Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V's low sales numbers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Suikoden III sold about 200,000 units.

that can't be true can it? dose anyone else remember the days of late 2002-early 2003 when a sealed copy of III would go for as high as $100 on ebay and a used copy worth almost as much as II without case. I was told back then the reason for the shortage was because only about 20-30k copies of III were printed, by the summer of 03 it was reprinted but each gamestore only got less than 5 copies while major electronic stores and your walmarts and targets never got any. How in the world could they have gone from way short in supply to 200k units sold?
Luthiel

1191 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
Quote:

Suikoden III sold about 200,000 units.

that can't be true can it? dose anyone else remember the days of late 2002-early 2003 when a sealed copy of III would go for as high as $100 on ebay and a used copy worth almost as much as II without case. I was told back then the reason for the shortage was because only about 20-30k copies of III were printed, by the summer of 03 it was reprinted but each gamestore only got less than 5 copies while major electronic stores and your walmarts and targets never got any. How in the world could they have gone from way short in supply to 200k units sold?

No, those figures are true. Magic-box also states a little more than 190 000 Suikoden III copies sold. A little more than 380 000 in Japan alone, without including the LE Box. Even without the Europe release, Suikoden III is still the series best-seller up to today.
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't you guys think that you're jumping the gun by a whole hell of a lot? This is Suikoden it has never flown off the shelves. Remember these numbers are for the first week and then the next month. Even then, Suikoden 5 did bad for multiple reasons those are good competition, bad advertising, and angry fans.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't ever remember Suikoden 3 going for $100. I remember there being a very brief period where they were out of copies (perhaps a week, at most), but more were sent in. It's not hard to find a copy of Suikoden 3 in any store that sells used games.

I'm pretty sure the main reason Suikoden 5 sold poorly was Suikoden 4. The reaction among the fanbase after S4 was released was pretty bad. Other things contributed for sure (like all the reviews), but Suikoden 4 killed the Suikoden series for a lot of players. Myself included.

^Actual quote!
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree ive been to a few forums where when the suikoden series is mentioned most say it ended after 3 for them. :/ :|
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True to me as well. I was only convinced to buy Suikoden 5 because of Suikoden Tactics and also the rave review by another Suikoden fan.

Hopefully, sales will pick up for Suikoden 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: