Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you think about guns and other weapons?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Destroy all arms? Let's start with banning all arms and declaring that carying one of those tools is against the law and will be punished. Nice idea, huh? I can see that all the law-abiding, upright poeple follow this law and give away the weapons they might have from their free time as hunter or anything else. But then... Why should people who are already spitting on the law give away his weapons? They want to use them, want to rob or anything else against the law? Hey, they will say thank you, because now they are secure, because no ordinary citizen carries a gun. What will happen? The ordinary citizen deliberates: Is is fair that I have no chance to defend me? Why should I be just a victim? And then he buys a weapon, because he doesn't feel safe anymore since only the wrong people have weapons. And what will happen in the end? The good citizens who are only afraid will be arrested, because they violated a law and commited a crime by owning a weapon. Weird idea, but not as far-fetched as you may think.

The Fool
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm of the camp that its not the weapons that is the cause of all the violence in the world but people who wield them. I'm a collector of guns. Some for self-defense purpose and some of them for collecting. Though I don't agree with the generalization that the 2nd Amendment gives every American the right to bear arms since the amendment is actually the right bear arms and form a militia for protection.

I consider myself a conscientous and responsible gun owner. Unless, I was licensed to carry a concealed firearm, which I am until my license expires in a couple years, I rarely bring it out of my home unless going to the firing range. Even then it's locked and secured properly in its case and stored in the trunk.

Firearms will never go away just for the fact that people by nature are attracted in some degree to the inherent sense of power a firearm gives an individual. Those individuals who say they abhor firearms I commend them for saying that and even more if they stick to it. Most people who say so usually change their minds once confronted by a violent crime. In my former line of work I saw this happen to often and saw people sacrifice some of their personal principles for safety and protection. I really can't blame them for their change of heart.

As for calling guns cowardly stuff, that's abit of a generalization. If guns were not available then some other form of deadly weapon will be utilized. What happens then? Even a spade shovel could be used as a deadly weapon. Same for kitchen knives and other home and garden implements. Do we destroy them as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: