Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V's low sales numbers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Suikdoen V I have no idea why peopel wouldn't buy it :P O MAYBE because of the hero looking a little on the Creepy side. Just a thought.

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah girly heroes are always drawbacks

chaarcters are maor selling points...if your character isnt accessible to alot of different types of people the game wont sell well
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

45000 units sold is more than I expected, actually.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any body have the numbers on the past titles??

i heard that suiko 3 sold pretty well for a suiko tittle.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nocturne1337 wrote:

chaarcters are maor selling points...if your character isnt accessible to alot of different types of people the game wont sell well

Heh The Prince really was'nt that girly when you saw him in gameplay. Besides if you want a creepy girly hero you should see Calintz of Magna Carta. :P

45000 units sold is a decent number, especially since I heard that March's numbers for SuikoV were really low. Though it is discouraging to see sales f SuikoV being low, that has'nt stopped Konami before. Suikoden was never a large cash-cow and yet Konami still brought over 6 Suikoden games (counting Tactics) to the US, besides Konami is a big company so even if the series did'nt sell well, it won't hurt them too much finacially.
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say it was Kingdom Hearts 2 and the RPG competition in general. Even released a week early and with a much more appealing price tag, Suikoden V had a ton of competition- a good deal of people probably saved up for KH2 and weren't about to pour out more money just a week prior for another game (well...I was, but I don't get the feeling I'm in the majority). Combine that with the stream of RPGs like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Tales of Legendia, Shadow Hearts 3, and Grandia 3 that have all been released in the same season, and it's a tall order for Suikoden V to meet.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually pleasantly suprised by the new sales figures. To go from 8000 in the first week to 45,000 in just over a month is quite a surge for less mainstream games like Suikoden.

Usually games sell the most in the first week or two, but Suikoden V seems to be a game that is building momentum as time goes by. It had some very stiff compitition, (namely Kingdom Heart 2) so to see it bounce back is great. Granted, 45,000 still isn't anything spectacular, but it's a start. Hopefully May's numbers will follow the same trend.

Just for comparison, Tales of Legendia has been out since Feb. and Suikoden V has already passed it in sales. And yet, even though Legendia didn't sell great, Namco is still releasing Tales of the Abyss in North America. And nothing agaists the Tales series, I'm a huge fan of it myself. It's just that less than stellar sales numbers don't always equal doom.

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tales of legendia wasnt by the same team that did TOS though tales of abyss is.

i wonder how shadow hearts fromt he new world did?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nocturne1337 wrote:

Guess that's why Final Fantasy has never sold well, then.

Oh...wait.

(Seriously, where is the muscle-laden, testosterone-fueled, beer-swillin', rough, tough son of a gun Suikoden tenkai? Were there a lot of Duke Nukem games that somehow accidently got sold as Suikoden games?

I wouldn't even say HeroV is the most girly of all the Suikoden tenkais. That title still belongs to Riou.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would also say it was because of Suikoden 4.. There are a lot of Suiko Fans that left the series because of it..

Another reason is that many square enix "friendly" magazines were giving bad previews or reviews of it... or only stated the flaws in it..

I don't really care for it.. i doubt that Konami will cancel Suikoden..
It was never a "bestseller" so they maybe don't expect to much from it either..
Eternal Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

based on the info you guys found up, i'm real worried now... i mean there may have been plans about a next generation suikoden an' all, but after the sales of suiko v who knows...?? konami might, and hopefully not, cancel the production or whatever.. because it costs a hell of lot more to produce for ps3 (or x360) than current consoles, and more time also.....

i hope the rune of change doesn't CHANGE their minds :)
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

any body have the numbers on the past titles??

i heard that suiko 3 sold pretty well for a suiko *beep*.

I asked this same question in the last suikoden V sales topic, I think I posted IV's sales results there and it was like over 60k copies, but honestly who cares how many copies of IV sold since that thing is worthless now. I doubt III sold well since there was a major shortage of it for over 6 month and I don't think there were too many reprints. Anyone have the I-III & tactics official sales numbers please post it, thanks.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to Stoafa at Theirstar (who is a reliable source):

Quote:

Suikoden IV sold about 125,000 units in North America. Not that bad for a "niche" title, but less than III sold.

Suikoden III sold about 200,000 units.

He also confirmed it only sold 8,000 units in March.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
koikuro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i doubt konami would cancel suikoden....

these figures are only for north america right?
does anyone know how they r doing in the rest of da world
in da middle east (where i am from) suikoden is popular i kno plenty of ppl who buy it......and i checked with 2 video game companys tht sell them in da middle east and apparently its really popular so it would be intrestin to c how it sells in da rest of the world

pce out

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah for a niche title suikoden is pretty worldwide...its not really popular anywhere though...was suikoden 2 ever poular in japan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: