Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Two years have passed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Two years have passed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just realized that this forum has had it's two year anniversary last week. I totally forgot about this. Although Suikox as a site has existed since August of 2003, this forum was not public until May of 2004 (because we used a crappy EZboard before that). Of course, a lot of this site's content comes from "Questions for Blue Moon" which opened in August 2000, so maybe this site is a lot older depending on how you put it, but anyhow...

Wow, two years. Keeping a forum running for two years without the community exploding is a new experience for me. Even while I was at Suikosource, the forum exploded a number of times and we switched over to new forums a number of times, bit this one has been good.

Earlier in the year we had severe problems with lag, but this seems to have been squashed for good after the "War on Error" gave me enough evidence to pin-point the source of the lag. A lot of credit goes to Blasphemy of Highland for giving me tips on PHP code.

A lot of much deserved credit goes to the moderation staff and nation leaders for keeping order around this forum to make sure we have high quality threads and all that stuff. This forum won't be what it is without their help. I surely can't do all of this stuff on my own.

We also have a number of member-initiated stuff going on, such as the newspaper. This is great stuff I tell you, it just shows the talent and initiative our members have at suikox. We also have many artists here who help others out with their avatars, banners, and whatnot. I believe this site is one of the more helpful sites out there compared to the general calibur of gaming sites.

Next, we created the United Nations of Suikoden Webring, which currently has 20 or so sites. Some of these sites are very good, so make sure you visit them. We also have many foreign sites registered as well, and that's really cool.

The nation system continues to expand. What originally started as a manually run, simple system, has evolved into a rather complex game that is half automated. This is both wonderful and terrifying at the same time. I think we have something very unique at suikox in that regards because, well, no other site in the world has such a system (because I made it), but also because it's so complicated, it might be a tad intimidating for new members.
The system is constantly tweaked to make sure things don't get too outrageous, but well, I'll need your patience on that one. My time is limited in more than one way, and whether I get stuff done is about 90% whim. If I lose concentration on a project, I may not return to it for months!

For that reason, a huge thanks goes for Axiose who takes care of oh so many things for this site. I'm sure a lot of you have interacted with him and discovered what a genuinely great guy he is--yes, he has a personality that is about 23 times pleasant than mine. He has helped me a lot by keeping the vermin out of my... err I mean, answering questions from members and taking care of various administrative tasks. This has allowed me to code many new things in the last year. It's been a blast.

As with any project, nothing works if you work on it alone. This site is possible because of the hard work and contribution of many people. A lot of these people don't get the credit they deserve, such as Calupict who has been silently editing suikox's character list, and John Layfield with his map which makes the nation system possible. Thank you all, I probably don't say enough of that.

And I guess I should thank all the members and making things interesting. It's always interesting to learn new things about human behavior when I discover one person acting as three different people using different accounts, or when I find out a "female" member is actually an old balding man (you know who you are, but I'm gonna keep it a secret, hee hee). Some of these have been rather unpleasant experiences for not only myself but the moderators as well, but more or less we appreciate the members here. You're good folks and you're welcome here (unless you're the type that don't read or follow rules).

Anyhow, hopefully things will be as unpridictable and rapidly changing as it has in the last year. Hopefully they'll also announce Suikoden VI by the end of this year. Lastly, David Caruso sucks!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two Years?? That went really fast. Hey i guess time flies when you are having fun. This forum is just about the only forum to keep my interest, i have joined many gaming forums but this is the best in regards to content, the unique battle system and mostly the members. There is a great bunch here and i like to think i made a couple of friends here too, you know who you are!

Im here since August 2004, just shy of 2 years myself.

Keep up the great work.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although I am just here for mere three month I faced many changes. Besides a forum in my native language this is the only forum I visit and I love the fast-paced and busy way it goes. I hope this forum will last for a very long time, because it feels like a good version of family... Furthermore do I wish I will help in the future to make an hopefully positive impact so people will know who I am :mrgreen:
So congratulations to everybody who works on this great forum.

The Fool
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty new here compared to the age of this board. When i first came here to get more information on Suikoden V i never thought i'd stick around this long. It just shows the magnifisence of this gaming forum and of course, its members. I don't think we can call this is a gaming forum anymore, it's a lot more than that nowadays.

In my opinion, it's the best board i've ever visited.
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it's already been 2 yrs...but I've gotten to know you for almost 5 yrs back in Suikosource and that GensoSuikogaiden III is the best April Fool's project we have ever made XD
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having a forum for two years isn't that impressive... but being the leader of an entire community and running a well respected forum for two years is definately something to be prooud about. Congrats!

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would've been on the site earlier if I'd had my Tabula Rasa application accepted earlier, but alas, what's in the past and all that. It's nice to see the site go from strength to strength, and I'm suprised to see I've stuck it out this long. I have a short attention span, and a short memory, so if I don't actually get into a site, I forget about it. When I am into a site it needs to keep my attention, which this site has done. Congratulations, now let's see if we can keep it up for another 15 year, at which point it will still be younger than me.

MWAHAHAA
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But... it'll always be younger than you, naturally enough. :P

Congratulations on hitting the two year mark, Sars, and I agree, everyone should thank me more. :P

As some have said, two years isn't that great but two years with a large community, manic behind-the-scenes coding and constant vigilence is something else. Well done.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sheds a tear*
I've only been here for a year and a few more days, a year and fifteen days to be exact. I can't believe that I've managed to be here for that length of time because I'm the kind of person who joins forums then leave after a little while. But this forums has kept me entertained for a very long time. Let's hope that this forums will continue to run for more years to come. :P

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Midori wrote:
So it's already been 2 yrs...but I've gotten to know you for almost 5 yrs back in Suikosource and that GensoSuikogaiden III is the best April Fool's project we have ever made XD

Yeah, good times we had making that one. It's still the best April Fools for me, because of all that fun we had making it.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*raises cup*
To two more years!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2 years... It's been that long? Even though i've only joined this forum for about one year and a half, it's been great fun. I've actually never been attached to a forum this long, and i've got everyone to thank for it as well. This is a great forum, and hopefully it would live longer. Preferably, live long enough until the Suikoden series ends.

Don't worry, Sars. I'm sure we'll keep this site running. Since we're all members of this site, i'm sure you understand that we don't want it to close. Not now. Just remember to ask us for help if you need it! We'll be happy to help! :mrgreen:

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I joined the site a bit more than a year ago and I was already seeing that this thing had legs to move on, but two years and always expanding is a great thing to be achieved.

Well, I hope to see my kids posting around here someday :D

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap, it's been two years already?

Considering the forum history for Suikoden fansites, I'd say two years is quite impressive. Take into account that there hasn't been a major event or detractor from the forums and it's been a (mostly) smooth ride. While the evolution of the forum's systems have sorta left me behind partially on account of my schooling, I'm glad I've been on board pretty much the entire time.

Last edited by Synchysi on Mon May 22, 2006 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

same; while some may think two years isn't impressive, compare it to all the others that failed before reaching one year. long list, isn't it?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: