Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lucretia the hated SPOILERS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Lucretia the hated SPOILERS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While playing Suikoden V it seemed that alot of characters hated lucretia and said she would betray the prince.... but she never did... is there any backstory on why so many characters hated her?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She betrayed Marscal, and uhm, warned the prince that if he went a way she didn't like, she's betray him as well.

And by many characters, who do you mean? I mean, there's Sialeeds and the Godwins and....who else hates her? 0.o

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there wasn't really any one who hated her except sialeeds the most. it really didn't seem like marscal hated her from the way he talked on her. he just said that'll she'll most likely betray the prince like she did to him.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i guess hate was the wrong word, i eamtn that alot of character refered to her as betraying a ton of people.

i dont remember lucretia saying that to the prince...and how did she betray marscal?
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who do you mean by "a lot of characters" and "a ton of people"? I don't remember anything like that from the games or from publications. Sialeeds and Marscal are the only people who say anything negative about Lucretia.

Lucretia tells the prince that she will betray him (if he strays from his path, etc) when you recruit her. You can't miss it.

Lucretia betrayed Marscal by suggesting Arshtat to become the bearer of the Sun Rune so that the Godwins can not take it instead. This derailed Marscal's ambition.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh okay...i guess there wasnt that many people saying they hated her...i was mistaken.

i have to play V again because i must have missed that scene with lucretia
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, nobody said they hated Lucretia but I agree with nocturne1337, something is wrong about Lucretia's warning:

She clearly warn the Prince about her "instable" nature. She says that she works only for her own interest and do not hesitate to flee if she don't like her leader.
Even the player is warned many times, by sialeeds, by marscal "she's a man eater, she will eat the Prince".

So we're ready to be betrayed anytime, we answer carefully to her proposal and strategic choice...But her betrayal never come! Even if you disagree, she never "Eat you" or betray you. It could have be fun to have an alternative ending with the Dawn Bringer losing by lack of strategist...

I understand that was surely a way to give more "personality" to Lucretia, but it could have been better.

Actually, Lucretia is too kind....
Well maybe we can say that's the Prince who make her change.

Ah, now I remember, the ONLY things we can link to this warning is that fearing Lucretia make you agreed with all her schemes and prevent you from sending Roy to death by defending the castle.
It seems that the only purpose of this...and the only goal of the writer.

ps: I wonder if you can understand what I mean ;)

Lyon & Miakis *.* I love you both *.*
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well its possible she did betray you. At least in the first bad ending where you join forces with Barrows. It wouldn't be a big stretch to say that it Lucretia who planned the whole prince's murder. Besides it wouldn't make sense for barrows to kill the prince. If he did that the figure head of his army would be dead, it would be a big blow to his army moral. Besides barrows was going to have the prince marry Luserina, he would have been in the palm of his hands why would he kill him?
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. Quite possible, even if I'm not convinced, I'd say that's Barrows who betrays you after asking you (using you) to create a new Kingdom...
I don't see what kind of interest would have Lucretia by planning the prince's murder.

But yes, it remain possible, like a sort of Karayan "punishment" ;)

Lyon & Miakis *.* I love you both *.*
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what does it have to do with karaya?

and i do remember the barrows saying that
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well she is from the grasslands, but she is not karayan, so i have no idea why tenkai said that.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucretia is a Karaya tribe member, originally. She was orphaned when she was very young and adopted by a harmonian family though.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow i never knew that cool!
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yet another reason why I love suikoden, fun facts that you can only find on the web.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I read that somewhere too. But when I first saw Lucretia I knew she had to be Karayan.

Oh, and the only people we know of that hate lucretia are Sialeeds and the Godwins.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: