Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gay marriage in Massachusetts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It's only natural that if a man see's two good looking females enjoying each other company that it seems interesting.

Actually to me it is natural to enjoy cock, I don't understand why you don't see that! How can you get turned on by women? It is too disgusting! They are so curvy and do you even know what else has been in those places?

Maybe you are right, though, pirate. Maybe marriage should just be about choosing someone you want to have sex with for the rest of your life. Love is such a stupid idea, after all.

(Nothing against females by the way, just trying to prove a point.)

Okay, enough of the sarcasm, but pirate, you are treading a very fine line if you want to stay here and I say this in my capacity as a mod. You have every right to express your opinion, but one of the few rules here is an anti-discrimination policy which your posts are getting awfully close to doing. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and are just veiling your personal insecurities behind poorly expressed attacks.

Two consenting adults in a relationship is NOTHING like a person RAPING their cat or a child. Sexual abuse is sexual abuse and it occurs when either of the parties does not give informed consent. A cat cannot say "yes, I want to have sex with you" and a child doesn't even know what sex is to be able to give an informed answer.

As for incest, well, I think that should be legal if people really want to do it and if it is about love. But be it on the people's own heads if they have a child who ends up being deformed from inbred genes. I know I could never love my mother or brother like, nor any of my other relations, but if people want to do that, I don't see much wrong with it, provided they don't expect medical insurance to cover the removal of their child's second head.

Do you have any evidence of same sex couples not being treated wrong, because I can link you within minutes to details of numerous stories where gay kids have been beaten to death and in some cases killed. Sometimes it wasn't even gay kids treated this way, but just guys that were 'suspected' of being gay because they did something 'not normal' like join a dance club, or wear makeup one time or something even smaller than that. I can speak from personal experience of people discriminating against me because of my sexuality, too, being called "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK" and having people stop being my friend just because I like guys. I want equal rights, I don't want anything more, I am just as much against extra handouts for minorities as I am against discrimination. Minorities deserve exact equality, though, including equal opportunities and if a minority has been put at a disadvantage through society in the past then they do deserve aid in getting back to an equal level.

Sorry if this is turning into a rant, but for crying out loud, please use your brain and look at how bad your arguments are and how hypocritical they sound. I'm not calling you stupid, because everyone has the potential to learn and be intelligent, but your words are stupid and if you chose to try to understand you would be able to. So please, for your own sake, actually take some time to think about the issue logically instead of just shooting off your mouth. I know it can be hard to set aside your macho ego, but it is worth it in the long run.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Okay, enough of the sarcasm, but pirate, you are treading a very fine line if you want to stay here and I say this in my capacity as a mod. You have every right to express your opinion, but one of the few rules here is an anti-discrimination policy which your posts are getting awfully close to doing. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and are just veiling your personal insecurities behind poorly expressed attacks.

This is a intelligent conversation. Besides no point in threating to kick me out. This topic is about how you feel on the topic gay marriges. Would you prefer I come here and lie about everything. Besides I just speek what most males feel. I didn't say go kill or beat someone that's a homosexual that's wrong I'd never wish death on anyone. And why do I have to be insecure. I haven't said any thing that would give that away. All I said was I'm not sure why people are like they are and that's it. I said nothing offense. If being truthful is a offense then this world is indeed becoming a sad place. :cry:
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't think you said anything offensive?! So equating homosexuality to beastiality isn't offensive is it? Christ, get a clue.
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before I said that he said I was being offensive. there's no way I was being offensive. This how it goes all the time if you don't agree with a person your the evil one. Oh well better stick to the game disscussions and other things. People get defensive and start attacking you for not agreeiing with them. Also you shouldn't say the lord's name in vain. So in order to save my account I'm out peace.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I'm glad there are still people in the world who believe intolerance isn't offensive! I mean, really, why am I the evil one for thinking blacks and jews aren't natural???

More power to you, pirate!!!
VikiWaffu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It's only natural that if a man see's two good looking females enjoying each other company that it seems interesting. Being with another person of the same gender is like family and family or human and animal.

So you're saying that it's only natural for a man to be interested in watching incest or bestiality, as well?

Actually, I don't think tekknopirate is deliberately trying to be insulting or hateful. It just seems to me that he's rather young and naive, and hasn't seen much of the world yet, aside from what he's picked up from his school peers and a few adult movies.
Freddie Mercury

Fat Bottomed Girls

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I live in Masschusetts and the majority of the people accept it. The only ones trying to prevent it or give a rats ass about it are the conservatives and the highly religious community. They want to preserve marriage and blah blah blah.

I'm wondering, if they are so annoyed by gay marraige, then why not leave Massachusetts. If gay marriage is not accepted in this country, then why not accept it in a sole state, like Massachusetts.

Anyways, have you guys notice that the majority of those who oppose gay marriage are at least 35 years and older? The younger kids seem to have a more tolerant opinion towards gay marriage. This would probably infer that in future years, gay marriage will be more accepted since the young has more power. I believe that nearly 60 to 70 % of today's youth, is acceptive of gay marriage. This is a good sign in my humble opinion.

Although I am also not really supportive of John Kerry, I think he would be better to the gay community than Bush would. Bush had already made it known that he wants the whole ordeal to be banned. A president should not have the right to say what one can and cannot do. Its unethical . He should be caring more about the country rather than the social lives of people.

With that, I welcome myself to Suikox.com . And I am truly supportive of gay marriage.

-Donkeyz
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Hey, I'm glad there are still people in the world who believe intolerance isn't offensive! I mean, really, why am I the evil one for thinking blacks and jews aren't natural???

uh no. That's racism. Homosexuality is not a race. If I get a group of people to do something is that a race, no. Now we know how you feel and think

Quote:

So you're saying that it's only natural for a man to be interested in watching incest or bestiality, as well?

Again no that's what I'm against. That's ebil. I said interested in females not bestiality and incest. read my post above.

So let me get this straight I'm evil now for not liking what someone does. Homosexuality is not a RACE it's a ACTION. Why are people taking my words and twisting them? Race is a person's color( black, white, mexican etc.). Why does people think Homosexual's are a race. There not.
Freddie Mercury

Fat Bottomed Girls

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tekkno I agree that

Homosexuality is an orientation and not a race. A race refers to a person's skin color or backround and not their sexual preferences.

However, I'm getting the feeling that you were comparing bestiality to homosexuality. That is wrong and can't really be backed with a lot of evidence. I get so frustrated with people saying....

"If gay people can marry, then next thing you know, we have have dogs and cats marrying"

Comparing human lives to animals is just wrong. Then again....

Some people still call others "bitches" or "dogs" dont we. I suppose that is correct? :?
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me this is one of those topics that I don't have an opinion in yet. Now before everyone starts saying that I am avoiding the issue or anything else its not true. The reason I don't have a real opinion yet is that I don't have first or second hand experience with this issue. I have nothing against homosexuals, in fact I have been friends with some, but not close friends. That's my problem I don't know. I come from a conservative family, and I am conservative. However there are certain issues that I don't have a real opinion on yet due to my lacking experience, this is one of them the other is abortion. I also think that this is the case for many others *tekknopirate*, but I hope overtime to form an opinion based on facts, and not just BS.
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate: homosexuality may not be a race but like a race it's not choice. I know that a gay person can decide to act on his/her feelings, but the attraction he/she feels isn't a choice
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised that Massechussets(sp?) was the first state to allow homosexual marriges, given its history. Regardless, I think that the are doing a great service to society by being an advocate in freedom of choice. If a couple chooses to get married, then they should be able to without sexuality being an issue.

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really a shame that somthing like this even an issue, people should not be denied their rights just because the go outside of whats considered the norm it's insane especially when you consider the fact that the supreme court allowed the KKK to march in NYC a few years ago. I think it just wrong that a group that teaches hate is allowed to thier right to march yet they would deny two people who love each other their right to wed.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's how I feel about the whole issue. As a rabid Christian conservative, I believe that "marriage" is the union between a man and a woman. However, I would not have a problem with it if homosexual marriage was given another name. I would suggest something along the lines of "civil union" or something, but that just sounds too breraeucratic. I hope I don't offend anyone, since I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just that my personal definition of marriage is between a male and female. I tried to make that as intelligent and rational as possible.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure how Civil Unions work, actually. Even though conservatives argue that it's the equivalent of a marriage, it's separate. Isn't that illegal?

Quote:
uh no. That's racism. Homosexuality is not a race. If I get a group of people to do something is that a race, no. Now we know how you feel and think

I see that the whole point went right over your head. Intolerance is what I was getting at, not blacks or jews.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: