. By saying they are wrong, they get to insulting. I could care less of your problems and can get enraged by your ludicris responses. Do I feel bad no. Do I care about your problems no sorry. But you put yourselfs in that position you you start attacking innocent people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights


Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Post Count: 5440
Location: Sawgrass Laneding
981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

You guy's a causing alot of grief trying to make me seem bad. Blue Moon/SARSadmin is a good person I respect his site and came to register because of his vast knowledge and ability to read japanese. But being here in this topic is dangerous. I'm liable to say something that will get me banned. And I know something else. Gay's/Homosexuals are quick to attack or call someone something if they think they are being talked about. By saying they are wrong, they get to insulting. I could care less of your problems and can get enraged by your ludicris responses. Do I feel bad no. Do I care about your problems no sorry. But you put yourselfs in that position you you start attacking innocent people.


if you don't care, then why participate in the first place? almost everything you've said is ignorant; when a person is attacked, regardless of who they are, the natural response is to defend themselves, even a child understands this.

people back up their stances of 'homosexuality is wrong as per blah blah of the bible' have you ever once considered that the bible is a translation of old texts by PEOPLE?

ever consider that this person mabye, just MAYBE added in their own beliefs and hid them under the pretexts of god's word? no, of course not, because you 'gotta have faith.' that sickens me; it's the catch all answer for everything, rather than come up with a logical reason, they always fall back on that (christians, that is) instead of thinking for themselves.

maybe instead of spouting off garbage, you should actually do a little research into the subject and see exactly what's going on, rather than base your arguments off of ignorance and personal bias.
_________________
prinny...DOOD!

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lucied




Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Post Count: 64

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How is saying your wrong a insult?


That can be considered a great insult to some people. "You are wrong and evil because you're gay!" That can really get people pissed off. They'd feel extremely insulted by that.
Personally, I don't care what a person such as yourself has to say about me. But others might.

As far as I can see, your argument doesn't hold up. And it's also said that homophobic males are insecure about their masculenity, or their heterosexuality. I wonder which you are :P

Heh. Seriously, if we're going to be throwing around baseless claims, why not say that gay people are spawns of Satan?

But, you're entitled to your opinions. We cannot change that. You seem to have difficulty explaining them, though. Which makes me wonder about your true beliefs.

Well, I apologize if I said anything to insult or anger you. I try not to stoop that low. But, I just get carried away. Heh ^^;
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vextor




Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Post Count: 12042
Location: Hell
11250168 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Takknopirate, when you outright say that someone's behavior is wrong, and that their actions equate bestiality and/or incest, you best be prepared for a harsh response. That's the nature of debate--if you are gonna attack someone's position, you better have facts to defend yourself when you are counter-attacked. I find your response below rather pitiful.

Quote:
Gay's/Homosexuals are quick to attack or call someone something if they think they are being talked about. By saying they are wrong, they get to insulting. I could care less of your problems and can get enraged by your ludicris responses. Do I feel bad no. Do I care about your problems no sorry. But you put yourselfs in that position you you start attacking innocent people.


Telling someone they are "wrong" is an attack in terms of debate. If you can't take the heat of a debate, may as well stop responding and concede your defeat. From my pserpective, you are not as innocent as you claim to be, as you brought these responses upon yourself. So please continue to debate with facts, not conjecture.


Last edited by Vextor on Fri May 21, 2004 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Queen

Ghosts of Gor


Joined: 20 May 2004
Post Count: 600
Location: Sun's Crest
2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Yes you got me there sort of, I did indeed thro them all in the same catogory. :oops: Incest is family sex that's a no-no. Bestiality is human animal. But some of you didn't fully read my post before I said those nice lesbians should leave it there at the fun stage. Not get married and make a big deal out of it. Most those lesbians you people talk about just do that stuff for fun. Most of those females leave that life behind and get married with a man and have kids!


Most lesbians, who have come to terms with their sexuality, do not leave "that" life behind to get married and have kids. Many homosexuals, both male and female, actually leave married life after realizing that they can no longer live a lie. This happened to my Grandfather's cousin. She is now living a very happy life with her partner and their children.

It is also a known fact that many homosexuals do not live to see 20. They end up committing suicide because they become depressed. This depression stems from society's inability to accept them as who they are.

There is nothing wrong with homosexuality or any sexuality. We are who we are. We cannot change that. That does not mean we can make others feel bad for who they are.

I cannot change how you view people, but I do ask you to think about what you are going to say before you say it. As the saying goes, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."

Not to mention that the statements you make tend to contradict one another.

By the way, I am heterosexual. It wouldn't do anyone any good to make false assumptions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adrich




Joined: 13 May 2004
Post Count: 130

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
Quote:

I hope one day you actually are attracted towards someone of the same-sex pirate, even as a temporary thing, just so you can understand, because I know me saying all this isn't changing your opinion. But I type it anyway, because maybe there are others that will benefit.


I rebuke the devil out of you!! Lord Forgive them for they know not what the do. Now that was a insult to my ego and pride. And here I have not insulted you once saying it's wrong is not a insult.


If you were not, as you claim, insulting homosexuals by saying that their beliefs and actions were wrong then how can you treat it as an insult when they wish the same things upon you? Just as you consider that an insult to your "ego and pride", what you said is also insulting and damaging to others' pride.

Whether intentionally or not, what you are doing now is saying that you are above blame and declaring your own superiority, and this will only serve to inflame people further.

You do, of course, have a right to your own opinion. But in the same manner, others have a right to be offended by it. You're in no place to tell them whether or not they were insulted by what you said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tekknopirate




Joined: 19 May 2004
Post Count: 67

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get why people are so made at my responses. I just said a simple truthful post. Next thing I know I got people jumping out saying if there gay or not attacking and getting mad at me and I'm just a normal happy guy. People should just relax and chill not take everything as a life and death response. I don't hate gay's or anything so it's really no big deal. They should be out attacking the president or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Queen

Ghosts of Gor


Joined: 20 May 2004
Post Count: 600
Location: Sun's Crest
2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
I don't get why people are so made at my responses. I just said a simple truthful post. Next thing I know I got people jumping out saying if there gay or not attacking and getting mad at me and I'm just a normal happy guy. People should just relax and chill not take everything as a life and death response. I don't hate gay's or anything so it's really no big deal. They should be out attacking the president or something.


I would suggest reading through your previous posts if you don't get why everyone is upset. You will notice that many of the statements you have made contradict each other. You will also notice that the way you state your argument is very confusing. You may be trying to say one thing, but because your writing style is lacking, we may see your statements as something entirely different from what you may have intended to say.

You may also want to apologize. Many of your statements contain hurtful comments that may affect some people.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs


Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Post Count: 6774
Location: Hell
290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps people are angry because your responses make approximately negative two on the sense scale and your logical reasoning is flawed.
_________________
"Oh my god--"
"God? God is love. I don't love you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tekknopirate




Joined: 19 May 2004
Post Count: 67

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's hurtful about them If people are hurt by my responses then they should be able to tell me what I said that is so hurtful. Or else I'm liable to do it again without even knowing what I did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
suikox.com by: Vextor


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
  Username:    Password:      Remember me